Team archer

The Le'Veon Bell Thread

2 minutes ago, Nixhead said:

Like it or not we need Paradis more than Bell. Screw Bell. What he ever do for us?  How happy are we that we didn’t land Kirk Cousins? It would of been a disaster. I don’t think u can draft a center and have him start and be effective game 1 but we could draft a RB in the 2nd round - trade up or down to get a 2nd and throw him right in the fire. Maybe our RBs will be better with an actual O line. In either event we need Paradis. Bell would be an expensive bonus that would hurt us elsewhere. Last time I looked we still need a corner. 

Who says the Jets need to decide between the two?

They still have around $60 million in cap space. They can sign both, re-sign H. Anderson, add a $6-8 million a year corner and still have $20+ million set aside for a backup QB, signings draft picks, mid-season acquisitions, etc.

If there’s one player I would quit pursuing, it’s Mosely. He’s arguably the 2nd best ILB in the league after Kuechly but I’d rather have Paradis and Bell if I have to choose two.

• Upvote 2
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, nycdan said:

That's just stupid.  I would much rather have had Barr and Tevin Coleman than wrap Bell around our necks like an overweight albatross for 4 years.  If only 1st two years were guaranteed, I'd be cool with but this reeks of desperation.

Of course it’s desperation. Barr just bent them over a barrel.

Screw it

Do what you have to do to wrap up Bell and Paradis, re-sign Henry Anderson, maybe add a cheap CB and then focus on the draft.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Skeptable said:

He's dicking around with the jets... Pull the offer... Be respectable 

Sh*t no you don’t pull the offer.

I don’t care if it takes another week for him to make his decision. Bell and Paradis should be the Jets top priorities right now and no one else should even come close.

2 minutes ago, bealeb319 said:

If we don't land bell and we can't talk to other guys because he wants to milk every penny we lose. If you tell him you are pulling the contract maybe it forces his hand if it doesn't he likely never was signing with us anyway

Sent from my LGUS991 using JetNation.com mobile app

What other guys?

Bell and Paradis are literally the only two guys left that I would be willing to pay $10+ million a year for.

The rest of FA we can go bargain hunting.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, CTJetsFan said:

Supposedly Coleman and Bell have the same agent. May not be able to pull the offer and easily pivot to Coleman.

Still don’t know why so many want Coleman.

If we miss out on Bell, I’d rather just keep Crowell for another year and draft a RB in the mid rounds.

People are making Coleman out to be something he’s not.

• Upvote 2
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, prime21 said:

You think Mac will be listening at midnight?

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

Damn skippy 

With a pair of Beats on his noggin and a little Henny in his frapucino.

Just now, choon328 said:

IDK why people think he's releasing it in his album. It sounds like he's going to announce his decision at midnight on social media and probably announce his album release at the same time.

I don’t know why anyone believes it’s going to be announced on his goofy album.

I would imagine he recorded that crap weeks, if not months ago.

He was the best in the league prior to sitting out last year.

Elite runner both inside and out, elite receiver out of the backfield, and one of the best in pass pro.

He has some of the best patience and field vision that I’ve ever seen at the position. He’s a true all-around, workhorse back. A rarity in today’s NFL.

We’ll see where he’s at now. My guess is he hasn’t fallen off at all and still has at least another 2 elite level seasons left in him.

Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company