Team archer

The Le'Veon Bell Thread

Le'Veon Bell is the only player I am adamant about.   Get this guy to Florham Park!

• Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 1

All of this is background thunder... Le'Veon Bell is the lightning bolt.  Without him the Jets offense stays grounded, pun intended, instead of becoming truly electric....

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

I agree 100%.  Bell is the player that truly changes this team.  He keeps the offense on the field by keeping the chains moving.  The "3 and outs" go bye-bye.

All of these other signings, to me, are just more examples of what fraud agency is.   I think they signed good players,  certainly not JAGs... the team is better but this league is about offense.

Bell is the guy I believe that can change the fortunes of this franchise.  

We have seen some good defenses in the last 30 years.  The Jets have had one great offense, '98, since the mid 80s. 

Without Le'Veon Bell... I am just "meh" about this off-season.

23 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

bell needed a big FA market for him to save face and it doesn't even look like he's getting that.  

I don't necessarily agree with this.  He sat out, in large part, because of the injury risk.  Like what happened to Earl Thomas...

The contract for a RB coming off major injury would be considerably less. He may not come out ahead... but all things considered, one has to consider it at least a wash.

He may not save face for those that view the results in a vacuum, but he made a logical business decision.

1 hour ago, Matt39 said:

The guy mailed in the last game he played in (AFC champ game). Signing him to 17 mill plus would be a colossal mistake. Hell sit out again without blinking. I can’t believe the Jets are actually doing this.

Dude, I get it.  You're a savvy poster.  Concerns about Bell are understandable. 

I was living in Michigan during his college run, saw him at State many times on TV.  I traded up to get him in my fantasy dynasty league early 2nd round, a steal because he had a foot injury at the time...  I have watched him play a ton.  A TON.  

Le'Veon Bell is a spectacular player.  I swear to you...  he is the guy that can help Sam change this franchise and win a SB in 2020.

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, Klecko73isGod said:

This thread is a microcosm of why I hate my fellow Jets fans.

Funny.  I was thinking most of the other threads are why I hate the fraud agency frenzy.

Bell is the only guy I really want and believe is worth these inflated, egregious contracts.

24 minutes ago, Mackman55 said:

After what I've seen from Bell the last 2 days I want no part of him on this team. Ask yourself, why did the Colts make no attempt to sign him despite having a surplus of cap space?  

18 minutes ago, HighPitch said:

Its official: i dislike bell so much as a person i am more interested in seeing a douche like him crushed and  humbled by the jets pulling their offer than i do watching him be a superstar in green.

i hate hum.... cant root for him. Done sorry

18 minutes ago, Charlie Brown said:

Hmmmm time for the Jets to lower their offer....

Enough is enough!!

Deep breaths fellas.  

Le'Veon Bell is a different cat.  So was Deion Sanders.  So was Shannon Sharpe.  So was Randy Moss.  And this will be a different caliber of unique... but so was Troy Polamalu.

Le'Veon Bell is a special player.  He will be the best offensive player the franchise has ever had the second he walks in the door.   Let it play out...

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, GREENBEAN said:

Abd then he will take a nap.... for the duration of his guaranteed contract

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

I don't believe the risk with Bell is so much higher than any other player being signed this week.

Wilk? Tru? Revis?

It happens to other teams too. 

Fraud Agency requires grossly overpaying.  So it is my contention to grossly overpay for a potentially franchise changing player.  That is what he is, in my opinion.   Barr is not.  Mosely is not.    Paradis is not.  Etc.

3 minutes ago, Bocajetfan said:

If Bell does announce at midnight can we have a poll on who will stay up for it?

I won't make it until midnight.  "Lucky" for me, unlucky actually, I have to pee every 2 to 3 hours during the night so I will know well before sunrise anyway.   The joys of entering middle age...

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

12 minutes ago, GREENBEAN said:

Barr has been to 4 prowls in 5 years. Mosely has been to 4 prowls in 5 years.  Why do you not believe in their value?  Neither has held out for an entire season during a playoff contending season. 

I hear your point of course, but come on man.  

I hear yours too.  I totally understand why fans are concerned with Bell.    There is risk.  I just feel his reward his so much higher than all other players, and the risk isn't that much more... if at all.

I can address each of the concerns about Bell individually.  Diva.  Holdout.  Mileage (I am better at ripping this one up than basically everybody else).  James Conner factor.  Etc.  

But the league is about offense.  The last 4 teams in 2018; Chiefs, Patriots, Saints, Rams.

The Jets need 1st downs.  They have way too many 3 and outs.  Sometimes they go entire quarters without gaining 10 yards.  They go halves without scoring.  The other signings don't change that.  Le'Veon Bell does.   

• Upvote 1

Nice find. 

I am excited for the Bell skeptics, and all Jets fans for that matter, to watch him play every week. 

With other running backs, and personnel packages, opponents can take educated guesses on what the offense is planning to do based on skill set limitations.  Not with Le'Veon Bell.

It might not happen immediately, but at some point next season, the Jets offense is going to be so much fun to watch.  Mainly because of the problems Bell's versatility causes a defense.

• Upvote 2
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Chrebetfan80 said:

the only issue so far has been barr backing out and it stopping us from getting into the bidding for zdarius smith and preston smith both who would have been targets had we known barr wasnt coming.  Williams wanted barr bad, thats why they targeted him.  

For what its worth, I hear the jets are absolutely livid with the situation and have called the league about it because his decision to back out after him and his agent verbally agreeing to a deal cost them players they would have targeted.  Now will anything come of them contacting the league? probably not, but there are some interesting things being asked for.. Im just glad the jets are trying to fight it since sh*t like this costs teams.  

Mac has to get creative with passrushers now but hteres still talent out there to sign, and a lot of it can come at a decent price so hopefully we hop on it.  So far though a solid solid job. 

Interesting.  Are you "connected" to the team or the league?

Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company