Team archer

The Le'Veon Bell Thread

Just now, FidelioJet said:

Stop...

This is the fun of this - I love days like today in the offseason.  Every rumor, every tweet etc.

It's one or two days a season - have fun with it!

This!

It’s like Christmas....lots of great gifts and always something you wanted but didn’t get.

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, T0mShane said:

Jamal would be the worst houseguest ever I am being serious 

I’m sure your report the next day would go something like, “Jamal showed up at my party (too early of course) and only brought cheap beer. But he let everyone know very loudly over and over that he brought beer. Then he invited some of his friends who I don’t care for to MY party. It’s so annoying. Everyone seems to like him. Why don’t they see the real Jamal that I see?”

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1

How long has he been in there? Did he turn the fan on?

EDIT:  Sorry, I thought I was in the “Bell just went to take a crap” thread. 

5 minutes ago, Team archer said:

I was thinking this earlier. 3 years 42 mill fully guranteed. Idk if bell would take that

Timing is interesting. Bell would come off the books just Jets would be looking to extend Darnold. 

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, flgreen said:

IDK, if the tweets are for real, Jets have signed possibly the best C, traded for a great Guard, and signed an excellent slot guy.

Not much not to like.  If Bell goes to the Colts, where he was rumored to want to go ,I can't really blame that on Macc

Agreed. Bell would be an acceptable sacrifice if it meant getting all those other pieces. 

Bell, Ingram, then Coleman. That’s my preference.  I have to imagine that we get one of those three. My preference is definitely for one of the first two but I don’t want to overpay for any RB.

45 minutes ago, Drums said:

Definitely not the first place I'd choose if I was him. I'd rather go to the Colts, even for a little less money. Or NY for more.

Oakland's right up there with Buffalo as places that are hell holes. Throw in Cincy and you've got your trifecta. 

But they are only in Oakland one more year. Then they moved to Las Vegas. 

19 hours ago, IndianaJet said:

I've got a feeling no one is gonna scoop this.  You won't see it from Rapoport, Schefter, Cimini etc.

Bell's gonna make a big production out of this.

Agree.  He has to be jealous of AB. Bell didn’t play football for a whole year in anticipation of being the prized free agent of this class. Instead, Brown gets 48 hours of crazy coverage, scores additional guaranteed money, and helps decide where he goes. 

I thought he already decided to go to the Ravens. Wasn’t there a quote about “NEVERMORE”? Somebody already knows what is up.

Don’t you guys know your Edgar Allan Poe?  “Quoth the raven, nevermore.”

My money is on the Ravens. 

14 minutes ago, Skeptable said:

Ingram agreed to terms with Ravens right? And Paradis would have signed already if he wanted to come here

Well, sh!t.

• Upvote 1

Hmmm... does not seem like the Ingram and Bell situation is resolved. These are tied together.

40DCB601-1106-4465-9066-AA6A54F38595.thumb.jpeg.a96b1b0681bc40f5d97d935901318711.jpeg

7 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Is there a link or tweet to support this?  

Im not staying up for nothing I need to be into work at 6am to finalize some stuff. 

Ian Rappoport said he expected this to be done tonight.....whether that's midnight Eastern Time or what, I don't know.  But the Jets gave a deadline and I think they want to know at least several hours in advance of the true signing period starting on Wednesday.

If I'm the Jets then I start floating invitations to other RBs.  If anything, just to light a fire under Bell.  The Jets have already been burned by Barr.....I'd have to hope they're smart enough not get shut out of 2nd tier RBs by letting Bell hold them hostage.

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, southtown24th said:

Brace for impact. 

Mark my words.

Wait a minute.....I thought we solved Edge, Center and RB with Anthony Barr, Matt Paradis and Le'Veon Bell.  Are you saying it's really gonna be Brandon Copeland, Jonotthan Harrison and Tevin Coleman?

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, TokyoJetsFan said:

Random thoughts thread during free agency period.  Excellent.

Get in there.  You're late.

Also, I'm in SoCal.  How is the former babysitter doing? :D 

4 minutes ago, southtown24th said:

ranch here in southern california (as most people have). no such luck.

I'll buy you a beer in Long Beach tomorrow.  Look for the guy in the Curtis Martin jersey. 😫

3 minutes ago, southtown24th said:

I live in Pasadena, unlikely I will be down there.  But, Long Beach is cool--really coming around.

Downtown by the water is nice.  I'm only here on business.....about once a month.

Just now, TokyoJetsFan said:

Where are you?

She hasn't Anthony Barr'd me yet so all good!

Long Beach until Wednesday.   Might be down by you later this month.  Let's find a game this fall to go watch the Jets lose together.  I'll buy the hot dogs.

• Upvote 1

The only thing I like about the forthcoming Bell news is that he first got cockblocked by Antonio Brown and the Raiders news.....now he's getting cockblocked by the OBJ trade. lol  This dude TOOK AN ENTIRE YEAR OFF FROM FOOTBALL and made a crappy rap album all trying to get attention for his blockbuster free agency announcement.  Now it's going to land like a thud.

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1

Am I the only one who thinks Bell is more of a d-bag than Santonio Holmes even was?

Bell going somewhere else would be a blessing in disguise at this point.  I don’t like Coleman but I’d hold out hope for Mark Ingram.

Justin Houston and Mark Ingram would salvage this FA period for me at this point.  Not much else will.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Green Truth said:

Some dude who used to play for the Raiders tweeted to him .  Can I tell anyone yet.  He also said make us proud. 

The whole gambler reference from the trashy album.  Vegas looks like the landing spot.

Ha!  It would be funny if Bell makes a grand announcement....”I’m going to play my football in Las Vegas!”

Just now, New York Mick said:

Barr went from being the best passrusher in Jets history to a soft bum that wasn’t worth the money in about 5 minutes. 

To be fair, Vikings fans said he was lazy prior to FA.....they’re now asking if he’ll be less lazy with $66M in his pocket.

The only reason I liked the Barr move was that I thought Gregg Williams would wear that guy’s ass like a shoe and motivate the hell out of him.  Oh well.  Let’s hope this is a blessing in disguise like the Cousins move.

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, Rhg1084 said:

Cracked the code he’s coming to the Jets after all!

15F8D851-6B1C-4835-B2D6-F7F8EB8AB493.jpeg

A91E64FC-A82E-4346-B60F-1E6B1E3789EE.jpeg

Whoa!  People are grasping.....but if that’s the real then well done for you or wherever you found it.

One of the smartest decisions in my life was to not do drugs.

(I should really start doing drugs)

1 hour ago, prime21 said:

IMG_8838.JPG

Comments say M +D equals Maryland. So it could be Baltimore.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

Is that a horseshoe?  Didn’t we say Macc has a horseshoe up his ass with Darnold falling to him.  And, is that a door?  Aren’t we going to show Macc the door if he f’s this up.  I solved it.  Bell is going to Cincinnati. 

• Haha 1

There’s a joke that goes, the two best days of owning a boat are the day you buy it and the day you sell it.

For whomever gets Bell I think the same will hold true.  The two most exciting days will be the day you sign him and the day you get rid of him.

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

It was never about the money or the team.  For this knucklehead the only thing it came down to was timing the release of his rap album with his free agency announcement.

What a world we now live in!

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

I would keep Crowell BTW.

Bell, Crowell, McGuire is a nice depth chart.  It’s also how we’ll prolong Bell’s prime years and still be able to wring value out of him in year 4 of this deal.

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, Matt39 said:

this is the Jetsiest signing of all time

Disagree.  Sony Michel on a rookie deal.  It’s like comparing the salaries of Sam Darnold and Aaron Rogers.

• Upvote 1

Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company