The Le'Veon Bell Thread

Team archer

13 minutes ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

That's the best way to handle it. Can't let Bell situation cost us a chance at other FAs. 

Exactly.  That’s what Barr did so Bell needs to give us a answer or adios. I’m not a Bell fan but with the extra cap space I will accept it better

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Untouchable said:

If this is true then you can bet your ass that Bell is a Jet.

That's just stupid.  I would much rather have had Barr and Tevin Coleman than wrap Bell around our necks like an overweight albatross for 4 years.  If only 1st two years were guaranteed, I'd be cool with but this reeks of desperation.

1 minute ago, nycdan said:

That's just stupid.  I would much rather have had Barr and Tevin Coleman than wrap Bell around our necks like an overweight albatross for 4 years.  If only 1st two years were guaranteed, I'd be cool with but this reeks of desperation.

Of course it’s desperation. Barr just bent them over a barrel.

Screw it

Do what you have to do to wrap up Bell and Paradis, re-sign Henry Anderson, maybe add a cheap CB and then focus on the draft.

3 minutes ago, nycdan said:

I understand wanting Barr but what in the hell is the obsession with Tevin Coleman on here? Dude is a total jag. Go with a RB in the draft with some potential instead.

Mac has absolutely no skill.  Making players like trumain johnson, bell and mosely the highest paid player at their respective position takes no talent.  Tannenbaum used to do this.  Recipe for disaster.

How many players do the pats have thst are the highest paid at their position.

1 minute ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Mac has absolutely no skill.  Making players like trumain johnson, bell and mosely the highest paid player at their respective position takes no talent.  Tannenbaum used to do this.  Recipe for disaster.

How many players do the pats have thst are the highest paid at their position.

You don't tend to have to pay a fortune for players to play on a winning team. The winning is enough. The fame is enough. The sponsorship brought about from winning is enough.

Do let me know what is appealing about the Jets aside from money.

Just now, Barry McCockinner said:

I understand wanting Barr but what in the hell is the obsession with Tevin Coleman on here? Dude is a total jag. Go with a RB in the draft with some potential instead.

That's fine.  My understanding is Coleman is the next best FA RB out there.  But I'd rather start a 4th round rookie than tie up $60MM for Bell.  Right now we should be signing deals we can get out of in 2 years so when we have to start paying mad money to Adams and Darnold, we can do it without stripping our team bare.  In 2022, Bell is going to probably be in Ted Washington's weight class and still carry a dead money hit of $10MM to cut.

Archived