The Le'Veon Bell Thread

Team archer

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Let's see Bell turn down more money to go to the Ravens.  Every move this guy has made in his football career has been about money (as is his right) so I will be stunned if he changes course now.  He's going to the highest bidder, whoever that might be.  

1 minute ago, ChuckkieB said:

Let's see Bell turn down more money to go to the Ravens.  Every move this guy has made in his football career has been about money (as is his right) so I will be stunned if he changes course now.  He's going to the highest bidder, whoever that might be.  

Especially when they have a RB at QB and just saw the unit that carried them to the playoffs dismantled.

6 minutes ago, King P said:

The same guy said the Jets were offering between $17_$20 million per year. He's going to be a Raider. They leaked the Jets numbers and will take less somewhere else to prove that he's not all about money. They're using the Jets to restore his image. I hope the FO can pivot quickly with a plan B at RB and Center. I think Paradis is as good as gone too. They should've fired this fool.

Just now, Bruce Harper said:

If everything else was equal you would think that a money hungry guy like him would go to the bigger media market with the better QB.

No one has respect for Mac.  

I'm sure it's well known around the league with players and agents - Mac's the guy you go to - to drive up the price from the team he really wants to play for.

1 minute ago, MDL_JET said:

Not his fault players rather go play somewhere else. He's giving them the most money. 

These free agents don't seem to realize how bright the future is here with Darnold.  Bowles and Maccagnan have ruined the Jets image with years of mediocrity.

Just now, MDL_JET said:

Not his fault players rather go play somewhere else. He's giving them the most money. 

When a person accepts a tentative deal it is his job to make sure the guy comes here. I can promise you that the Jets knew he was wishy washy on this deal bc his contract numbers were never released. That says to me the tentative deal was questionable at best. It's Macc's job to know that so they can pivot to other players. He just has a brutal history of finishing second all of the time.

Just now, MDL_JET said:

Do a better job selling the franchise? Sell the lifestyle? “Hey you don’t like chaos? You can live in Morris or Warren County in NJ” “Hey, you love the chaos and spotlight? Live in Hoboken and spend everyday in NYC.” “Hey look, it’s Jay-Z or Bruce Springsteen, or Robert DeNiro.” 

9 minutes ago, ChuckkieB said:

I love Damien Woody on twitter. 

2 minutes ago, MDL_JET said:

It's true and I have defended Mac regarding this, but he does have to own a little of the blame based on the losing culture he's completely responsible for over the last 4 years. The perception of the team is so poor that it literally drives players to take less money elsewhere.  Someone has to own that, and IMO that's equally split between the GM and the owner. 

1 minute ago, choon328 said:

When a person accepts a tentative deal it is his job to make sure the guy comes here. I can promise you that the Jets knew he was wishy washy on this deal bc his contract numbers were never released. That says to me the tentative deal was questionable at best. It's Macc's job to know that so they can pivot to other players. He just has a brutal history of finishing second all of the time.

Wasn't it stated that he's taking less to stay in Minnesota? Players also wanna be happy with where they live ya know. They do have a choice. 

Just now, ChuckkieB said:

It's true and I have defended Mac regarding this, but he does have to own a little of the blame based on the losing culture he's completely responsible for over the last 4 years. The perception of the team is so poor that it literally drives players to take less money elsewhere.  Someone has to own that, and IMO that's equally split between the GM and the owner. 

For sure, that part's on him. The fact that he's created most of this mess by poor drafting and such. But if he's offering a player the most and they choose to go elsewhere, what more can he do? Say I promise we'll be good, pretty please?

1 minute ago, JETSfaninNE said:

The Barr move is a bad omen, we probably losing out on Bell and Paradis while offering both most money at same time.  This franchise is cursed

It’s not a curse if Macc can’t sell his vision, pedigree or the lifestyle of NY/NJ.

Archived