Jump to content
Team archer

The Le'Veon Bell Thread

Recommended Posts

Mac can't afford to lose on Bell now. Bid the Ravens out of the water like he did with Mosely. **** it - job's on the line.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Makes sense in some respects, I'm sure he wants to stick it to the Steelers as much as possible.

Ok...let's lock down Paradis

Josh Allen in the 1st

Singletary/Henderson/Montgomery in the 3rd.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

LOL - so we overpaid for a MLB and did not get anything else.  

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Mac is getting desperate now with Barr pulling out of the Jets. With the Ravens seemingly out of the Bell sweepstakes, the Jets might be bidding with themselves. Enough with Bell teasing everyone. If I were the Jets brass I would give him a deadline of midnight tonight. Then we move on.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Let's see Bell turn down more money to go to the Ravens.  Every move this guy has made in his football career has been about money (as is his right) so I will be stunned if he changes course now.  He's going to the highest bidder, whoever that might be.  

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Buckle up folks this can go from the highest of highs to the lowest of lows in just a few short hours.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Macc cannot close deals. He's a scout, not a GM. I've been saying it for weeks. He has seconditis.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, ChuckkieB said:

Let's see Bell turn down more money to go to the Ravens.  Every move this guy has made in his football career has been about money (as is his right) so I will be stunned if he changes course now.  He's going to the highest bidder, whoever that might be.  

Especially when they have a RB at QB and just saw the unit that carried them to the playoffs dismantled.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Least prepared GM per a poll of agents last year, correct?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If everything else was equal you would think that a money hungry guy like him would go to the bigger media market with the better QB.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, King P said:

 

The same guy said the Jets were offering between $17_$20 million per year. He's going to be a Raider. They leaked the Jets numbers and will take less somewhere else to prove that he's not all about money. They're using the Jets to restore his image. I hope the FO can pivot quickly with a plan B at RB and Center. I think Paradis is as good as gone too. They should've fired this fool.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Bruce Harper said:

If everything else was equal you would think that a money hungry guy like him would go to the bigger media market with the better QB.

No one has respect for Mac.  

I'm sure it's well known around the league with players and agents - Mac's the guy you go to - to drive up the price from the team he really wants to play for.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, choon328 said:

Macc cannot close deals. He's a scout, not a GM. I've been saying it for weeks. He has seconditis.

Not his fault players rather go play somewhere else. He's giving them the most money. 

 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, MDL_JET said:

Not his fault players rather go play somewhere else. He's giving them the most money. 

 

These free agents don't seem to realize how bright the future is here with Darnold.  Bowles and Maccagnan have ruined the Jets image with years of mediocrity.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, jmat321 said:

Least prepared GM per a poll of agents last year, correct?

Seriously, is that true?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Pull the offer go get Saffold and Paradis 
Isn't osemele younger, better and already on our roster than saffold? Sign Paridis I am all for but saffold is old we can do better I think

Sent from my LGUS991 using JetNation.com mobile app

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, MDL_JET said:

Not his fault players rather go play somewhere else. He's giving them the most money. 

 

When a person accepts a tentative deal it is his job to make sure the guy comes here. I can promise you that the Jets knew he was wishy washy on this deal bc his contract numbers were never released. That says to me the tentative deal was questionable at best. It's Macc's job to know that so they can pivot to other players. He just has a brutal history of finishing second all of the time.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, MDL_JET said:

Not his fault players rather go play somewhere else. He's giving them the most money. 

 

Do a better job selling the franchise? Sell the lifestyle? “Hey you don’t like chaos? You can live in Morris or Warren County in NJ” “Hey, you love the chaos and spotlight? Live in Hoboken and spend everyday in NYC.” “Hey look, it’s Jay-Z or Bruce Springsteen, or Robert DeNiro.” 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, ChuckkieB said:

Let's see Bell turn down more money to go to the Ravens.  Every move this guy has made in his football career has been about money (as is his right) so I will be stunned if he changes course now.  He's going to the highest bidder, whoever that might be.  

 

I love Damien Woody on twitter. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, MDL_JET said:

Not his fault players rather go play somewhere else. He's giving them the most money. 

 

It's true and I have defended Mac regarding this, but he does have to own a little of the blame based on the losing culture he's completely responsible for over the last 4 years. The perception of the team is so poor that it literally drives players to take less money elsewhere.  Someone has to own that, and IMO that's equally split between the GM and the owner. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, choon328 said:

When a person accepts a tentative deal it is his job to make sure the guy comes here. I can promise you that the Jets knew he was wishy washy on this deal bc his contract numbers were never released. That says to me the tentative deal was questionable at best. It's Macc's job to know that so they can pivot to other players. He just has a brutal history of finishing second all of the time.

Wasn't it stated that he's taking less to stay in Minnesota? Players also wanna be happy with where they live ya know. They do have a choice. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, bealeb319 said:

Isn't osemele younger, better and already on our roster than saffold? Sign Paridis I am all for but saffold is old we can do better I think

Sent from my LGUS991 using JetNation.com mobile app
 

Yes completely forgot about Osemele lol Im fried

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, ChuckkieB said:

It's true and I have defended Mac regarding this, but he does have to own a little of the blame based on the losing culture he's completely responsible for over the last 4 years. The perception of the team is so poor that it literally drives players to take less money elsewhere.  Someone has to own that, and IMO that's equally split between the GM and the owner. 

For sure, that part's on him. The fact that he's created most of this mess by poor drafting and such. But if he's offering a player the most and they choose to go elsewhere, what more can he do? Say I promise we'll be good, pretty please?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Barr move is a bad omen, we probably losing out on Bell and Paradis while offering both most money at same time.  This franchise is cursed

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, JETSfaninNE said:

The Barr move is a bad omen, we probably losing out on Bell and Paradis while offering both most money at same time.  This franchise is cursed

It’s not a curse if Macc can’t sell his vision, pedigree or the lifestyle of NY/NJ.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now



Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company
×
×
  • Create New...