Jump to content
Team archer

The Le'Veon Bell Thread

Recommended Posts

Just now, Mike135 said:

Except Macc doesn't seem to be taking the bait.

and how do we know that for sure?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, bealeb319 said:

If we don't land bell and we can't talk to other guys because he wants to milk every penny we lose. If you tell him you are pulling the contract maybe it forces his hand if it doesn't he likely never was signing with us anyway

Sent from my LGUS991 using JetNation.com mobile app
 

What other guys?

Bell and Paradis are literally the only two guys left that I would be willing to pay $10+ million a year for.

The rest of FA we can go bargain hunting.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, long time suffering Jets f said:

Its becoming a lose-lose situation with Bell. If he takes the Jets deal, a lot of naysayers will be killing the organization for shelling out an obscene amount of money to a RB. If he turns us down, we will have the continued stigma of a losing culture with free agents signing with other teams for less money.

If you concern yourself with the naysayers, you'll never be happy.  Especially in a NY market.

F em.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Image result for mike maccagnan on phone pics

MM- Mr. Bell Im running the portion of a piece of  ownership past the Johnson brothers as we speak, and future concession sales, ticket sales and PSL sales even though you are aware according to SAR I PSL's are SOLD OUT already. 

Bell. Come on Macc you know i'm just trying to feed my family. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

 

That really is the best part

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, BallinPB said:

and how do we know that for sure?

We know nothing for sure.  The final result will tell a lot though.

I have faith in Macc.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Mike135 said:

If you concern yourself with the naysayers, you'll never be happy.  Especially in a NY market.

F em.

I care. Because it makes me feel good to hear positive things about them and it gives me a boost of self esteem

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Darnold Schwarzenegger said:

If Macc is only bidding against himself, and somehow doesn't sign Bell, he sucks worse than I thought

Bell or Macc?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Image result for mike maccagnan on phone pics

MM- Mr. Bell Im running the portion of a piece of  ownership past the Johnson brothers as we speak, and future concession sales, ticket sales and PSL sales even though you are aware according to SAR I PSL's are SOLD OUT already. 

Bell. Come on Macc you know i'm just trying to feed my family. 

This is not your thing. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

bell is a hall of fame type player and a huge need for us and will do wonders for sam

sign him and enjoy the ride

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The only thing the Bell deal is holding up is signing a different RB. Him signing or not signing should change nothing regarding the Jets plans at different positions. Especially with the extra $15 million over the next 4 years that they just got back. I'm almost certain they pivoted to a different pass rusher already and are communicating with CB's. Hopefully lol

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

mac is so bad he could lose out when it is jets bidding against the jets to drive the price out

it is with careful execution that he built one of the worst rosters in football which our record clearly illustrates

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Mike135 said:

We know nothing for sure.  The final result will tell a lot though.

I have faith in Macc.

I'd do what they did with Suh last year..  give him till 5 today then move on to Coleman.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Darnold Schwarzenegger said:

If Macc is only bidding against himself, and somehow doesn't sign Bell, he sucks worse than I thought

What are you talking about? 

This happens all the time in free agency across all sports. A team really wants a player and is the only team willing to pay a certain amount, the player knows it and tries to milk every last penny. The team eventually says FU and pulls the offer and the player signs with another team for less. 

Do some of you guys follow sports outside of the Jets bubble you live in? 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, King P said:

 

There it is..  Macc isnt ******* around.

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, JoJoTownsell1 said:

What are you talking about? 

This happens all the time in free agency across all sports. A team really wants a player and is the only team willing to pay a certain amount, the player knows it and tries to milk every last penny. The team eventually says FU and pulls the offer and the player signs with another team for less. 

Do some of you guys follow sports outside of the Jets bubble you live in? 

I think it's more like the Jets black cloud they live under. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, UnitedWhofans said:

Problem is that they will be crapped on and laughed at if he doesnt sign

 

Jets are always crapped on and laughed at. What else is new. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, BallinPB said:

We are being played 

 

I'm the Jets, I take a $1,000,000 off the table, and call Coleman's agent.  Not signing Coleman right now, but not letting this bozo jerk us around 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, joewilly12 said:

I think it's more like the Jets black cloud they live under. 

See they are going to get crapped on either way. Why have faith in anything?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
What other guys?
Bell and Paradis are literally the only two guys left that I would be willing to pay $10+ million a year for.
The rest of FA we can go bargain hunting.
There are still other decent players out there. We still have some gapeing holes. Who is our nickle corner and our cb2? Who is our edge rusher? Wr1? There might not be great answers to these questions in free agency but we still need to answer them and mediocre players still need to be paid.

Sent from my LGUS991 using JetNation.com mobile app

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Pac said:

There it is..  Macc isnt ******* around.

Yup, that's exactly  how he should play it. Get an answer by some time today, if not, move on. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Jets have given a deadline, hopefully ends soon with bell in green and white. Sam needs a legitimate playmaker. It’s all about Sam. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Pac said:

I'd do what they did with Suh last year..  give him till 5 today then move on to Coleman.

Think they did issue a deadline.

Can't fault Bell for trying to make as much as possible, but it seems to be "crap or get off the pot time."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company
×
×
  • Create New...