The Le'Veon Bell Thread

Team archer

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 minutes ago, joenamathwouldn'tcry said:

If that's so, why is he dragging this franchise around by the dick for the better part of the last two years.  Every time he's approached about playing here, he's lukewarm, or worse, like some cross eyed spinster who wants to be wooed at the dance.  He's full of sh*t, in my opinion.  Watch.  Nice pull with the tweet anyway, kudos.

Surprised you didn't know about that tweet, its been referred to often by the guys here hoping it would influence his decision. 

As to your post, If I had to guess, I'd say because he was trying to maximize the amount of money he'd be able to make with his new contract. It really wouldn't make much sense to slobber all over us more then with a few cryptic tweets with Adams, now would it?

20 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

Yet the patriots took one in the first round. 

Yup. Michel's total contract value is under $10 million for 4 years and he is 22 years old.  I'd sign up for that. How do you even compare that to Bell getting $15 mill per year for 3-4 years at 27 years old? Neither he nor any other RB is worth anywhere near that kind of money.  Take money from Bell and give it to Paradis and really upgrade this team where it is most important - OL.  

2 minutes ago, 14 in Green said:

Surprised you didn't know about that tweet, its been referred to often by the guys here hoping it would influence his decision. 

As to your post, If I had to guess, I'd say because he was trying to maximize the amount of money he'd be able to make with his new contract. It really wouldn't make much sense to slobber all over us more then with a few cryptic tweets with Adams, now would it?

I forgot about it.  Maybe convenient memory syndrome.  He's a dick.  If that was his well orchestrated plan, a year an a half is some foresight on his part.  Didn't think he had it in him.  If he comes, I'll embrace it. As a Jet fan what's the alternative. There's enough 'Negative Nancy's" around here to fill the Titanic.   If he doesn't, f'em.  By the way, where's Natasha???

1 minute ago, ChuckkieB said:

Getting the feeling that the Jets are the high offer but Bell doesn't want any part of NY.  Hope I'm wrong.

Or he might want to come to NY but is hesitant due to high taxes.  It never made sense to me that state taxes aren't factored into the salary cap.

2 minutes ago, JETSfaninNE said:

This is probably full of sh*t, but its something to chew on

Jets offer Leveon Bell 4 contracts to pick from, including one for less money but every year FULLY GUARANTEED. 

I was thinking this earlier. 3 years 42 mill fully guranteed. Idk if bell would take that

14 mil per which is less than what he wanted

50 minutes ago, choon328 said:

I have a terrible feeling he's going to the Colts. They have more money then the Jets and have a better offensive line currently. Macc just seems to not be able to lure the top guys in. He'll take a little less money to go to the Colts so he comes off as not deciding based on money. 

Macc just can not get it done.

IDK, if the tweets are for real, Jets have signed possibly the best C, traded for a great Guard, and signed an excellent slot guy.

Not much not to like.  If Bell goes to the Colts, where he was rumored to want to go ,I can't really blame that on Macc

4 minutes ago, flgreen said:

IDK, if the tweets are for real, Jets have signed possibly the best C, traded for a great Guard, and signed an excellent slot guy.

Not much not to like.  If Bell goes to the Colts, where he was rumored to want to go ,I can't really blame that on Macc

Agreed. Bell would be an acceptable sacrifice if it meant getting all those other pieces. 

1 hour ago, Legend Killa7 said:

ugh...so nervous.  the longer this goes, the worse it is for the Jets IMHO...

The longer it goes the more money is spent by other teams, meaning only the teams with a ton of cap space can even consider him.  Fewer suitors drives his market down, not up. 

28 minutes ago, long time suffering Jets f said:

If Macc can get Paradis signed this evening  I think that would make Bell's decision easier. Any longer, we might lose him.

You think he cares about that? He is chasing dollars, guarantee $$. If jets lose out of Paradis bell will be happier, knowing jets have more $$, and will be more desperate to sign him 

10 minutes ago, johnnysd said:

Here's what I will say...my biggest takeway from FA coverage...Id like to do naughty things with Lindsay Rhoads...just saying.

You're not the only one thinking that. LOL

I've got to start watching more NFL Network!!! :wub:

Lev Bell is gonna make his decision on Wednesday at the exact time his get this ALBUM drops (yes it’s dropping March 13th this can not be a coincidence).  So all you guys staring at his twitter feed, and others for a Bell signing wait till Wednesday around album drop time.

Educated Guess.

Just now, Lupz27 said:

Lev Bell is gonna make his decision on Wednesday at the exact time his get this ALBUM drops (yes it’s dropping March 13th this can not be a coincidence).  So all you guys staring at his twitter feed, and others for a Bell signing wait till Wednesday around album drop time.

Educated Guess.

Archived