The Le'Veon Bell Thread

Team archer

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Patriot Killa said:

Hey and that contract is a steal for us. I thought he’d see 14-16 mill.

Nope, the market showed itself rather quickly when this dragged on past this morning. He THOUGHT he was going to get that much and finally had to bite the bullet for being a DUMB-@$$ and accept a LOWER offer from the Jets. 

If it's 2017 Bell we signed, I'm happy. I'm a bit skeptical and am SURE it will take him 9 games to get his "groove" back. But HEY! IF it worked for John Riggins . . . . 

Just now, Aussie Jet said:

The first year will be even cheaper when you factor in the cap savings for the Crowell cut that must surely be coming.

I wouldn't cut him JUST YET. We have NO IDEA how/WHAT shape Bell is in and HOW LONG it will take him to re-acclimate to the speed and physicality of the game. 

11 minutes ago, jeremy2020 said:

Mac once again invests resources in in a position that has been shown to get production out of low cost vets and mid round draft picks and in a player that's so smart he pouted his way to a contract worth less than the one he was offered and sat out of football for a year and has shown that football is not his main interest. Oh, yeah and make him the highest paid RB in the league.

Really hoping he and Sam hang out a lot so they can put out a duet album.

You are not wrong. I am taking solace in that the FO is demonstrating, to fans, that they will go Big Game Hunting to deliver on a promise of a NY Jets Super Bowl Championship that doesn't predate color tv.

On 3/11/2019 at 6:44 PM, fullblast said:

Feel like I'm the only one who doesn't care what happens here. If we sign him, great. If not, great. Biggest priority was upgrading the line, second is finding a pass rusher. We do need a RB upgrade but it doesn't have to be Bell.

ehhh… you would be Surprised what a Great running & pass catching rb Will Do for a QB.

Archived