The Le'Veon Bell Thread

Team archer

28 minutes ago, Nixhead said:

Like it or not we need Paradis more than Bell. Screw Bell. What he ever do for us?  How happy are we that we didn’t land Kirk Cousins? It would of been a disaster. I don’t think u can draft a center and have him start and be effective game 1 but we could draft a RB in the 2nd round - trade up or down to get a 2nd and throw him right in the fire. Maybe our RBs will be better with an actual O line. In either event we need Paradis. Bell would be an expensive bonus that would hurt us elsewhere. Last time I looked we still need a corner. 

I agree that we need Paradis more than Bell, but we can't control where players prefer to go. If Paradis should get 3/30 and we offer 3/35 what else can Macc do. 
Personally, I am pretty ambivalent on Bell. Not a huge fan of signing RBs at 27 to big deals, but it doesn't sound like it will cost as much as the media thought. 

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
33 minutes ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

I agree that we need Paradis more than Bell, but we can't control where players prefer to go. If Paradis should get 3/30 and we offer 3/35 what else can Macc do. 
Personally, I am pretty ambivalent on Bell. Not a huge fan of signing RBs at 27 to big deals, but it doesn't sound like it will cost as much as the media thought. 

Just did a quick internet comparison of Florida (for instance) vs NJ for taxes on a $10 million dollar salary and the difference is $0 vs just under $1M. I don't think fans, talking heads, etc don't consider this and other factors like weather, family enough. 

I'm sure this has happened to many of us here actually, but obviously on a smaller scale. Personally my move from Brooklyn to Alabama was certainly worth it financially and I'm just some dude not an NFL'er. Point being, people are people and just because a player doesn't sign somewhere doesn't mean the GM, whoever it may be, didn't do their job correctly. 

1 hour ago, cant wait said:

I never understood the hate either... the guy saw his teammate nearly become a paraplegic on the field so he did the smart thing and waited until he got a guaranteed deal and not risk what could be his only chance

Doesn't matter if you're a plumber, salesman or an athlete.... if someone wants to pay you more to do the same job who the Hell wouldn't listen? For some reason we expect athletes to be "loyal" to their employer while any of us would at a minimum use the new offer to try to squeeze a raise out of our current boss.

2 minutes ago, MichaelScott said:

Paradis is gone? I thought Morse was going to the Bill's. It looked like that was our main competition. I stop following JN for a couple hours and I miss everything lol

I think Denver is making a push to re-sign him.

19 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

Then they would have to dump Jordan Howard. 

Just now, rammagen said:

they still need to then move one of their rbs. I would love to upgrade the oline and then go rb but we sooo many holes to fill

That wouldn't be hard. Signing Bell makes the other backs expendable (especially Howard)

5 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

There are a lot of you. I don’t understand why you like an offense without any legitimate weapons.

I, personally, would prefer a team that can score a lot points.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

24:25:31

I don’t want him because of the contract and him sitting out a year. I just don’t want headaches

jets have to sign bell-this is an offensive driven league and they are throwing all of the money and ONCE AGAIN focusing on the defense -this approach has failed us for over a decade

they drafted sam and have to give him a legit weapon-crowder and bellamy are scrubs and if you drafted Sam to be the qb of the future help him succeed and no  other play in the league can do that better than bell can

If the jets sign bell I will sing the praises of Mac(who I think has put together a terrible team up until this point) if they go with a srub like coleman  instead my hate will grow

this entire FA season has always been about bell for me-the jets drafted sam to be the qb of the future-he needs a legit pro bowl type of weapon to depend on and bell is that guy. The  Jets have been throwing all kinds of money at the defense once again-sure it is nice to get good players but this is an offensive driven league and we have spent over a decade trying to win by drafting defense and making the defense the backbone of this team and it has failed us.

If the Jets sign bell I will praise Mac who I think has put together a terrible roster in  his tenure-if they pass on Bell my hate will grow-adding scrubs like crowder do not change our offense neither does bellamy and coleman is not the answer either

Bell is the answer and although a different  type of person he can be this teams curtis martin /tomlinson for the next 5 years

24 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

Definitely not a scrub.

guess you did not watch the skins last year-the team begged for a wr to step up crowder failed at doing so and could not stay healthy either-his stats were terrible last year as was his performance

1 minute ago, kmnj said:

guess you did not watch the skins last year-the team begged for a wr to step up crowder failed at doing so and could not stay healthy either-his stats were terrible last year as was his performance

Crowder

is 

not

a

scrub.

just because he’s not a marquee name doesn’t mean that he can’t have success here. The small pieces on a team contribute too. He’ll do well here.

Just now, RVAJet815 said:

The skins offense was a mess last year. If you're blaming that on Crowder, we have no reason to debate that with you.

yes and he was a big part of it-he was supposed to be one of their top weapons

numbers dont lie he had 29 catches for under 400 yards

4 minutes ago, kmnj said:

yes and he was a big part of it-he was supposed to be one of their top weapons

numbers dont lie he had 29 catches for under 400 yards

Yes in this case, they do...Alex smith was the QB for part of the year and then COlt Mc Coy and Freaking Sanchez after that. They had no RB after AP pulled up lame in Nov/Dec. The line was leaky, and the other receiving options were so awful that Crowder frequently got doubled or at least got zoned to hell. Anything else?

Archived