The Le'Veon Bell Thread

Team archer

2 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Jameson Crowder is not a scrub he's one of those players what with the ball in his hands makes things happen. 

Agreed.  He isn’t the “sexy name” WR but he will be extremely valuable to Sam and the offense

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bell and Paradis were 1 and 2 coming into this - a top 5 RB and top 3 center.

instead we got LB's that don't get sacks and a slot receiver. 

Without Bell and Paradis, I won't go as far as calling this is a disaster but it's not a great way to spend $100mm

Crowder missed like half the season last year.  But the 3 prior years he was a good weapon.  He will never be a #1 WR, but he will be very good in the Kearse-type role and I don't expect a lackadaisical effort from him which is what we exactly got from kearse last season.  $28 million is a lot for him, but that (overpay) is what happens in free agency with every team's signings in the first couple of days.  

1 minute ago, FidelioJet said:

Bell and Paradis were 1 and 2 coming into this - a top 5 RB and top 3 center.

instead we got LB's that don't get sacks and a slot receiver. 

Without Bell and Paradis, I won't go as far as calling this is a disaster but it's not a great way to spend $100mm

I'm sorry, I'm gonna trust Gregg Williams to know what he needs. If he thinks he can turn Barr and Mosley into some mayhem inducing LBs, I'm taking his opinion over anyone here. Myself included :)

13 minutes ago, kmnj said:

29 catches for under 400 yards is a scrub

the skins needed him to step up last year-he failed miserably in doing so

He was battling an ankle injury all year, but tried to play through it.

His previous 3 years, he was a highly effective slot - one of the best in the business.

2 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

At this point and time I cant wait until this Bell situation is over so we can either plan for him in our offense or move on. 

Enough is enough. 

Fair. I think it's win, win. If Bell finally goes somewhere, we know we've got the cash to throw extra money at the likes of Paradis and a CB.

Definitely not the first place I'd choose if I was him. I'd rather go to the Colts, even for a little less money. Or NY for more.

Oakland's right up there with Buffalo as places that are hell holes. Throw in Cincy and you've got your trifecta. 

2 minutes ago, Drums said:

Definitely not the first place I'd choose if I was him. I'd rather go to the Colts, even for a little less money. Or NY for more.

Oakland's right up there with Buffalo as places that are hell holes. Throw in Cincy and you've got your trifecta. 

They'll be in Las Vegas in 2 seasons...... that's not a bad place to be! Better than Oakland.

Do they charge Income Tax in Vegas??

Bell was a difference making player. NO DOUBT. There are those who argue he will be that player for the Jets. I hope so, if they sign him, but I can't help but wonder what a year off partying down in Miami along with a budding music career(YIKES) has done to him mentally and physically. Starting to see those red flags creep higher and higher and it's not hard to notice it. We all want this team to win and give Sam the support he needs but is Bell going to be that same player? You can't say either way until we see him on the field. Is that a chance the Jets are willing to take at the price he will command? We will see.

8 minutes ago, Rhg1084 said:

Akbar is a former Raider ... “Make us proud” 

We’ll see soon though 

The American Ninja Warrior guy?  He was cut from the Raiders more than a decade ago.  I don't think he's had any other ties to them since.  He's also been with the Chargers and Dolphins and his brother was a Packer.  He has been tweeting that Bell was going to the Ravens.

10 minutes ago, IndianaJet said:

He's also the same guy who tweeted the cryptic Ravens reference a few days ago....so....?

Other than him representing that he knows where Bell is headed....I'm not going to read too much into this.

1 minute ago, #27TheDominator said:

The American Ninja Warrior guy?  He was cut from the Raiders more than a decade ago.  I don't think he's had any other ties to them since.  He's also been with the Chargers and Dolphins and his brother was a Packer.  He has been tweeting that Bell was going to the Ravens.

Faith has been restored.

12 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

At this point and time I cant wait until this Bell situation is over so we can either plan for him in our offense or move on. 

Enough is enough. 

Free agency doesn't start until tomorrow!  Why doesn't this mother****er make up his mind already?  I can't stand the suspense.  Time to move on!

Archived