Barr to the Jets, or not

playtowinthegame

• Replies 344
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

His natural position he hasn’t played in 5 years. Yes. 

It’s well noted that Barr’s movement skills as an off-ball linebacker are what prompted Zimmer to play him at SLB.  Griffin and Hunter just couldn’t move in space as well as they could play “attack mode” so Zimmer put Barr in space, and let the others play kill the QB (thereby getting all of his aces on the field at the same time).  Probably a good choice considering the pro-bowls Barr has attended and the defensive resume MIN has produced over the years. 

1 minute ago, TheGoose said:

It’s well noted that Barr’s movement skills as an off-ball linebacker are what prompted Zimmer to play him at SLB.  Griffin and Hunter just couldn’t move in space as well as they could play “attack mode” so Zimmer put Barr in space, and let the others play kill the QB (thereby getting all of his aces on the field at the same time).  Probably a good choice considering the pro-bowls Barr has attended and the defensive resume MIN has produced over the years. 

Thank you for a legitimate response. 

38 minutes ago, choon328 said:

I know that, after Barr, adding Mosley would instantly make the LBers the best unit on this D but does anyone else think signing Mosley (assume it will be more than Alexander signed for) might be tying up too much money into the LBers?

I know we have a ton of cap space and we have the luxury of having Sam on the cheap but, idk... Williams, Barr AND Mosley just seems like a ton of money on that unit. I would also think that signing Mosley might take us out of the Bell running considering we still need Paradis and a starting CB. 

26 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

They have to have a plan to trade lee, right?  

Lee won't even cost $2 mil this year. Whats the rush to dump him?

Hes costing us half as much as theWR from the Bears. (already forgot his name, lol)

3 minutes ago, TheGoose said:

barr has also been rated the best blitzing LB in the league twice. I expect him to be used more in a pass rush role here but I still think they add another edge to split the load

6 minutes ago, MichaelScott said:

I know that, after Barr, adding Mosley would instantly make the LBers the best unit on this D but does anyone else think signing Mosley (assume it will be more than Alexander signed for) might be tying up too much money into the LBers?

I know we have a ton of cap space and we have the luxury of having Sam on the cheap but, idk... Williams, Barr AND Mosley just seems like a ton of money on that unit. I would also think that signing Mosley might take us out of the Bell running considering we still need Paradis and a starting CB. 

You may see Leo traded if they sign Mosley. That's $14 million right there. I know they don't play the same position but that may feel he's not necessary after those signings

28 minutes ago, jetspenguin said:

Am I supposed to be happy with this? I see the cheering from the rafters but .....eh

C'mon my friend, we're Jets fans. How many days a year do we get to be happy. Take off your shoes, kick back and enjoy this! :thumbup:

3 minutes ago, Scott Dierking said:

So today I thought I read (before the splurge of signings) that the only  2 players that the Jets have under contract beyond 2020 are Adams and Darnold. That can't be right, can it?

They're the only ones with guaranteed money after 2020

5 minutes ago, cant wait said:

barr has also been rated the best blitzing LB in the league twice. I expect him to be used more in a pass rush role here but I still think they add another edge to split the load

Nice! I didn’t know that. It’ll be great to see what he can do when that becomes his “full-time job”

1 minute ago, 14 in Green said:

C'mon my friend, we're Jets fans. How many days a year do we get to be happy. Take off your shoes, kick back and enjoy this! :thumbup:

Yeah, this was always the best time of the year!

Remember when we signed Sam Cowart and Donnie Abraham?

And then still splurged for Beasley?

Glory days!

3 minutes ago, choon328 said:

You may see Leo traded if they sign Mosley. That's $14 million right there. I know they don't play the same position but that may feel he's not necessary after those signings

How is Lee 14 million? Isn't NEXT year his 5th year option where is salary balloons?

I think he is making (relatively) pennies this year. 

4 minutes ago, MichaelScott said:

How is Lee 14 million? Isn't NEXT year his 5th year option where is salary balloons?

I think he is making (relatively) pennies this year. 

They didn't give him his 5th year, so he'll be a FA next season if they don't cut him. All they have to gain cap wise about 2 million.

Archived