Josh McCown Update

nyjbuddy

I wonder if this means he isnt interested in coming back in some coaching capacity. 

I know its brought up here a lot, but I wonder if the Jets are even at all interested in bringing him back in a coaching capacity. That very well might just be something we kick around.

Now that there is no competition and no chance of him coming in as a starter, if they resign him they cant possibly justify giving him more than 2-3 million. Even that would be too much as far as I'm concerned. 

3 minutes ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

In other words, the Jets offered him vet minimum or an intern coaching position instead of a ridiculous $10M contract to "mentor" Sam. 

You know Josh helped Sam a lot so honestly it was money well spent IMO

11 minutes ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

In other words, the Jets offered him vet minimum or an intern coaching position instead of a ridiculous $10M contract to "mentor" Sam. 

Translates to ...  I couldn’t get that DOPE Mac to pay me a few million so I’m gonna wait it out.  I think he will cave. 

This doesn't mean the Jets had more money for FA, in terms of the starting $ are higher right? Just that they should be able to sign a guy for less than that amount, assuming he got the same thing again. Hope I'm clear. This priapism from the good moves so far has made me lightheaded

2 minutes ago, HelenOfTroy said:

Every time a guy says that, you think their girlfriend or wife has to be smoking hot....rarely does that turn out to be true.  On the contrary....often proving just how blind love is.

my wife is hot.  chick in this pic is not. period.

9 minutes ago, southtown24th said:

Sure, yeah.  I’ve heard this too many times, expecting a raving beauty, then seeing a drudge.

I told my husband never, ever to say I was pretty or beautiful for that reason, and to never say anything critical about another woman’s looks.  You could end up looking the fool.

44 minutes ago, southtown24th said:

And youre hung like a horse.

Have a BMW

Millions in the bank......

When you have a hot wife, you dont have to brag and rag on someone elses hot wife.  

8 hours ago, HelenOfTroy said:

Sure, yeah.  I’ve heard this too many times, expecting a raving beauty, then seeing a drudge.

I told my husband never, ever to say I was pretty or beautiful for that reason, and to never say anything critical about another woman’s looks.  You could end up looking the fool.

Sup gorgeous?

Dear Josh McCown-

Thank you for your service to the Jets in 2017-2108 and for your long career in the NFL.

You are very well liked and respected and an overall good guy.  It also appears that your have created with your wife a beautiful family that is very important to you.

You have also made a lot of money without actually ever really excelling at your craft.

At this point in time I think you should retire and find a coaching position with a High School, College or NFL team near your family’s home.  FWIW, that is what Doug Pederson did, and look where he is now.  Let your kids grow older while you learn your new craft, and after you ship the last one off to college travel the country with your wife having fun coaching football.  

But now, you should let someone like Davis Webb have your roster spot and move on.

Thank you again, 

Varjet

Archived