Current / updated remaining cap (with guesses)

thshadow

I just want to start a thread.  I'll put in what I think / guess - please feel free to correct me.  I'll try to keep this updated.  [Last update: 3/15 4pm.]

Starting with $92.4M before KO (as overthecap lists us at $82.2 including KO).

Kelechi Osemele: $10.2M
Anthony Barr:  $14M?
Jamison Crowder: $7M $8M (I'm guess it's $8m gtd, then $9m gtd, then the other $11.5 for year 3 not guaranteed)
Josh Bellamy: $1.84M  $4M-ish
Daryl Roberts:  $5M  $2M (just a guess)
CJ Mosely: $13.5M   $14M (complete guess, from 5-year, $85M deal worth $51M guaranteed.)
Le'Veon Bell:  $8.5M  $13M (guess from 4 year / 52.5M)
Henry Anderson: $8M?  (three-year is for $25.2 million ... with a max value of $33M,)
Poole:  3.5M
Catanzaro:  Guess 3M
Hewitt:  Guess 1.5M
McClendon:  2.5M
Harrison:  3M

Rookie Contracts:  9M

Total extra cap cost for 2019: $76.5

Remaining cap: $15.9M

(Note: As Choon328 points out below, I'm making somewhat conservative / high guesses for cap charges in 2019.  There are probably signing bonuses that reduces the 2019 charges...)

(Thanks @Skeptable for some recent updates!)

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, thshadow said:

I just want to start a thread.  I'll put in what I think / guess - please feel free to correct me.  I'll try to keep this updated.

Jamison Crowder: $8M (I'm guess it's $8m gtd, then $9m gtd, then the other $11.5 for year 3 not guaranteed)

Total extra cap cost for 2019: $32.2

Remaining cap: $60.2M

Need to know Roberts and the exclusive right Free agents that they brought back.

Figure:

Bell 16mil

Paradis 12mil

Mosely 15mil (maybe)

Would allow us to cut or trade Lee and Crowell though.  Cut = 5mil savings.  Trade could equate to 8mil in savings.

So roughly 22 to 25mil would remain for rookies, 2 CBs and ?...

2 minutes ago, Mike135 said:

Figure:

Bell 16mil

Paradis 12mil

Mosely 15mil (maybe)

Would allow us to cut or trade Lee and Crowell though.  Cut = 5mil savings.  Trade could equate to 8mil in savings.

So roughly 22 to 25mil would remain for rookies, 2 CBs and ?...

The mighty Red Fox!

635767972187891261-Jason-Myers-action-4_ 

How would the Jets now be doing on the minimum required spend threshold? Haven’t they been under for a couple of years? I think it is something like a three-year measuring span.

If they still end up significantly under the Cap, even after rookies, does it make sense to accelerate the extensions of anyone? Could you see them extending Leo Williams before the season?

So, we essentially have space for two more big contracts and a modest contract. The rest would have to go to the draft and signing guys to fill in the rest of the team. Paradis and Bell plus Callahan. Then Macc can try and find those bargain guys he loves. Would be a great Free Agency if he can pull that off. 

Just now, GreenFish said:

So, we essentially have space for two more big contracts and a modest contract. The rest would have to go to the draft and signing guys to fill in the rest of the team. Paradis and Bell plus Callahan. Then Macc can try and find those bargain guys he loves. Would be a great Free Agency if he can pull that off. 

Im guessing 3 more players possibly 4 there are ways and means around the salary cap. 

Our executive of the year should have it all under control. 

Just now, joewilly12 said:

Im guessing 3 more players possibly 4 there are ways and means around the salary cap. 

Our executive of the year should have it all under control. 

Typically I would say, let's not push it. But we only have Jamal Adams and possibly Robby Anderson to sign in the next couple of years. So, I guess yea. Let the good times roll. 

2 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

Unless you know the structure of the deals you're just throwing darts.

Bingo!!!  Simple subtraction of the players salary from the cap doesn't work

16 minutes ago, thshadow said:

I just want to start a thread.  I'll put in what I think / guess - please feel free to correct me.  I'll try to keep this updated.

Jamison Crowder: $8M (I'm guess it's $8m gtd, then $9m gtd, then the other $11.5 for year 3 not guaranteed)
Josh Bellamy: $4M-ish
Daryl Roberts:  TBD

Total extra cap cost for 2019: $36.2

Remaining cap: $56.2M

I doubt there first year cap hits are that high on Crowder and Barr. It usually gets higher as the guaranteed money gets lower. Probably $5-$6 million for Crowder, $9-$11 million for Barr and Bellamy got $2.75 million guaranteed. Part of that was a $1.5 million signing bonus. So I think his base pay for year 1 will be $1.25 (guaranteed) plus $750K as a pro rated bonus. So his cap hit will probably be $2 million. They add the 2nd year as a dummy year. It'll be $3.25 million non guaranteed with a $750K dead hit if he's cut. Probably talking $19-$20 million between the three of them today. So they've spent about $30 million w/o the Roberts details. Leaves about $62 million. Roberts will probably come in at $3 or $4 million. That's of course just my opinion

12 minutes ago, Jets723 said:

Rather get mosley and Paradis. Dont trust Bell after last year

Respectively disagree but I can see your point on Bell.

But Mosley- pass. That’s Macc in self preservation mode. A smart GM passes on paying $16m to an inside LB. 

And I’ve been happy with Macc thus far but no reason for Mosley at that cost. 

One thing to keep in mind - do we actually have 22 starters signed?

Like, we don't really have anyone we'd expect to be CB2

For LBs, we have: Barr, Lee (he's still here), Williamson, and Jordan Jenkins I guess?

DL: Leonard Williams, and ...  Nathan Shepherd?  anyone else signed I'm missing?

OL: Beachum, KO, (Center?), Winters, Shell

RB: Crowell, McGuire

So, AFAICT, we *have* to sign a CB2, and at least 1 or 2 DL?? 

4 minutes ago, KRL said:

Bingo!!!  Simple subtraction of the players salary from the cap doesn't work

I'm trying to make reasonable guesses - but yeah, as I said in the title, there are guesses.

I still think it's more interesting to read than an IncarceratedBob tweet...  :-)

10 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

Unless you know the structure of the deals you're just throwing darts.

Sometimes when you are playing darts, you throw darts. This isn't a league night, so until the professional dart players come in don't mind us we will just be here, throwing darts.

4 minutes ago, KINGDIRK said:

Respectively disagree but I can see your point on Bell.

But Mosley- pass. That’s Macc in self preservation mode. A smart GM passes on paying $16m to an inside LB. 

And I’ve been happy with Macc thus far but no reason for Mosley at that cost. 

Im not gonna be upset if they sign Bell obviously but it is very risky despite his talent because of last year and im afraid after shelling out a monster deal he pulls a "Trumain Johnson" lol

6 minutes ago, thshadow said:

One thing to keep in mind - do we actually have 22 starters signed?

Like, we don't really have anyone we'd expect to be CB2

For LBs, we have: Barr, Lee (he's still here), Williamson, and Jordan Jenkins I guess?

DL: Leonard Williams, and ...  Nathan Shepherd?  anyone else signed I'm missing?

OL: Beachum, KO, (Center?), Winters, Shell

RB: Crowell, McGuire

So, AFAICT, we *have* to sign a CB2, and at least 1 or 2 DL?? 

Exactly.  Thats why if we can only sign one more big name it needs to be Paradis then use the cap to fill the other holes 

Just now, Jets723 said:

Im not gonna be upset if they sign Bell obviously but it is very risky despite his talent because of last year and im afraid after shelling out a monster deal he pulls a "Trumain Johnson" lol

Does it help that other Jet fans aren't concerned?

I mean, I'd like to think I would have done the same thing as Bell.  Nothing wrong at all about a player looking out for his future.  Especially a RB who gets used and hit so often.

He needed to sign a long term deal to secure his future.  Why risk playing on a one year deal when one hit could ruin your career?

Dude was smart.

6 minutes ago, Jets723 said:

Exactly.  Thats why if we can only sign one more big name it needs to be Paradis then use the cap to fill the other holes 

The cap is such a fluid thing and can be manipulated a ton. What they're doing is putting a 3-4 year plan together to win a championship before Darnold gets his 2nd deal. It's very smart.

3 minutes ago, Mike135 said:

Does it help that other Jet fans aren't concerned?

I mean, I'd like to think I would have done the same thing as Bell.  Nothing wrong at all about a player looking out for his future.  Especially a RB who gets used and hit so often.

He needed to sign a long term deal to secure his future.  Why risk playing on a one year deal when one hit could ruin your career?

Dude was smart.

I don't see how he can recoup that 14 million he gave up last year.  I guess you never know, he could have had a career ending injury and never got to the guaranteed money he'll get this year, but it was more likely he still would have been paid this year and had 14 more million in the bank.

2 minutes ago, choon328 said:

The cap is such a fluid thing and can be manipulated a ton. What they're doing is putting a 3-4 year plan together to win a championship before Darnold gets his 2nd deal. It's very smart.

I understand that 

Archived