MLB CJ Mosely To the Jets

Team archer

Mosley and Barr are both GRIEVOUS overpays, but they’re both mean psycho LBs that, with Avery Williamson, are going to beat the living sh*t out of people. It gets weak bitch Darron Lee out of here and locks us into a 3-4 front, which is where Leonard Williams should be playing anyway. 

The other thing this should do is put pressure on Macc to trade the #3 pick. You can’t dump this many resources into your front seven with a rookie QB, and adding Quinnen Williams to play in the 3-4 or putting Josh Allen opposite Barr is excessive. They need to dump out of 3 and use the first on the OL or WR. Come back with one of the threes and get an OLB there, but Jordan Jenkins is fine otherwise. 

• Replies 316
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

Have to wonder how this may impact what they do in the draft.  Adding Q really transforms the D but darnold needs the help more.  

Drafting Q would make this D just a CB away from being sick. a plague upon the League. Vaccinations will be mandatory.

Now hoping Paradis and Bell are coming soon.  Just get it done!

Just now, KINGDIRK said:

I don’t see it as complaining - just bc I don’t agree with paying an inside lb who isn’t a great cover guy 17m. 

I’d have allocated that money to Morse/Paradis instead. Or even Bell. 

Do I have to celebrate every move Macc makes this off-season? I hope it turns out to be a great move but to me this reeks of a GM who is in self preservation mode. 

IT had to be an overpay for him to get him away from B'more

2 minutes ago, choon328 said:

I think Leo's time is over here as well. That frees up another $14 million this year. 

I disagree. It's clear they're sticking with the 34. Leo is needed as one of the DE's. I think he'll flourish with all this talent around him especially.  

9 minutes ago, KINGDIRK said:

I don’t see it as complaining - just bc I don’t agree with paying an inside lb who isn’t a great cover guy 17m. 

I’d have allocated that money to Morse/Paradis instead. Or even Bell. 

Do I have to celebrate every move Macc makes this off-season? I hope it turns out to be a great move but to me this reeks of a GM who is in self preservation mode. 

Who said there out on Paradis or Bell? How bout you let things Play out . So far Macc has done a job . 

And Mosley no where near the coverage liability your trying to make him out to be . He has been a 3 down linebacker his whole career. 

3 minutes ago, choon328 said:

Lol, I was talking about the guy you were responding to. But thanks for that haha

Sorry. I'm a little flustered. We are killing it in free agency, and some people just have to complain. We need to get Paradis, though. That would be a disapointment. Sorry.

3 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

They have enough to sign Paradis or Bell. I dont think they have enough for both. And if they miss out on either they have backup plans for each

I’d actually rather have Bell if that’s the case

I think Paradis is still hurt and that’s scaring teams away

5 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Mosley and Barr are both GRIEVOUS overpays, but they’re both mean psycho LBs that, with Avery Williamson, are going to beat the living sh*t out of people. It gets weak bitch Darron Lee out of here and locks us into a 3-4 front, which is where Leonard Williams should be playing anyway. 

The other thing this should do is put pressure on Macc to trade the #3 pick. You can’t dump this many resources into your front seven with a rookie QB, and adding Quinnen Williams to play in the 3-4 or putting Josh Allen opposite Barr is excessive. They need to dump out of 3 and use the first on the OL or WR. Come back with one of the threes and get an OLB there, but Jordan Jenkins is fine otherwise. 

Have to wonder what conversations they’ve had about moving back.  Investing in Q at this point is no different than what Rex and bowles were doing.

1 minute ago, genot said:

Sorry. I'm a little flustered. We are killing it in free agency, and some people just have to complain. We need to get Paradis, though. That would be a disapointment. Sorry.

It's all good

21 minutes ago, genot said:

You made a ridiculous statement about paying big money for a non premium position MLB is a key position when in a 4-3 defense. Lee has nothing to do with that signing. Nothing. Bashing Mac, without any thought behind it is what i have a problem with

Prove to me they’re switching to the 4-3. 

6 minutes ago, GreenReaper said:

Drafting Q would make this D just a CB away from being sick. a plague upon the League. Vaccinations will be mandatory.

Now hoping Paradis and Bell are coming soon.  Just get it done!

We’d still have 0 pass rush

But the jets will be the top rushing defense in the nfl tho

7 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Yeah I was thinking about the draft implications as well.  Move back and target an OT or take the big swing on Metcalf would be my guess.  

35 minutes ago, Ghost said:

That’s what Gase said which surprised me. I’m sure we’ll be in nickle a good majority of the time like the Browns were. 

What is our nickel group st the moment?  Are we moving Mosley to the mike and leaving Lee in the field because neither Williamson nor Mosley is good in coverage.  

We also don’t have a center yet.  

I was thrilled with Barr, Crowdee and Osmele. This I’m not sue sure 

43 minutes ago, Team archer said:

Macc is not ******* playing around

You better believe it.

I called it.  I said Maccagnan would totally come out guns blazing to save his job, saving and or protecting his job has been his MO from Day 1, but I never envisioned he'd bring a flame thrower with him too haha...and that is what he has done.

If they draft that Pass Rusher Allen at 3 and he pans out...Jeez...this D is going to be sick, can you imagine the way Adams will be able to freelance also?

Not to mention they have this lunatic setting the schemes and tempo...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FQtJW6PvkFg

But enough with the D, although I have to admit it has been lots of fun, back to getting Sammy more toys please.

4 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

Have to wonder what conversations they’ve had about moving back.  Investing in Q at this point is no different than what Rex and bowles were doing.

No doubt. They’re setting themselves up to leave the offensive side of the ball in rough shape for the foreseeable future like Seattle did with Russell Wilson. That’s a tough way to do business

4 minutes ago, BCJet said:

What is our nickel group st the moment?  Are we moving Mosley to the mike and leaving Lee in the field because neither Williamson nor Mosley is good in coverage.  

I think Barr stays on the field in nickel at ILB.  We still don’t have a nickel cb the only one on the roster is Perry Nickerson who I thought showed potential last year and cannot be as bad as Skrine it’s almost impossible 

1 minute ago, JoeWillieWhiteShoesHOF said:

You better believe it.

I called it.  I said Maccagnan would totally come out guns blazing to save his job, saving and or protecting his job has been his MO from Day 1, but I never envisioned he'd bring a flame thrower with him too haha...and that is what he has done.

If they draft that Pass Rusher Allen at 3 and he pans out...Jeez...this D is going to be sick, can you imagine the way Adams will be able to freelance also?

Not to mention they have this lunatic setting the schemes and tempo...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FQtJW6PvkFg

But enough with the D, although I have to admit it has been lots of fun, back to getting Sammy more toys please.

My thoughts exactly, I’m happy with the moves, but they have been very heavy for the D. I’m a little surprised with that considering Gase is the head coach. I would expect this off season form Rex or Bowles. 

Getting sam weapons should be the key, protecting him as well. Crowder is good and all, but will he be much different than a 2017 kearse? Offense still needs work... hopefully today brings us a toy or 2

1 minute ago, BCJet said:

We definitely need that center. Honestly I’m not crazy about this either. Mosley is not great in coverage. 

We still need a replacement for Claiborne and Skrine. 

He's a good player, no doubt about it. They definitely overpaid for him though. He wasn't a necessity, especially after they added Barr on the outside. Mosley and Williamson will be a real nice tandem at ILB but they have a lot of money tied into that position.

It's hard to complain though because the Jets have been a team that lacks talent, they've gotten a lot better since legal tampering started. 

2 minutes ago, usanyj said:

My thoughts exactly, I’m happy with the moves, but they have been very heavy for the D. I’m a little surprised with that considering Gase is the head coach. I would expect this off season form Rex or Bowles. 

Getting sam weapons should be the key, protecting him as well. Crowder is good and all, but will he be much different than a 2017 kearse? Offense still needs work... hopefully today brings us a toy or 2

They did sign Crowder and traded for Osemele.  

Archived