MLB CJ Mosely To the Jets

Team archer

• Replies 316
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

No doubt. They’re setting themselves up to leave the offensive side of the ball in rough shape for the foreseeable future like Seattle did with Russell Wilson. That’s a tough way to do business

There are no offensive guys worth giving big money to in FA.  I think the plan is to use the draft to bring in some offensive talent.

Just now, Joe W. Namath said:

There are no offensive guys worth giving big money to in FA.  I think the plan is to use the draft to bring in some offensive talent.

The draft is defense heavy and the jets don’t have a lot of picks. Plus, the way Macc drafts we shouldn’t count on anything really. 

4 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

The WR market is pretty horrible.  Crowder was one of the better WRs available and filled a need

Osemele fills a need too.  I’m a big believer in planet theory with offensive lineman especially at Guard

And it’s only a matter of time before they sign Bell

14 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

They did sign Crowder and traded for Osemele.  

Right, but my argument is that he isn’t sooo much better than kearse was two years ago that it’s a major upgrade. Though an upgrade it is. Yes Osemele is a nice upgrade, but I would think more is needed on that side of the ball. Which is why I’m surprised the signings, big signings have been so heavy defensively... still guys out there.

6 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

They did sign Crowder and traded for Osemele.  

Not enough....I want that Oline locked down tight....no more "less than JAG's".

Once the Oline is solid you can pull guys off the end of any bar put them at WR and Sammy is still a lock for 30+ points a game.  That's his pedigree from Little League all the way through SC and when the "light came on" for him the last quarter of the year after coming back from injury, and he practically did it all by himself.  And now I wait for the "well all these guys are great before they get to the very top level", which is true, but they all don't have that "IT FACTOR", and anyone who has watched enough football knows Darnold has it.

Get him some help and Darnold's results will run "true to form" like a Champion Race Horse's does.

It's just in Darnold's DNA to be a champion.

Just now, usanyj said:

Right, but my argument is that he isn’t sooo much better than kearse was two years ago that it’s a major upgrade. Though an upgrade it is. Yes Osemele is a nice upgrade, but I would think more is needed on that side of the ball. Which is why I’m surprised the signings, big signings have been so heavy defensively... still guys out there.

He’s way better than Kearse was last season

What the hell did I wake up to? Exciting FA. Personally, I don’t mind spending like crazy. We can’t worry about the money until it’s an issue. Just get s good team together and help Sam. That’s a ton of money for an ILB but we aren’t in a situation where we can follow the “ideal” team building formula.

We need to just make up for misses and sign as much quality talent as possible just to move the needle and get back on track. I’d skip Bell though with all this spending and stick to more o-line. Finally starting to look like a team and at this point I don’t really care how we do it. 

1 minute ago, JoeWillieWhiteShoesHOF said:

Not enough....I want that Oline locked down tight....no more "less than JAG's".

Once the Oline is solid you can pull guys off the end of any bar put them at WR and Sammy is still a lock for 30+ points a game.  That's his pedigree from Little League all the way through SC and when the "light came on" for him the last quarter of the year after coming back from injury, and he practically did it all by himself.  And now I wait for the "well all these guys are great before they get to the very top level", which is true, but they all don't have that "IT FACTOR", and anyone who has watched enough football knows Darnold has it.

Get him some help and Darnold's results will run "true to form" like a Champion Race Horse's does.

It's just in Darnold's DNA to be a champion.

I think they’re done with OL unless Paradis brings his number down.  Dude is injured and asking for the biggest contract for a Center ever

52 minutes ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

Questioning the moves of a GM who has won 13 games the past three years is trolling? Sorry. Not going anywhere. Someone here has to see the bigger picture. This is desperaration at its ugliest. You don’t like my opinions? There’s a block function. 

When you draft terrible this is the only thing you can do to field a competitive team. Let’s hope that we draft well this year and continue to draft well. If we do, then we should have some young guys to step up when it’s time to pay Sam. I love Mosley but yes, that’s a lot of scratch for a middle linebacker. 

33 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

The other thing this should do is put pressure on Macc to trade the #3 pick. You can’t dump this many resources into your front seven with a rookie QB, and adding Quinnen Williams to play in the 3-4 or putting Josh Allen opposite Barr is excessive. They need to dump out of 3 and use the first on the OL or WR. Come back with one of the threes and get an OLB there, but Jordan Jenkins is fine otherwise. 

I don’t think this puts pressure on him to trade the #3 pick, I think that’s the plan behind these big defensive signings. It’s puts him in position to be able to trade down even if Bosa is sitting there. 

I think if they can get a day 2 pick for Lee, they’ll take that, too. 

35 minutes ago, GreenReaper said:

Drafting Q would make this D just a CB away from being sick. a plague upon the League. Vaccinations will be mandatory.

Now hoping Paradis and Bell are coming soon.  Just get it done!

Yes it's that time of the year where we Jet fans dream that "this is the year we'll have a dominating defense".  The Patriots will still put 30+ up on us though.  We need offense (OL first).

1 minute ago, Philc1 said:

I think they’re done with OL unless Paradis brings his number down.  Dude is injured and asking for the biggest contract for a Center ever

I think you're right.

F*ck it, trade out of 3 and draft Jonah Williams from Alabama and plant him on the Oline for the next 10 years.  The more milliseconds you give Darnold, the more clear throwing lanes...the more he tears up the league.

I think arguing about $$$ is a moot point. There’s a price you pay trying to significantly improve your team in free agency. The fact of the matter is that the team has gotten immensely better over the last 2-3 days. We have a QB we’re grooming on a rookie contract. We’ll be fine $$$ wise. And I agree Mosley will be one of the tone setting leaders on D. We got another dawg!! 

I knew Mac would spend as the pressure is on to keep his job but damn talk about bringing a bazooka to a gun fight! 

16 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

We’d still have 0 pass rush

But the jets will be the top rushing defense in the nfl tho

Barr was a pass rushing terror in college. Gregg Williams believes he can rekindle those skills. Also Henry Anderson and his 7 sacks is still someone they want to resign. So we'll see what happens.

And yea...Q may no longer may be a target in the draft. Same with Allen.

A trade down would bring extra chips for OL-WR-TE-Etc.

Right now...I'm hoping for Paradis and Bell signings.

People don't realize you can structure these contracts in such a way that it minimizes the dollar impact on the front end...like year one. So you can sign more then it looks like is possible. 

3 minutes ago, GreenReaper said:

People don't realize you can structure these contracts in such a way that it minimizes the dollar impact on the front end...like year one. So you can sign more then it looks like is possible. 

This. I’m curious how all the deals are structured with signing bonuses etc...

6 minutes ago, slats said:

I don’t think this puts pressure on him to trade the #3 pick, I think that’s the plan behind these big defensive signings. It’s puts him in position to be able to trade down even if Bosa is sitting there. 

I think if they can get a day 2 pick for Lee, they’ll take that, too. 

The alternative to not trading the pick is to either draft a DL or “reach” for one of the OL? It’s fine if they just like whichever OT and take him at 3, but that’d be a lost opportunity, imo. They’re going to be desperate for cheap labor in the form of draft picks soon, so they’ve gotta turn #3 into three (or more) draft picks this year.

7 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

When you draft terrible this is the only thing you can do to field a competitive team. Let’s hope that we draft well this year and continue to draft well. If we do, then we should have some young guys to step up when it’s time to pay Sam. I love Mosley but yes, that’s a lot of scratch for a middle linebacker. 

You'll have Mosely screaming, directing traffic up front and Adams on the back end, Gregg Williams scheming all kinds of exotic sh*t.....going to be a vicious D.

2 hours ago, GreenFish said:

The contract seems reckless to me. We are going all in like the Rams last year. These next 3 years are going to be something else.

When you draft poorly this is your only alternative for putting a respectable product on the field.

37 minutes ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

Prove to me they’re switching to the 4-3. 

They were after Flowers. The only position he's suited for is DE, in a 4-3. They'll play 3-4. but they'll play alot of 4-3. If they were playing in a 3-4 most of the time, you'd be right about Mosley being grossly overpaid. I don't think they would spend on him like that, unless they were going to play alot of 4-3 defense's

Archived