MLB CJ Mosely To the Jets

Team archer

33 minutes ago, ScarletKnight89 said:

He's a good player, no doubt about it. They definitely overpaid for him though. He wasn't a necessity, especially after they added Barr on the outside. Mosley and Williamson will be a real nice tandem at ILB but they have a lot of money tied into that position.

It's hard to complain though because the Jets have been a team that lacks talent, they've gotten a lot better since legal tampering started. 

they might move Williamson.  And Lee

• Replies 316
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, JoeWillieWhiteShoesHOF said:

You'll have Mosely screaming, directing traffic up front and Adams on the back end, Gregg Williams scheming all kinds of exotic sh*t.....going to be a vicious D.

Trust me I love this move. It’s still a ton of money. Going forward we must learn to draft these types ourselves. Until then “ Unleash the Crackens!” Looking forward to it brother. 

Jets are finally getting good football players from the 2014 draft - Thanks Idzik - the next player drafted after CJ was Calvin Pryor -booo

Good get for Williams, who might get his shot at HC after this season

F the money - we might actually be able to watch football on Sundays

PSL's will be going up too

7 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Yes it's that time of the year where we Jet fans dream that "this is the year we'll have a dominating defense".  The Patriots will still put 30+ up on us though.  We need offense (OL first).

Maybe Jets D can hold Pats to 27?

I think Jets are almost done with D in FA...maybe a CB signing to end it.

Jets will focus on Paradis and Bell. They got to get them. Then Jets may hope to get a trade down in the draft and pick up some more chips to hopefully focus on offense. Especially OL and WR.

Just now, The Crusher said:

Trust me I love this move. It’s still a ton of money. Going forward we must learn to draft these types ourselves. Until then “ Unleash the Crackens!” Looking forward to it brother. 

I'll give you 100-1 that the Jets are playing "meaningful" football well into December, I could never say that with Bowles still as coach.....and as a fan that's really all you can ask for.  A lot of things have to go right for a team to win it all.  It also requires a certain degree of luck (but mostly skill of course), which there is no game plan for.

More than 30 teams go home empty handed every year, that's why I never get why the Jets get dinged and laughed at so much in the media..."been 50 years now since they won that Super Bowl".....well there are STILL MANY teams who have have NEVER won a single one...not a 1.

Very soon the Jets will be a team no one wants to play....and I'm loving it.

7 minutes ago, HawkeyeJet said:

What I despise about these kinds of tweets from ex-players is that they say “every marginal player should get paid/F the owners!” And then the season starts and they transition into “Man, why doesn’t Russell Wilson/Aaron Rodgers/Cam Newton have any help???” Perpetual victimhood. If they want to mope around and complain about player salaries, they should get after the player’s union and have them strike the cap. Don’t treat Antonio Brown like he’s Curt Flood, for God’s sake

1 minute ago, tdoublee said:

I've been thinking the same thing. What if it's Williamson that they really wanted to upgrade for some reason?

No way. He played really well last year and would be a force with Mosley. The only concern is coverage when both MLBs are lacking in that area. Barr can help make up for that if they stilll sparingly use him as a gadget guy but we still need a pure pass rusher whether a vet or rookie.

We also need 1 CB so our pass coverage is decent. I would argue that the corner is more important at the moment. 

39 minutes ago, usanyj said:

My thoughts exactly, I’m happy with the moves, but they have been very heavy for the D. I’m a little surprised with that considering Gase is the head coach. I would expect this off season form Rex or Bowles. 

Getting sam weapons should be the key, protecting him as well. Crowder is good and all, but will he be much different than a 2017 kearse? Offense still needs work... hopefully today brings us a toy or 2

But other than Bell and Paradis....what pro-bowl level offensive players were out there?  If you look at lists of the top 25 FA, the vast vast majority of them were on the defensive side.  It's why they traded for KO instead of sitting back and waiting for FA.

In the last few days, we've picked up a Pro-Bowl caliber Guard, LB and LB/Edge.  Sure there is some doubt that Barr can be the edge we want him to be because he was mis-used in Minny....but he undoubtedly has the talent level to do it.

As for Bell and Paradis.....for all we know, one of them may already be in agreement with the Jets. 

As someone noted in the Bell thread, Bell is going to do Bell, he's got an "album dropping" on Weds and likely wants to announce his new team on his terms. 

As for Paradis....with him coming off of injury, I wouldn't be surprised if both sides are waiting for Weds to allow him in the building and take a physical before leaking the signing.  They can't meet with him until Weds, by holding off on an announcement it saves face for both Paradis and the Jets if he's not 100%.

1 hour ago, Team archer said:

He unzipped his pants and slammed his dick on the table

Then with a twinkle in his eye he proceeded to guzzle a piping red hot 16 ounce coffee in 3 seconds then crushing the cup in his hand before throwing it in the trash can with one of those basketball hoops on it.

14 minutes ago, tdoublee said:

I've been thinking the same thing. What if it's Williamson that they really wanted to upgrade for some reason?

At this point, maybe you move whomever nets a better offer.  Certainly no need to keep them both.

the Jets model- be bad, accrue cap, overspend on non premium positions that hit FA because they’re non premium positions. Until the Jets start drafting well it will just be this perpetual cycle of maybe getting a WC and then falling back. 

Archived