MLB CJ Mosely To the Jets

Team archer

10 minutes ago, Pac said:

The back tracking and excuse making is fantastic...  as if it hasn't been common knowledge of what year 3 of the rebuild  would look like.

Welcome to the thunderdome bitches.

Droppin’ Tannen-Bombs on all the muthafukkahs in the buildin’, yo!

• Replies 316
  • Created
  • Last Reply
15 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

the Jets model- be bad, accrue cap, overspend on non premium positions that hit FA because they’re non premium positions. Until the Jets start drafting well it will just be this perpetual cycle of maybe getting a WC and then falling back. 

The fact that everyone here doesn’t see this after like the millionth cycle is astonishing.

Overspend towards mediocrity!

8 minutes ago, TeddEY said:

The fact that everyone here doesn’t see this after like the millionth cycle is astonishing.

Mosley is the one overspend so far.  Keep banging that drum.

We have the luxury currently of signing players to higher contracts, because Sam is on a rookie contract. This worked during the early Rex years. The failure was Mark never took the next step, or half step. These contracts can all come off right around the time Sam finishes his rookie deal. If he develops then we can start avoiding overpaying for players bc after forty years we’ve found the only position that truly matters. Sure, we need to draft better, much better, but we won’t need to overcompensate for not having a QB. 

2 hours ago, YankeeJet22 said:

Wow. This is a very physical set of LBers. Barr and Jenkins on the outside with Wiilliamson and Mosely inside. No one will run on us. 

And in a close game this is exactly how you get the ball back in you're QB's hands when teams try to run out the clock. I think Barr and Jenkins will be a formidable pass rushing duo especially if we land a guy like Bosa in the draft. This D would be top five easily

16 minutes ago, nycdan said:

So Josh Allen doesn't look like a fit here now.  QW or Jawaan Taylor?  Not sure what else we can do at 3.

Trade back if possible and invest in the oline/WRs. A defensive pick at 3 would be careless. Time to invest in the offense and protect Sam

We have the best LBer corps in the NFL suddenly. Imagine we draft Allen? 
When was the last we had that kind of firepower. Wild. 

Which will mean we win 7-9 games a year, make a WC game every 3-4 years and lose in the first round.

Still cant score points without weapons. Jets management still haven’t figured that out.
I thought maybe they started to learn, it’s clear they didn’t.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

24:25:31

21 minutes ago, TeddEY said:

So solidifying the Linebacking corp into possibly one of the better units in the NFL with Greg Williams as the DC will be mediocrity ?

16 minutes ago, BroadwayJoe12 said:

We have the luxury currently of signing players to higher contracts, because Sam is on a rookie contract. This worked during the early Rex years. The failure was Mark never took the next step, or half step. These contracts can all come off right around the time Sam finishes his rookie deal. If he develops then we can start avoiding overpaying for players bc after forty years we’ve found the only position that truly matters. Sure, we need to draft better, much better, but we won’t need to overcompensate for not having a QB. 

I’m not sure that having the ability to tear down the roster to pay Darnold is all that cool either

Which will mean we win 7-9 games a year, make a WC game every 3-4 years and lose in the first round.

Still cant score points without weapons. Jets management still haven’t figured that out.

Dude .. let us see what happens in the draft.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

5 minutes ago, Dunnie said:

Dude .. 4 pro bowls. ... Please STFU emoji23.png ... Because he is not Ray Lewis he's an overspend ??? Child please.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

I think you quoted the wrong guy.  My name isnt Carl.

7 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

What great offensive player did we miss out on at this point in time? Devin Funchess?

7 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

Chill. Le’Veon Bell is next.

5 minutes ago, Smashmouth said:

So solidifying the Linebacking corp into possibly one of the better units in the NFL with Greg Williams as the DC will be mediocrity ?

Greg Williams defenses have been the definition of mediocre the last ten seasons. The secondary is still a mess and the line leaves much to be desired. Oh and the offense still has no one you have to gameplan for. The team is improved but that’s because it was pretty much bottom of the barrel talent wise in the league the last few years. It’d be hard not to improve.  

11 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

I’m not sure that having the ability to tear down the roster to pay Darnold is all that cool either

Not what I meant, if that’s how it sounded. Moreso that hopefully we no longer will have to compensate for lacking a starting quality QB by overpaying the players the elite franchises don’t resign. 

53 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

the Jets model- be bad, accrue cap, overspend on non premium positions that hit FA because they’re non premium positions. Until the Jets start drafting well it will just be this perpetual cycle of maybe getting a WC and then falling back. 

On the other hand, Maccagnan can’t draft, he’s going to get fired after the season, Greg Williams lasts, maybe, 18 months here before the Redskins hire him, and Barr and Mosley possibly ******* up a Patriots season chasing a bounty could be amusing in the short term. YOLO. Lots to like. 

2 minutes ago, BroadwayJoe12 said:

Not what I meant, if that’s how it sounded. Moreso that hopefully we no longer will have to compensate for lacking a starting quality QB by overpaying the players the elite franchises don’t resign. 

No, we’re totally going to have to do that anyway. Just while paying Darnold at the same time.

Archived