Paradis on TV and explains what he wants

Patriot Killa

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, RVAJet815 said:

Wait, so the Broncos are a winner now? I'd submit the Jets are farther down the road than the broncos right now. And before you buttfumble...who's the QB there? 

I think he was expecting to be coveted by multiple teams. Instead it was just the Jets. So he is bringing in his old team to help boost his demand/salary. 

2 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

Should be cleared some time in June

Just now, RVAJet815 said:

Wait, so the Broncos are a winner now? I'd submit the Jets are farther down the road than the broncos right now. And before you buttfumble...who's the QB there? 

Obviously we are the better team. Robby is still catching long TD's on them. lol 

Seriously though, there should be no doubt that the JETS have more upside if for no other reason that Darnold looked like the game started to slow down for him the last couple weeks.

2 minutes ago, RVAJet815 said:

Like the Talking Heads sang...."same as it always was"      Elway!

Push comes to shove, the Broncos STILL don't have the money the jets have. They just have too many big contracts and lots of guys to pay. Either he takes a hometown discount...and a hefty one...or someone else swoops in. Otherwise, the jets are in the catbird seat here.

Translation: 1) He wants to be paid for what he's done for Denver, not what he's going to do with new team.

2) Even though the Jets are the highest bidder he doesn't want to move to NJ.

Wanted Paradis, but I think it's time for the Jets to move on.  After seeing how much it took the Bills to get Morse to move to Buffalo, can't imagine what it'll  take to get Paradis here.  Seems like he really wants to go back to Denver, pointing out to them that they owe him

He may have been surprised when the Bill jilted him for Morse.  That probably enabled the Jets to stop being as aggressive on money, so he needed to bring DEN back in to re-create the urgency.  I still think it's the Jets but he may drag it out for a few more hours to try to get them to budge up.  I also think this is when Macc starts getting serious about whoever his Plan B is.  Not just as a smoke-screen, but ultimately to just get a competent Center signed and move on.  I'd love Paradis to join, but we can't let him hold us up so long that all other options are gone.

2 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

Lol his leg will be fine...broken legs and especially clean breaks don’t have long term career altering effects.

To be exact he had a fractured fibula along with some torn ligaments.  Common, i'm sure so should be ok in that regards.

9 minutes ago, RVAJet815 said:

those were my first thoughts too.  i don't think the broncos are going to be winners.  and with flacco as qb he's going to have his work cut out for himself.

3 minutes ago, nycdan said:

He may have been surprised when the Bill jilted him for Morse.  That probably enabled the Jets to stop being as aggressive on money, so he needed to bring DEN back in to re-create the urgency.  I still think it's the Jets but he may drag it out for a few more hours to try to get them to budge up.  I also think this is when Macc starts getting serious about whoever his Plan B is.  Not just as a smoke-screen, but ultimately to just get a competent Center signed and move on.  I'd love Paradis to join, but we can't let him hold us up so long that all other options are gone.

Mac's play is probably "jump aboard or we're moving on". If the jets are out, his price falls thru the floor.

5 minutes ago, flgreen said:

Wanted Paradis, but I think it's time for the Jets to move on.  After seeing how much it took the Bills to get Morse to move to Buffalo, can't imagine what it'll  take to get Paradis here.  Seems like he really wants to go back to Denver, pointing out to them that they owe him

Well hold on a sec flgreen, let’s wait & see. C.J. wanted to return to BAL but we did what we had to do. 

Soemthing tells me it won’t take much more for us to land him. We need the guy. The FA’s left for Center are pitiful. After all these great defensive moves, I’d be heartbroken if we didn’t land the guy.

8 minutes ago, flgreen said:

Translation: 1) He wants to be paid for what he's done for Denver, not what he's going to do with new team.

Agreed, but it's the biggest mistake a team makes in contract negotiations. You pay a guy for the future, not the past.

5 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

I'm convinced he's just trying to pry as much money out of the Jets as possible. We don't need to severely over pay this guy - he's not elite.

Agree. I would love to have Paradis @ center but if he thinks so highly of himself, then let him go elsewhere. Sign Wisniewski and draft center in the 3rd or 4th round.

11 minutes ago, flgreen said:

I still want him but you are 100% correct on this

12 minutes ago, Stark said:

Should be cleared some time in June

Obviously we are the better team. Robby is still catching long TD's on them. lol 

Seriously though, there should be no doubt that the JETS have more upside if for no other reason that Darnold looked like the game started to slow down for him the last couple weeks.

Take a lokk at the teams in both divisions.....

KC, Chargers and an Oakland team building for the future VS. Pats w/o Brady soon, Miami w/o QB and Buffalo w/o QB!

No brainer..... J. E. T. S.

Archived