Paradis on TV and explains what he wants

Patriot Killa

17 minutes ago, RVAJet815 said:

Push comes to shove, the Broncos STILL don't have the money the jets have. They just have too many big contracts and lots of guys to pay. Either he takes a hometown discount...and a hefty one...or someone else swoops in. Otherwise, the jets are in the catbird seat here.

they also are signing the right tackle from Miami along with an older cb so the question is how much money do the Broncos have? I the jets are around 40 to 45 million they can afford to sign him Anderson and bell, leaving cb, dl and tackle to look at during the draft

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

Well hold on a sec flgreen, let’s wait & see. C.J. wanted to return to BAL but we did what we had to do. 

Soemthing tells me it won’t take much more for us to land him. We need the guy. The FA’s left for Center are pitiful. After all these great defensive moves, I’d be heartbroken if we didn’t land the guy.

I honestly think what Macc has done so far is great, and the Jets are a much better team today then they were Yesterday.  Kudos

There is a limit to what a team should pay for a C, or anyone else for that matter.  Biggest mistake teams make in FA is paying players for what they have done for their old team, particularly when said player is begging old team to at least get close to his current offer.  

I want Paradis, but he's not a 12+ sack ER.  Leave the offer on the table a few more hours, then go spend the $13+M on another player on the O side of the ball. 

Just my opinion 

25 minutes ago, flgreen said:

Translation: 1) He wants to be paid for what he's done for Denver, not what he's going to do with new team.

2) Even though the Jets are the highest bidder he doesn't want to move to NJ.

Wanted Paradis, but I think it's time for the Jets to move on.  After seeing how much it took the Bills to get Morse to move to Buffalo, can't imagine what it'll  take to get Paradis here.  Seems like he really wants to go back to Denver, pointing out to them that they owe him

Exactly what it means. For him and Bell. Jets are probably top bidder for both but both guys are putting it out there begging for different team to be a higher bidder. They would've signed already if they were coming here. 

2 minutes ago, flgreen said:

I honestly think what Macc has done so far is great, and the Jets are a much better team today then they were Yesterday.  Kudos

There is a limit to what a team should pay for a C, or anyone else for that matter.  Biggest mistake teams make in FA is paying players for what they have done for their old team, particularly when said player is begging old team to at least get close to his current offer.  

I want Paradis, but he's not a 12+ sack ER.  Leave the offer on the table a few more hours, then go spend the $13+M on another player on the O side of the ball. 

Just my opinion 

You're OK with spending a bunch of money on ILB's but when it comes to C you think it's a mistake to spend big? The guy was rated #2 by PFF. He's not a JAG. 

Doesn't sound like he's coming to the Jets if there's any truth to what he's saying.  We all know we're not a winning team yet.  His dilemma is what winning team can make him the highest paid center in the league?  I don't think we have any viable options now besides the draft.  Everyone that's available is not even close to being on the same level.

Doesn't sound like he's coming to the Jets if there's any truth to what he's saying.  We all know we're not a winning team yet.  His dilemma is what winning team can make him the highest paid center in the league?  I don't think we have any viable options now besides the draft.  Everyone that's available is not even close to being on the same level.
Typically a winning team does not have a major need at center

Sent from my LGUS991 using JetNation.com mobile app

10 minutes ago, MDL_JET said:

Exactly what it means. For him and Bell. Jets are probably top bidder for both but both guys are putting it out there begging for different team to be a higher bidder. They would've signed already if they were coming here. 

This is exactly right. 

Neither one of these guys are coming to the Jets - they were the Jets top target and we couldn't get it done.  

I do question though - what if we don't give a MLB $17mm a year - and offer $3mm or $4mm more to each of these guys. Do they come then? Are we a better team if we took that approach?

12 minutes ago, MDL_JET said:

You're OK with spending a bunch of money on ILB's but when it comes to C you think it's a mistake to spend big? The guy was rated #2 by PFF. He's not a JAG. 

I missed the part where I said he was a JAG

At this point it's clear the Jets are the highest bidder.  Anything else is bidding against yourself.  That's stupid.

If the Jets should have learned anything last year in the Cousins sweepstakes, it's that some players are willing to leave money on the table to live where they want to live.  As it turned out losing Cousins was the best thing that has happened to the Jets in a very long time. 

Guy doesn't want to play here, move on

2 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

This is exactly right. 

Neither one of these guys are coming to the Jets - they were the Jets top target and we couldn't get it done.  

I do question though - what if we don't give a MLB $17mm a year - and offer $3mm or $4mm more to each of these guys. Do they come then? Are we a better team if we took that approach?

Maybe but the point is they don't want to play here. They clearly prefer to go elsewhere regardless of all the money being thrown at them.

1 minute ago, MDL_JET said:

Maybe but the point is they don't want to play here. They clearly prefer to go elsewhere regardless of all the money being thrown at them.

Agreed, but at some point you have to wonder why that is?

Maybe it's because we have a dysfunctional organization.  sh-tty GM and sh-tty HC (on vastly different contracts) DC forced on the HC and a meddlesome owner.

My guess, and it's only a guess...Had the Jets hired McCarthy and allowed him to pick his DC, Bell and Paradis were Jets yesterday.

Just now, FidelioJet said:

Maybe it's because we have a dysfunctional organization.  sh-tty GM and sh-tty HC (on vastly different contracts) DC forced on the HC and a meddlesome owner.

My guess, and it's only a guess...Had the Jets hired McCarthy and allowed him to pick his DC, Bell and Paradis were Jets yesterday.

Because Jets aren't winners. And haven't been for a while. Until things change around and Darnold shows he's legit and we actually win games...that's how the Jets will be viewed. 

2 hours ago, flgreen said:

Just my opinion 

It's interesting. I stayed awake on JN WAAAAY to late last night and my main desire was to see Paradis sign. When the Denver stuff started It bothered me. I woke up today with a totally different mindset. I'd still like him, but you are so right.  There is a limit to what a center can demand and we just should not blow that out of the water. We can and should go a bit higher to ensure we are the highest bidder, but He clearly doesn't want to play here if he can avoid it.  It's one thing if we are in a legit bidding war. It's another entirely to have to make it so sweet as to force someone to come who doesn't want to play here.

I'm ok with the money and all that, but I want guys who want to be here.  It's still so so early in all of this so we could be blowing out of proportion,  but if he doesn't want to come just draft one in the 3rd and let Harrison man the ship for a while. Or go with tier two guys for a bit.  

F*ck anyone who doesn't want to come here. 

It's probably about the guaranteed money. This is his last big contract and he wants the most he can get. You can't blame him for that. That being said I understand the reservations of give a 30 year old coming off a serious injury a ton of guaranteed money passed year 2 of a deal.

7 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

LOL  Here we go again. 1st day of potential FA and we have a new OG, WR, ILB, LB/Edge, ST gunner and have been in the mix for the top center and RB(who I don't really want).  It's not all going to happen the way we want.  

Listen, I was one of the loudest McCarthy guys on here, but him coming here guarantees nothing. It's all conjecture.  We are still the Jets. We have a long history of sucking balls. That's not going away any time soon. When Rex did well in 2009 we had that attraction to play here for a min. Other than that it's been since Parcells really.  It's going to take time.  Jumping back into the mindset of shoulda woulda coulda just isn't fun. Let's see how day 2 pans out. 

Oh, and why would anyone be surprised by Bell being the way he's being right now?  This is the issue with him in the first place. I'd be ok with letting him sit out there and watching as the second tier guys come off of the board. 

25 minutes ago, rayzor said:

He won one in 2015

They won when they had Peyton Manning. And, Peyton Manning was coached by Adam Gase. Hello Matt! Wake up. That isn’t your daddy’s Denver Broncos anymore.  If your preference is to go block for Joe Flacco then I’m glad you’re not coming to the Jets. You’re not as smart as I thought you were. 

36 minutes ago, MDL_JET said:

Or, they don't feel strongly enough in themselves that they can be part of the solution.

9 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

Yet we blew them out.

He's talking overall.  We did beat them last year but they beat us more badly the previous year. Like i mentioned, i don't think we can consider ourselves a winning team yet.

4 minutes ago, BigRy56 said:

Well if Paradis is comparing franchises, the Jets are the muuuuuch better in comparison to the Broncos in terms of winning potential. They're not good and have no QB.

Also, it's not like we're talking Mike Webster, Dwight Stephenson or Kevin Mawae here.

28 minutes ago, rayzor said:

He's talking overall.  We did beat them last year but they beat us more badly the previous year. Like i mentioned, i don't think we can consider ourselves a winning team yet.

I think you are underestimating how much of a sh*t fest that the Broncos are. 

Yes, we are bad. Very bad. But the Broncos are old for the most part. The only promising prices on O is Phillip Lindsey and Courtland Sutton. On D? Jesus, it’s a retirement home. Flacco at 35 or Sam Darnold?

Chris Herndon or uh...who plays TE for them?

Our new Defense or a 70 year old Chris Harris JR.

1 minute ago, Patriot Killa said:

I think you are underestimating how much of a sh*t fest that the Broncos are. 

Yes, we are bad. Very bad. But the Broncos are old for the most part. The only promising prices on O is Phillip Lindsey and Courtland Sutton. On D? Jesus, it’s a retirement home.

Worst place to be in any sport is bad and old. Broncos are there, Jets are bad and young.

None of this bothers me in the least.  You can't win them all.  We won a lot of them in the last couple of days, for a change.  If he does not want to come here, who cares. New York is not for everybody.  Can't force him.  Go get Wisnewski, we have Harrison and draft a Center/Guard prospect in the 3rd round, or higher if we trade down.  It's not the end of the world.  We did a lot of good work here. Move on.  He's not Mawae, or Mangold.  Didn't see the fire I expected, kind of a doofus.  Next.

Archived