Barr Stays with Vikings

southtown24th

4 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

He took less money to stay in Minnesota. Nothing Maccagnan can do about that

What if he built an organization good enough that we wouldn’t have to overpay to attract free agents? Or one good enough that we wouldn’t have to chase free agents in the first place? Just spitballing here

• Replies 385
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, CTM said:

Right. I do think Barr couldve been an effective rusher here though 

It’s certainly very possible. And he’s at least a good football player in general. But this is just the crap spot we’re in. The numbers they were tossing out for Barr were basically the very next tier of ends beyond the top five so just to be neutral ev we would have needed him to be elite in a role he hasn’t actually had professionally before.

And that was the marquee signing. There’s 20M AAV out the door to plaster holes with Crowder and Osemele. I don’t know what Mosley adds beyond getting by with what we have but it can’t be worth whatever we’re paying. All we need now is for Bell to run the old sign and quit on us and it’s another textbook Jetsy offseason in the books with bonus draft fails still forthcoming.

F barr his lost some people are not made for NY. Him Cousins, winfield. Look the players have a right to choose but in the next union contract watch them change this process to get some protection for the team spending the money so the the team making the offer is not used to drive up the price astronomically or as leverage by the agent. 

Coin we'll spend.....where, now, exactly?
Center, sure.  But EDGE was a need.  Those options have dried up outside of an aging Justin Houston. 
Le'Veon?  Ugh.....

It’s called the draft, and signing our own guys who aren’t under contract not named Darnold & Adams

Not the end of the world. The Jets were used again.

5 minutes ago, kdels62 said:

Get Houston, trade for Mike Evans, sign Bell, trade back in the draft, trade away all draft picks for future draft picks. It’s the only way.

Mike Evans is not on the trade block and I don't think he ever was despite all the whispers to get Evans.  It would take a 1st rounder probably to get him.  And he's going to get extended in Tampa anyway.

7 minutes ago, Gastineau Lives said:

I now have a team I will actively root against that is not in our division. Fun!

LOL  I have the Vikings in the JN draft. I think I'll just pick a bunch of scrubs now. F them!!!  LOL 

Last year we "lost" out on Kirk Chokesins to the Vikings, and got Sam Darnold. 
This year we lost out on Anthony Barr to the Vikings, and get.....

Jets Josh Allen— who will sack the sh*t out of Bills Josh Allen

10 minutes ago, Jets723 said:

Biking fans should gloat. Last year they did the same with Cousins and it backfired with Cousins. While we drafted a young QB who looks like he is gonna be a bigtime player

Cousins:  4,298 Yards Passing (2nd best in career), 30 TD's (best in career), 10 INT's (best in career as a starter). 8 wins/1 Tie as starting QB.

Darnold:  2,865 Yards Passing, 17 TD, 15 INT.  A long way still from being Big Time. 4 wins as starting QB.

Only in a Jets fans mind would the Vikings (or anyone, frankly) prefer the maybe of the rookie over the actual of the elite starting QB.  I bet we have fans who think the Vikings would trade, today, Cousins for Darnold, lol.

As to the money side, I'd only care about that if A. I was paying for it, and B. WE (the Jets) had actually spent that money on someone else last year (we didn't).

12 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

He took less money to stay in Minnesota. Nothing Maccagnan can do about that

He could have used the last 4 years to improve the team and make it more appealing. He could’ve done that.

You guys keep saying "good, we'll have more money to sign....".  It's not about the money.  We have the money.  Players don't want to come here.

No surprise there we are a loser franchise with a long storied history of sucking. The culture needs to change before we are a prime destination for FAs. NYC being a selling point can only do so much

2 minutes ago, jetsons said:

How's that??? it is not the signing period... It Is Known that during this period there are No Guarantees. 

Thinking they had a deal on the table while other players at positions of need were getting deals with other teams limits the teams bargaining position. Its bad faith and possibly cost the Jets other options. 

3 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Cousins:  4,298 Yards Passing (2nd best in career), 30 TD's (best in career), 10 INT's (best in career as a starter). 8 wins/1 Tie as starting QB.

Darnold:  2,865 Yards Passing, 17 TD, 15 INT.  A long way still from being Big Time. 4 wins as starting QB.

Only in a Jets fans mind would the Vikings (or anyone, frankly) prefer the maybe of the rookie over the actual of the elite starting QB.  I bet we have fans who think the Vikings would trade, today, Cousins for Darnold, lol.

As to the money side, I'd only care about that if A. I was paying for it, and B. WE (the Jets) had actually spent that money on someone else last year (we didn't).

Well they had plenty of time to think about it while the “elite” teams played in the playoffs. 

Nothing worse than a guy who can't live up to his word...and he's supposed to be a stand up citizen.
**** him...I hope he blows his knee out walking back into the Vike's training facility.

Dick post. Wishing injury on someone for not signing is ridiculous

I mean I guess it worked for Kirk Cousins, might as well work for Barr... That sucks but it's Ok... He wasn't going to make or break the team... We're pretty much right back to where we were in needing a pass rusher, so nothing should really change strategy wise. 

Just now, Jet_Engine1 said:

Thinking they had a deal on the table while other players at positions of need were getting deals with other teams limits the teams bargaining position. Its bad faith and possibly cost the Jets other options. 

no it's not.. there is Nothing Legally Binding during this period... "bad faith" does not correlate... it can be a douchy move but nothing illegal in Any way.

Archived