Barr Stays with Vikings

southtown24th

• Replies 385
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, rayzor said:

You guys keep saying "good, we'll have more money to sign....".  It's not about the money.  We have the money.  Players don't want to come here.

He was there for 5 years if his life . If the money was close why not stay with what you know 

6 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Cousins:  4,298 Yards Passing (2nd best in career), 30 TD's (best in career), 10 INT's (best in career as a starter). 8 wins/1 Tie as starting QB.

Darnold:  2,865 Yards Passing, 17 TD, 15 INT.  A long way still from being Big Time. 4 wins as starting QB.

Only in a Jets fans mind would the Vikings (or anyone, frankly) prefer the maybe of the rookie over the actual of the elite starting QB.  I bet we have fans who think the Vikings would trade, today, Cousins for Darnold, lol.

As to the money side, I'd only care about that if A. I was paying for it, and B. WE (the Jets) had actually spent that money on someone else last year (we didn't).

This is stupid.  U cant compare a 30 year old veteran with a rookie qb who we all know needs time to develop.

Kirk Cousins is at his ceiling.  Darnold is just beginning.

4 minutes ago, DLJ said:

No surprise there we are a loser franchise with a long storied history of sucking. The culture needs to change before we are a prime destination for FAs. NYC being a selling point can only do so much

Vikings haven't won a sb ever (though they have been in a few).  f them and Barr

1 minute ago, DMan77 said:

I mean I guess it worked for Kirk Cousins, might as well work for Barr... That sucks but it's Ok... He wasn't going to make or break the team... We're pretty much right back to where we were in needing a pass rusher, so nothing should really change strategy wise. 

I don't think Cousins ever led on the Jets to think they had a deal in place.  Obviously Barr did just that.  This is a scum-bag move.  They had a deal in principle.  The Jets and Cousins never did.  Just an open offer from the Jets.  Very different.  Barr is a dick.

Have fun getting misused and lost in Zimmer's defense.  Just think, you could have played edge here....racked up all kind of sacks and made a killing as a premiere edge rusher when your next contract was up.....

good riddance.

7 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Cousins:  4,298 Yards Passing (2nd best in career), 30 TD's (best in career), 10 INT's (best in career as a starter). 8 wins/1 Tie as starting QB.

Darnold:  2,865 Yards Passing, 17 TD, 15 INT.  A long way still from being Big Time. 4 wins as starting QB.

Only in a Jets fans mind would the Vikings (or anyone, frankly) prefer the maybe of the rookie over the actual of the elite starting QB.  I bet we have fans who think the Vikings would trade, today, Cousins for Darnold, lol.

As to the money side, I'd only care about that if A. I was paying for it, and B. WE (the Jets) had actually spent that money on someone else last year (we didn't).

Except for the little problem of Cousins wasnt actually an elite starting QB.  

Pretty much no one at this point in time would trade Darnold for Cousins. 

I would bet every dime I have, my house, car, wife, everything that the Vikings would trade Cousins for Darnold and throw in picks.  

3 minutes ago, IndianaJet said:

Nothing worse than a guy who can't live up to his word...and he's supposed to be a stand up citizen.

**** him...I hope he blows his knee out walking back into the Vike's training facility.

Dude... seriously???

6 minutes ago, jetsons said:

no it's not.. there is Nothing Legally Binding during this period... "bad faith" does not correlate... it can be a douchy move but nothing illegal in Any way.

Negotiating in bad faith and doing something "illegal" are completely different.

7 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

It went from “Wow, my team just put together one of the best LB groups in football!” to “Wow, my team is paying a middle linebacker $17 million per.” 

Well...don't assume that either until after 4pm tomorrow.

13 minutes ago, Warfish said:

The Vikings would 100 % trade Cousins for Darnold straight up if they could.  You're out of your mind.

Cousins is 8 years older.  The Vikings couldn't draft their QB of the future because they were drafting so late that year.  They went with the next best thing:  A proven commodity at QB.  That doesn't mean they prefer Cousins to Sam Darnold (or a young QB of their choice). 

And I didn't even have to mention the part about Darnold being on a rookie deal and Cousins getting $30 million per.  The previous paragraph would be enough to say you're dead wrong on this one.

Nothing like the way some of these guys have no regard to agreements and the value of their word.  They're not idiots.  They know the implications of signing with a team that's limited in what they can spend by a cap and who's available and then pulling out after giving your word. 

So when a poster gives me shlt about players getting screwed by MGT all the time ...

10 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

It went from “Wow, my team just put together one of the best LB groups in football!” to “Wow, my team is paying a middle linebacker $17 million per.” 

Exactly.  The Mosley pickup only made any sense if we had Barr.  I can get behind trying to build a "supergroup" of LB's.  We no longer have that. 

I would have been fine to roll into next season with Barr, Avery Williamson, Jenkins and Darron Lee.  But this end result is really not good. 

5 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

The Vikings would 100 % trade Cousins for Darnold straight up if they could.  You're out of your mind.

Only in the fever dreams of Jets Fans, lol. 

But hey, if it gets you through this tough loss of a guy we never had, good for you!

1 minute ago, DLJ said:

People are allowed to change their minds. FFS 

Yep.  The anger is misdirected.  Getting played is something that happens to Mike Maccagnan a lot.  He's the common denominator here.  His own incompetence the last 4+ years led to this yet another embarrassing moment in Jets lore. 

Just now, Jetsfan80 said:

Yep.  The anger is misdirected.  Getting played is something that happens to Mike Maccagnan a lot.  He's the common denominator here.  His own incompetence the last 4+ years led to this yet another embarrassing moment in Jets lore. 

WTF ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT? How is this his fault?

1 minute ago, Warfish said:

Only in the fever dreams of Jets Fans, lol. 

But hey, if it gets you through this tough loss of a guy we never had, good for you!

No, in reality.  Talented rookie QB's are worth a lot more than a 30-year old veteran who only beats up on bad teams.  Just look at how many 1st rounders teams will give up to move up in a draft just for the SHOT at a young franchise QB.  Three 1sts or two 1sts plus some just to move up a few spots.  Three 2nd rounders for us to move up 3 spots, not even knowing which QB would be there.  Come on man. 

Your worship of Kirk Cousins is pretty gross. 

10 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Except for the little problem of Cousins wasnt actually an elite starting QB.  

Pretty much no one at this point in time would trade Darnold for Cousins. 

I would bet every dime I have, my house, car, wife, everything that the Vikings would trade Cousins for Darnold and throw in picks.  

Lol.  You guys are no end of lols.  Really.

In before Crowder is proclaimed the best slot WR in the NFL....oops, too late.  

The lols never end here, seriously.

Archived