Jump to content
southtown24th

Barr Stays with Vikings

Recommended Posts

I mean I hate that this happened but good for him. An extra $6 million dollars over 3 years is not life changing money when you’re making $50 million anyway. As the cap goes up I can see more players choosing to forego some money and living in a place they love.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, PCP63 said:

Not looking so good now, Mac. Good trade, but no Barr, WAY overpriced ILB, probably not Bell, and probably not Paradis.

If the board wanted examples of people wanting Macc to fail, add this one to the list.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, johnnysd said:

who cares? 1/6 of your salary cap on linebackers would be silly. Big ticket free agents hurt teams not help them. Every one we sign is 2 or 3 less players in depth and if NE has shown us anything is that cheating, cheating, and more cheating win championships. 

ftfy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Barr and his agent are the only people who look bad here.  Now use his $$$

and complete the deals for Bell & Paradis

  • Upvote 2
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

No, in reality.  Talented rookie QB's are worth a lot more than a 30-year old veteran who only beats up on bad teams.  Your worship of Kirk Cousins is pretty gross. 

Yeah, people run to dump 4,000 yard/30 TD QB's for "maybes" all the time, you're SO right.

Up next, Chris Herndon, best receiving TE in the NFL and everyone in the league would trade all their TE's to get him!  No really!

Fantasyland must be a fun place to live.

This isn;t about Darnold, this is about the magic land where only the most homer of Jets Fans live.

Up next, Darnold > Brady, RIGHT NOW!  No really!  Pigs are ripe, I hear?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Yeah, people run to dump 4,000 yard/30 TD QB's for "maybes" all the time, you're SO right.

Up next, Chris Herndon, best receiving TE in the NFL and everyone in the league would trade all their TE's to get him!  No really!

Fantasyland must be a fun place to live.

I'm dealing in reality.  Teams give up three 1st rounders all the time these days to get a "maybe".  Do you think Cousins is worth three 1st rounders to any NFL franchise out there?

Your opinion is absurd, and the vitriol you're displaying is telling.  Keep going, this is enjoyable for me.

  • Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

When I heard the news this didn't bother me at all. I was actually glad. They need to secure the guys around Darnold. If this helps to do that I'm totally fine with it. They should pivot to CB and a veteran pass rusher AFTER they bring in a RB and Center

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Jetsfan80 said:

By drafting poorly for 4 years and building a terrible roster.  This is why having the most cap space is a symptom of doing a poor job, not a good one.  And every agent in the league has the ability to use us to get more money out of other teams right now.

"Pay my guy what he wants, or he'll sign with the Jets."  That's how things work at the moment. 

Then go away and dont comment on here. Because if you have no belief in anything, why are you here?

  • Downvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, kdels62 said:

I mean I hate that this happened but good for him. An extra $6 million dollars over 3 years is not life changing money when you’re making $50 million anyway. As the cap goes up I can see more players choosing to forego some money and living in a place they love.

That said, Maccagnan better chain Mosley to a radiator STAT

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Jetsfan80 said:

I'm dealing in reality.  Teams give up three 1st rounders all the time these days to get a "maybe".  

Your opinion is absurd, and the vitriol you're displaying is telling.  Keep going, this is enjoyable for me.

You can keep saying it, it'll never be true.  The Vikings wouldn't trade for Darnold today, and that's a fact.

In a few years, maybe.  But not today.  But like I said, if it makes you happy to fantasize about that, have at it.  It's a free country, and opinions, etc.

  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, UnitedWhofans said:

Then go away and dont comment on here. Because if you have no belief in anything, why are you here?

You can only comment here if you are a true believer?  Do you mean this board or this thread?  Seems like a strange spot to demand belief.  I guess Anthony Barr can't post here either.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Maybe he really is lazy. Maybe he really is scared about Williams wearing his ass as a shoe. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

That said, Maccagnan better chain Mosley to a radiator STAT

Let him leave too. Barr was the centerpiece of our free agent plan. Let him leave and restart it. No one is actually signed. The world is chaos.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Last year, Cousins chose MIN over NYJ and we ended up with Darnold.  

Maybe this year, Barr chose MIN over NYJ and we will end up with Josh Allen.

In 3 years, those guys may both be All Pro players and we'll be eternally grateful to Cousins and Barr.  

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

having two premier free agents leave money on the table to sign elsewhere and avoid your garbage team should cause you to rethink your team’s management, both on the business and football side

  • Upvote 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, themeangreenkillingmachine said:

I’m having flashbacks of Antoine Winfield. Who’s Barr’s wife?

Roseanne?

  • Post of the Week 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As I’m reminded, Cousins also left money on the table to avoid the Jets last year.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We're likley going to lose out on Bell because we were late to the game with big money for him...money that was slotted to Barr, that we could have offered to Bell yesterday morning and gotten him locked up.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, LockeJET said:

This is how Barr told usFB_IMG_1552412337495.jpg

Oh damn !!!! Bwahaha

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

Also, word is Barr told the Jets he had to sleep on the offer.  It sounds like the Twitterverse got ahead of itself and it may not be entirely that Barr jerked us around.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Since corporations are legally people, maybe there is a way some incorporated body can be an NFL football player and the Jets can give him all their FA money, so it can be given to charity. 

Since lots of NFL players aren't that interested in taking it. 

Who doesn't like philanthropy? 

:-)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, nycdan said:

Last year, Cousins chose MIN over NYJ and we ended up with Darnold.  

Maybe this year, Barr chose MIN over NYJ and we will end up with Josh Allen.

In 3 years, those guys may both be All Pro players and we'll be eternally grateful to Cousins and Barr.  

Lucky > good

                          -Macc’s Nuts

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, TheNuuFaaolaExperience said:

If the board wanted examples of people wanting Macc to fail, add this one to the list.

What makes you think I want him to fail? I definitely don't. I want every player he signs, trades for, and drafts to be the greatest player ever at their position. But the reality is, he's a pretty terrible GM.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, IndianaJet said:

We're likley going to lose out on Bell because we were late to the game with big money for him...money that was slotted to Barr, that we could have offered to Bell yesterday morning and gotten him locked up.

 

 

Sure, because Bell is such a man of integrity that he won't walk away late from Baltimore for more money. lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

Then go away and dont comment on here. Because if you have no belief in anything, why are you here?

^^

lalalala.gif.c4fa9638ecdbef88adef735b0fb480a2.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

having two premier free agents leave money on the table to sign elsewhere and avoid your garbage team should cause you to rethink your team’s management, both on the business and football side

CJ had the chance of a lifetime to do just that in January, and he spit the bit.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

having two premier free agents leave money on the table to sign elsewhere and avoid your garbage team should cause you to rethink your team’s management, both on the business and football side

Whew this is a hard pill to swallow

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

having two premier free agents leave money on the table to sign elsewhere and avoid your garbage team should cause you to rethink your team’s management, both on the business and football side

Get out of here, non-believer.

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company
×
×
  • Create New...