Barr Stays with Vikings

southtown24th

• Replies 385
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Butterfield said:

Blessing in disguise.  Not s player the jets needed.

Don’t agree with this. The Jets need an edge rusher and he seemed based on the postings here like he could fill that role. CJ Mosley was the overkill. Now they still have no edge rusher and have been set back as other names fall off the board. It puts them at a disadvantage come draft time because they’ll be looking to fill that there, which could be a mistake. 

28 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

Then go away and dont comment on here. Because if you have no belief in anything, why are you here?

When we want your help moderating the board and setting policy you will get a PM that says:

Dear WhoBoy,

We want your help moderating the board and setting policy.

Please check your PMs several times a day. But until that PM comes in, don't tell people what to do here. That's garbage.

2 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

You guys?

Everyone would take Darnold over Cousins.  Every single person who watched them last season. 

Maybe not those like you who claimed Darnold was a noodle armed QB.  

I don't recall ever making that specific complaint. :blink:

I did say he was turnover prone.  And so far, he has been. 

I'm quite hopeful he'll fix that issue going forward, presuming we get him some actual talent to play with.

Like I said to 80, if you want to think "everyone" would trade Cousins for Darnold last year and this year, great!  Enjoy it!  It's fantasy IMO, but you're entitled to your fantasies.  

9 hours ago, kmnj said:

it has everything to do with Mac HE IS THE GM

it is his job to sign players and he has shown on more then one occasion to not be able to close

You schmooze him, make him an offer, he accepts and then changes his mind.  The deal was closed.  

Has nothing to do with you, its on him.

This is a dumb argument.  As is the idea that he cant close because some fans actually believe anyone and everyone you talk to should sign

Just now, Maxman said:

When we want your help moderating the board and setting policy you will get a PM that says:

Please check your PMs several times a day. But until that PM comes in, don't tell people what to do here. That's garbage.

While you’re here, the nerds are talking about mafia crap and I want them banned thx

14 minutes ago, Klecko73isGod said:

Kirk Cousins is not now, nor has he ever been, am elite starting QB. 

He's an overrated, greedy bag of crap. 

One can only wonder why we'll call Barr for choosing the Vikings (at less money I hear!) over the Jets.

I look forward to the day our QB is a "non-elite greedy bag of crap" who throws for 4,200 yards and 30 TD's.  If he did, he'd have the single best productive season in Jets QB history, so that'd be pretty cool!

2 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

While you’re here, the nerds are talking about mafia crap and I want them banned thx 

Says the guy who played and kept a running diary about the gameplay. 

Admit it.  It would have been your guilty pleasure had you just let it all happen.  Just like the rest of us.

3 minutes ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

Don’t agree with this. The Jets need an edge rusher and he seemed based on the postings here like he could fill that role. CJ Mosley was the overkill. Now they still have no edge rusher and have been set back as other names fall off the board. It puts them at a disadvantage come draft time because they’ll be looking to fill that there, which could be a mistake. 

Barr isn’t an edge rusher.  I’m still holding out hope Mosley bails too, but I am more ok with one of mosley and barr than both of them.

2 minutes ago, Warfish said:

One can only wonder why we'll call Barr for choosing the Vikings (at less money I hear!) over the Jets.

I look forward to the day our QB is a "non-elite greedy bag of crap" who throws for 4,200 yards and 30 TD's.  If he did, he'd have the single best productive season in Jets QB history, so that'd be pretty cool!

Those are fairly pedestrian numbers in today's NFL.

Darnold has a significantly higher ceiling and has already demonstrated an ability to make plays Cousins wouldn't dare dream about.

No one in their right mind takes Cousins longterm over Darnold right now.

1 minute ago, Gastineau Lives said:

I hear we're being ghosted by CJ Mosley. He doesn't return our texts, blocked our number, unfriended us on all social media...

When I saw the amount go from 14 million to 33 million in that other FA topic, I assumed CJ Mosley turned the Jets down too. 

I'm sorry I reacted negatively. I feel ashamed. It just happened without warning. 

49 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

And I didn't even have to mention the part about Darnold being on a rookie deal and Cousins getting $30 million per.  

all the Darnold vs Cousins aside, it doesn't matter because the money spent on Cousins didn't stop them from paying for Barr 

4 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

You smooze him, make him an offer, he accepts and then changes his mind.  The deal was closed.  

Has nothing to do with you, its on him.

This is a dumb argument.  As is the idea that he cant close because some fans actually believe anyone and everyone you talk to should sign

this is on point he committed and then un-committed  for less money. F barr if he doesn't want to be here then dont come. Same with Bell. This is there to make as much money and happiness in playing for a team of their choosing. mostly fing suffer with the interest and the tease. IE Bell is perfect example, with his tweets  If bell goes to the raiders he was not ever truly a Jet fan. It would be a a childhood dream for any player to play for a team they rooted for.

12 minutes ago, bitonti said:

all the Darnold vs Cousins aside, it doesn't matter because the money spent on Cousins didn't stop them from paying for Barr

No, but it'll eventually cost them some key guys. 

Before bringing back Barr, they had only $9M in cap space.  Stefon Diggs is due to go up to $14.5M against the cap next year.  Everson Griffin will count $13.9M.  LT Reilly Reiff $13.2M.  Linval Joseph $13M.  CB Trae Waynes $9M.  Kyle Rudolph hits free agency after this season.  And Adam Thielen hits free agency after 2020, the same year the Vikings will have to make a decision on whether or not to bring back Cousins. 

Sure, they can re-work a few of those deals and cut a few other less important guys to make some room.  But they're going to be pretty much right up against it even still. 

And Cousins will have a lot of leverage when he hits FA, since the Vikings likely aren't going to have a high draft pick any time soon. 

1 hour ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

Negotiating in bad faith and doing something "illegal" are completely different.

not when it comes to contractual agreements... that's why it's made very clear that whatever happens during this time frame is not binding.

3 minutes ago, jetsons said:

maybe this will work out for us like the cousins fiasco last year.

Kind of an apples and oranges situation.  I might rather have Barr & more picks from a trade back than take the 2nd or 3rd best pass rusher on the board. 

By missing out on Barr, it kind of puts us in a box on what we do on draft day.  We NEED a guy who can generate his own pass rush, of that there is no doubt.  And while I don't mind bringing in a Justin Houston or Ziggy Ansah, the former is old and the latter will not be worth the money he'll try to command.  We'd still need to double up.  I don't think we'd have needed that kind of urgency with Barr on the roster.  Yeah, I get that he hasn't been an EDGE guy since college, but he comes with a pedigree and has made 4 Pro Bowls.  He'd have been very good in that role here. 

10 minutes ago, WayneChrebet80 said:

I’d be happy if Sam Darnold becomes as good as Kirk Cousins one day. Look at Cousins stats.... could be a hall of famer one day 

In what universe is a guy who can't beat winning teams and never gets to the playoffs ever anywhere close to the HOF discussion?

There's a reason even a trash organization like the Redskins took a good hard look at Cousins and said "You know what, no thanks.  We'll take our chances elsewhere."

Archived