Cryptic Tweet from Paradis agent

Rhg1084

Will someone else be willing to say it, MacCagnan should not be a GM in a major market.  

MacCagnan simply doesn’t fully understand his job and it shows time and again his linking the Jets to big name players and than not consummating the deal.  

Having leaks and players not come hurts your organization and does not help it!

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply
17 minutes ago, joenamathwouldn'tcry said:

C'mon Ray, If we had signed Saffold, after trading for Osemele , and neglected to go after Paradis or Morse, you and the rest of us would have been rightly apoplectic.  The Jets are approaching this exactly the right way.  They tendered Harrison, insurance policy, traded for Osemele, great get, and went after the #1 center in free agency.  What else could they have done.  If they get Paradis, great. If not there's Wisnewski, or the draft.  In any event they did the exact right thing.  Some things we can't control, how we respond to them is what's important.

What I’m saying is they should have signed Saffold and Paradis/Morse. It would have solidified the center of the line with good, established veterans, creating a solid foundation for Sam to take his game to the next level. Meanwhile, it would have allowed them to draft a couple of offensive lineman for depth and development. Cleveland used this exact same strategy last year. 

25 minutes ago, BroadwayRay said:

What I’m saying is they should have signed Saffold and Paradis/Morse. It would have solidified the center of the line with good, established veterans, creating a solid foundation for Sam to take his game to the next level. Meanwhile, it would have allowed them to draft a couple of offensive lineman for depth and development. Cleveland used this exact same strategy last year. 

It is called knowing what you are doing!

42 minutes ago, Klecko73isGod said:

Carolina is a lifestyle choice?

Maybe for members of the witness protection program.

as someone who grew up in NJ...Yep

I would never move back.... I don't miss the taxes, tolls, or traffic

only miss pizza and bagels

2 minutes ago, FlightBoyz said:

I dont think this dude wanted to play in New York. Sign Wisnieski. Atleast he has experience & would be pretty cheap.

What tells you that?

The lack of an offer from the Jets?

The small deal he signed in Carolina?

His agent's tweet stating "it takes two to tango"?

Or when the Jets offered a big deal to Paradis, and Paradis turned it down?

That last one didn't happen btw.

1 hour ago, Patriot Killa said:

Matt Paradis to Panthers

I blame Gary Vaynerchuk.  :P

Actually I blame Mac. He made no offer to Paradis because he's waiting on Bell?  That is complete incompetence, if true. It's so dumb that it just couldn't be true. Even on the Jets.

14 minutes ago, Mike135 said:

What tells you that?

The lack of an offer from the Jets?

The small deal he signed in Carolina?

His agent's tweet stating "it takes two to tango"?

Or when the Jets offered a big deal to Paradis, and Paradis turned it down?

That last one didn't happen btw.

Please tell me how you know this?  He spent the weekend in NY- Did he come to NY for the pizza? 

We need a center, have tons of cash and have him visit and dont offer him a contract?  sounds plausible

6 minutes ago, CTM said:

This tweet makes a lot of sense given reports the jests never made an offer 

It also makes sense that Jethro wanted no part of NYC and decided to play in Caroleeena..  Where men are men and the sheep are scared.

Who gives a F...  Move on to the next guy.

32 minutes ago, sackdance said:

And his client just spurned the Jets. So great!!!!

No, it actually doesn't seem that way.  It seems clear that either the Jets didn't make him any offer, or made a low ball one. The Bills also signed Morse for significantly more money then Paradis got.   Got to say I'm surprised about this development.  Only one of two things make any sense at all.

1)  There is more to Paradis' injury then we know about or

2)  Gase and the new OL coach think Harrison is better then both Morse and Paradis

That's all I got 

Paradis gets ONLY one multi-year offer at BELOW MARKET numbers and jumps on it before the official signing period even begins.

What does that tell you?

It tells me that we spent the last two months gassing this guy up and the rest of the league doesn't think he's as good as the "experts" here do.  He and his agents read the tea leaves and knew that nothing better was going to come his way, so they signed.

On the other hand, if they got their panties in a bunch because the Jets and other teams hadn't made offers yet, and signed a below market value because they were butt hurt...well, then they're just a bunch of idiots.

They also might want to get signed ASAP because his injuries aren't healing as quickly as they thought...of course, I would expect that the Panthers are going to require all his medicals and have him pass a physical as a condition to signing.

2 hours ago, Dcat said:

Gary Vaynerchuck is Paradis' agent????  LOL, if so.

Vaynerchuck is a long time Jets fan who made a name for himself by managing his father's wine & liquor store called the Wine Library and then went on to become an internet legend with his wine blogs.  He's now some kind of motivating speaker or something of the sort.  He always goes to the draft and he was one of the ones that was chastized for his broadcasted thumbs down when the Jets moved up to get Sanchez during that draft.  

Here he is doing one of his wine blogs for Wine Library.  Notice the Jets helmet?

hqdefault.jpg

Guy has built a monster personal brand. Good nose for startup investments, great instinct for his personal content strategy. I’m not sure how involved he is in the sports endeavor. I thought AJ his brother was more involved in that business.

19 minutes ago, flgreen said:

No, it actually doesn't seem that way.  It seems clear that either the Jets didn't make him any offer, or made a low ball one. The Bills also signed Morse for significantly more money then Paradis got.   Got to say I'm surprised about this development.  Only one of two things make any sense at all.

2)  Gase and the new OL coach think Harrison is better then both Morse and Paradis

That's all I got 

Draft is deep at center. This is the least big of today’s big deals.

29 minutes ago, Bowles Movement said:

Please tell me how you know this?  He spent the weekend in NY- Did he come to NY for the pizza? 

We need a center, have tons of cash and have him visit and dont offer him a contract?  sounds plausible

The known facts.

His agent tweeted "it takes two to tango".

The deal he signed.  9 mil per and only like 11mil guaranteed.

We can go with the speculation as well, but no need.  Hearing from the agent, and the actual deal speak enough.

21 minutes ago, flgreen said:

That's all I got 

3) as desperate they are to upgrade center they’re not grossly overpaying for a 30 yr old with an extensive injury history.  

1 hour ago, IndianaJet said:

Paradis gets ONLY one multi-year offer at BELOW MARKET numbers and jumps on it before the official signing period even begins.

What does that tell you?

It tells me that we spent the last two months gassing this guy up and the rest of the league doesn't think he's as good as the "experts" here do.  He and his agents read the tea leaves and knew that nothing better was going to come his way, so they signed.

On the other hand, if they got their panties in a bunch because the Jets and other teams hadn't made offers yet, and signed a below market value because they were butt hurt...well, then they're just a bunch of idiots.

They also might want to get signed ASAP because his injuries aren't healing as quickly as they thought...of course, I would expect that the Panthers are going to require all his medicals and have him pass a physical as a condition to signing.

Great post. The idea that Macc was “waiting” on Bell doesn’t make sense to me.  Are we saying that if the Jets sign Bell (or don’t) that would change our needs at Center....or that the Jets suddenly wouldn’t have enough money to pay Paradis?

I think the Jets are comfortable with Harrison as a stopgap based on what they saw last year.  No, he’s not great, he may not even be good....but he could be adequate in the eyes of the Jets.  Besides, he’s a young guy who could benefit from an entire offseason of grooming at Center.  I still think the Jets want to upgrade but they clearly weren’t ready to pay $10M/year to a 30 year old guy coming off an injury who may or may not be ready by June.

I think there will be another “adequate” veteran type guy like Wisniewski signed and the Jets may look to the Draft for a Center.

2 hours ago, BroadwayRay said:

I understand where you're coming from but they decided to get Osemele instead and I'm fine with that.  They tried to get Paradis, I wanted Morse, he didn't come, can't fault them for that.  You know they weren't going to sign Saffold, Paradis, and then trade for Osemele.  That would have been too much money,  32million right there. So now it's on to plan B.  Draft a prospect, which I'm convinced they were going to do anyway, and maybe sign a veteran like Wisnewski.  Not as good, but adequate and miles better than last year.

8 minutes ago, joenamathwouldn'tcry said:

I understand where you're coming from but they decided to get Osemele instead and I'm fine with that.  They tried to get Paradis, I wanted Morse, he didn't come, can't fault them for that.  You know they weren't going to sign Saffold, Paradis, and then trade for Osemele.  That would have been too much money,  32million right there. So now it's on to plan B.  Draft a prospect, which I'm convinced they were going to do anyway, and maybe sign a veteran like Wisnewski.  Not as good, but adequate and miles better than last year.

They could have signed all three of them. Subtract $6.5 million from the total because that would have been the cap space created  from cutting or trading Winters. 

21 minutes ago, joenamathwouldn'tcry said:

But....DID they try to get Paradis? I’m not sure the Jets even engaged much with him. 

11 minutes ago, BroadwayRay said:

They could have signed all three of them. Subtract $6.5 million from the total because that would have been the cap space created  from cutting or trading Winters. 

That's still only three spots Two more at 4 million each [low estimate] makes it a 40 million dollar offensive line.  Anticipating signing Bell [their estimation] would bring the pricetag up to 55 million.  Crowder and Enunwa 9 million each, Robby at 3.25million, Sam 7 million, Herndon 750,000. That's 84million dollars in salary for your starting offense alone.  Can't afford it.  The math does not work. Sorry Ray, gotta disagree with you on this one.

3 hours ago, Mike135 said:

The known facts.

His agent tweeted "it takes two to tango".

The deal he signed.  9 mil per and only like 11mil guaranteed.

We can go with the speculation as well, but no need.  Hearing from the agent, and the actual deal speak enough.

This is your interpretation and its possible youre right but there are other possibilities

Agent tweet could mean his client wasnt interested in Jets and NYC

If he didnt want to live in NY then he went with the best offer where he was comfortable living.

Also before you roast the Jets consider why he took such a weak contract if he s healthy and was one of the best centers in the league   No other team could use the best center in the league???

Archived