Who is Plan B at center?

jetscrazey

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, Joejet said:

Wisniewski is only 6 months older than Paradis.  I’m not sure how good he is at center but he won’t be 30 until the end of this month.

Thanks.  Thought he was older than that.  Played Center for several years earlier in his career, probably our best option at this point.

7 minutes ago, Mackman55 said:

Yeah Thai I saw that too but he had excellent grades on PFF in 2016 and 2017 so maybe it's worth a shot to see if he can regain some of his old form on an incentive laden contract. 

Worth a shot. We gotta do somethin... lol

Draft one in the 3rd round. Look your center is your worse position on the offensive line as we speak. So I stated this is a great year for centers and one of those centers i evaluated may drop in the early third since there is an abundance of DT and WR.  Look if McCoy or Jenkins drops draft one of them. Bradburry will be gone. 

40 minutes ago, WayneChrebet80 said:

Maybe John Sullivan? Hes a local guy (greenwich ct). Probably would want to play here to finish his career and a veteran presence to help Darnold.

Sullivan was terrible the last half of last season and he even talked about possibly retiring. 

Let me add, what a friggin joke it is that Maccagnan hasn't drafted a center through four years, and with it being such a crying need for this team. We should have a development player ready to go, but instead it's a huge hole.

44 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

Draft. Elgton Jenkins from MS State.

Agreed. That would be the guy I want. The problem is that #3 is too high to take him and we do not have a pick until the third round after that. The Jets absolutely need to trade back in round one if they want to get him. 

52 minutes ago, Untouchable said:

Wisniewski or Sullivan on a short term deal.

Either that or explore the trade market.

I got nothing else

51 minutes ago, WayneChrebet80 said:

Maybe John Sullivan? Hes a local guy (greenwich ct). Probably would want to play here to finish his career and a veteran presence to help Darnold.

46 minutes ago, Lith said:

Plans B & C have to be John Sullivan or Stefen Wisniewski.  Both older, hold the fort for a year or two guys.  Would hate to go into the draft needing a starting C. 

Yes to Sulli. Definitely only a hold-the-fort guy at this stage in his career, but he'll do good things for Sam.

9 minutes ago, JetFaninMI said:

Look to the Raiders for Hudson. Guys 29 and is an NFL Center. Gruden will trade him most likely and there was rumored to be another trade brewing with the Raiders.

This. A swap in round 1, and a Lee toss in.

He was PFFs #4 rated Center, and has familiarity playing next to KO. 

I was thinking that we would use the 3rd pick to draft Josh Allen rather than sign Barr.

But this team has too many holes.  We need to trade down for a second round pick.  

I am not an NFL football professional, but I still think tossing Spencer Long out before replacing him was not smart.  He was a passable Center in 2017.  He hurt his hand in 2018 and played ok at Guard.  

Paradis basically did not want to play for the Jets.  Just like the Army has to draft soldiers, the Jets need to draft players (and keep their draft picks).  

57 minutes ago, WayneChrebet80 said:

How? The Jets oline was atrocious the last six games of the year. 

Harrison just looked good because he wasnt snapping the ball over the QBs head

The OL was good except vs the Pats.  Sam was playing his best till that game.  Harrison was fine.  I’m not saying he’s great but you can do a lot worse see; Wesley Johnson and  Spencer Long. 

4 minutes ago, JiF said:

The OL was good except vs the Pats.  Sam was playing his best till that game.  Harrison was fine.  I’m not saying he’s great but you can do a lot worse see; Wesley Johnson and  Spencer Long. 

Jets fans think they need an all pro at Center.  Most teams that win have good Centers they don’t always have a Mawae or Mangold sometimes they have Jonathan Goodwin while keeping John Abraham 

Harrison was fine.  Definitely better than Long and Johnson.

1 hour ago, PepPep said:

Yup, that's the first guy that comes to mind. 

You are over-valuing these guys. Bradbury IS NOT going in the first round. And Jenkins should be there in the 3rd if the Jets choose to go that route. But I expect them to find a temp solution in FA. 

they can sign Wisnieski and then draft a center somewhere.  If they were outbid by Carolina I am surprised.  I suspect he wanted to go to a "winner."  But Carolina will not be a winner.  Cam has lost it.

Archived