Poll: Your guess as to why players won't sign here

TuscanyTile2

Poll: Your guess as to why players won't sign here  

125 members have voted

1. 1. Your guess as to why players won't sign here (you can put multiple answers)

• Players have a negative association of the franchise
    • Adam Gase (players don't want to play for him)
    • Gregg Williams (players don't want to play for him)
    • High State Tax
    • Players don't like NY as a place to live (or for their families)
    • Other (specify in comments)
    • This is a stupid poll

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 03/20/2019 at 01:55 AM

Barr backed out on us.  Paradis signed in Carolina.  CJ Mosely didn't want to leave the Ravens (but agreed to because we overpaid).  It's unclear if Bell is just using the Jets to get a better contract elsewhere.

What are your best guesses as to the root causes of this?

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Barr backed out on us.  Paradis signed in Carolina.  CJ Mosely didn't want to leave the Ravens (but agreed to because we overpaid).  It's unclear if Bell is just using the Jets to get a better contract elsewhere.

Bad teams overpay.

2nd year qb and an unproven franchise. Wait till we get to the playoffs this year (wishful thinking, but I absolutely think possible) next FA you’ll see people lining up (whether we want them is a different story)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just now, T0mShane said:

Also, lol at people thinking dudes signing for $50 mil guaranteed are worried about state taxes. 

This is a BIG reason. I dont understand why these athletes don't want to pay their fair share. I'm shocked.

The team has been a pretty consistent loser for almost a decade now. From the time Parcells got here until 2010 we made the playoffs a bunch of times. We had some crushing losses but I think our credibility as a franchise took a big step forward.

Since Idzik took over we've been consistently bad, plus we have a high state tax. It's probably a combination of those two things. Just my opinion. 

13 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Barr wanted to stay home. We didn't make Paradis an offer. Mosely did sign.  Bell still could sign here. It's day 2 of free agency get a grip people.

We also don't play in NY so what does NY taxes have to do with anything?

The negative media and fans. I will use this forum as an example. The bickering the last two off seasons has skyrocketed. Players and agents are aware of the fans frustration and how quickly they spew their venom on the players. Couple this with quality of life for their families. It’s a negative place to play. My Opinion 

1 minute ago, Barry McCockinner said:

Barr wanted to stay home. We didn't make Paradis an offer. Mosely did sign.  Bell still could sign here.

Good point.  I changed it to high state taxes.  NJ still has them too.

we have a gm that has built one of the worst rosters in football which is a fact-losing in NY is a bad place to loose as the press is brutal and we hired a coach that was just run out of his last job because his team was terrible and for an offensive guy his team was near the bottom of the league oh and most players hated him and he got the least possible out of his players

7 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Also, lol at people thinking dudes signing for $50 mil guaranteed are worried about state taxes. 

Pretty sure I read the other day that the top ~4% in NY pay something like 47% of the state's income tax, so yea I would say that's an issue for some.

5 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

Barr wanted to stay home. We didn't make Paradis an offer. Mosely did sign.  Bell still could sign here.

They play (work) in NJ and choose to live over the river in NY? Heard that's a thing for some people.

Its a blessing nobody is coming here.  We are being forced to build a team the right way.

Look at the Pats.  They would never be involved in this free agency sh!tshow.

We have the model on how to build a sustainable franchise right in our division and we decide to do the exact opposite of what they do.

Here is Barrs reason

Well, according to ESPN's Adam Schefter, Barr did not feel well after agreeing to the deal. 

"Anthony Barr thinks about the idea of playing in New York with the Jets last night got sick, physically sick, last night," Schefter said on NFL Live. "He did not feel right about the decision at all. That's when they went back to the Vikings and the Vikings stepped up, improved their offer, got the deal done for Anthony Barr."

Archived