Giants trade Odell to Browns

Doggin94it

Two things.

First, I told you all last weekend OBJ was supposed to be included in the Zeilter trade, so this was a matter of time. Dorsey doesn't play around..

Second. I also posted two days ago the difference between the Browns FO and fans and those of the Jets. Jet fans and FO are traumatized at the thought of who they put in the huddle with Sam. The fans want to treat him like a Faberge egg through his development and worry about Character guys. Browns fans and FO feel like Baker is tough enough to thrive with and control anyone in his huddle.

Everyone here knows how I feel about Mayfield, but even I never imagined how well his career should go from here. Mayfield, OBJ, Landry, Chubb. and Hunt.

Those my friends, are WEAPONZZ.

• Replies 293
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, Bleedin Green said:

There is really not a single thing likable about the Browns.  I have little doubt they'll continue to fall short of their ridiculous overhype, just as they have been for year after year now.  However, it should be quite amusing watching the most douchebaggy QB/WR duo in the league throwing their little child-like temper tantrums together.

That place is ready for an all-time implosion the moment things don't go perfectly, and the guy responsible for keeping them all in line is a career unknown of a position coach, who Mayfield picked for the job as his emotional support coach, while the guy who actually turned that team around late last season is now our DC.

They have been so bad for so long they need something like this to spin the axis.  They won't win it all because of their douschy QB but they will become contenders for awhile.

Gettleman should have dumped Eli,  Kept Beckham,  With Saquoun, Shepherd and Engram.  Draft the best QB they could get.  They are going to war with Eli one more time.  The Giants are in for a few more down years.  Peppers to replace Landon.  I like Peppers.  Just don't see it.

21 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

I would not want Odell on my team right now, but playing with Eli would drive a lot of dudes nuts. Dude can’t see the field anymore.

Giants play better without Odell--(they are without him a fair amount of the time)--but just not well eough to win

3 minutes ago, Bugg said:

Obviously the Maras wanted this. Beckham for all his talent is a pain in the ass, and Barkley is a great centerpiece .But thee is still that talent tye'e dumping that's off the charts.  Not sure they understand the freakout of their fan base. 

Which makes you think they’re going to reel in a QB and sell it as a full rebuild. Easier to do with Rosen, imo. Giants fans are monster racists and would freak out about Haskins or Murray

Beckham is an absolute stud.  The Browns just completed the Trifecta on offense.  you know the 3 headed monster everyone talks about.  Aikman, Smith Irvin.  Ben, Leveon, Ab.  Great deal for the Brownies.  If Beckham was a Jet right now you would all be saying this is the greatest thing the Jets have done in a very long time.

1 minute ago, T0mShane said:

Which makes you think they’re going to reel in a QB and sell it as a full rebuild. Easier to do with Rosen, imo. Giants fans are monster racists and would freak out about Haskins or Murray

Yup, no black HCs or starting QBs allowed based on their history.

45 minutes ago, LinemanCT said:

Giants are stupid ...all that dead money ? Why keep Eli ?

The root of it all. Had they not had false hope in another SB with Eli the team would/could be in great shape. 

At least I'm thankful that the Jets' GM isn't the very worst. He's the 2nd-worst, but lucky for him - and unlucky for Jets fans - the single worst is stealing his headlines for suck. 

47 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

Giants are morons.  Not 100% due to thus trade but if they were in total rebuild mode why would they not take a QB last year rather than a friggin RB?

I hope darnold tortures them for 15 years.

Oh don’t worry, he will...every day.

Going to be another one of those 20-30 year “Dark Age” periods for the “storied” franchise.

Their coach s**ks too.

It's a good trade from a value perspective for the Giants. I just think that GM has no idea what he's doing though lol. Why would you draft Barkley last year, pay Solder all that money, and now trade your best receiver in his prime after signing him to a massive contract last off season?

What the Giants should do now is release Eli. Even if they don't like a QB in this draft, let Eli go and take a flier on a guy in the middle rounds. There's no point in keeping Eli if you are going to rebuild. 

10 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

If they're trading for Rosen they're putting him in a very rough spot. There will be no honeymoon. Because every week they're gonna see Mayfield/Beckham racking up yards and points. 

Just now, ScarletKnight89 said:

It's a good trade from a value perspective for the Giants. I just think that GM has no idea what he's doing though lol. Why would you draft Barkley last year, pay Solder all that money, and now trade your best receiver in his prime after signing him to a massive contract last off season?

What the Giants should do now is release Eli. Even if they don't like a QB in this draft, let Eli go and take a flier on a guy in the middle rounds. There's no point in keeping Eli if you are going to rebuild. 

Yup, Giant GM has been been going to the night school “Mike Maccagnan School of Logic”.  To pass just know how to throw sh*t against a wall.

One thing though, I disagree with you as to whether they got “value” in this deal. I think they got beat like a rented mule.

Been reading over Giants message boards after I saw the OBJ news. I have to admit, I'm surprised how much satisfaction I'm getting from watching Giants fans talk like us. The overwhelming dislike among them for Gettleman fueling their complaints about the trade. It really did feel just like home.

It's a beautiful thing. I honestly can't wait to see what happens if Gettleman trades a ton to move up for Murray ??

1 minute ago, Pac said:

The Browns complete implosion will be must see tv.

Mayfield so far has been a very cool customer, and it's his team. If Beckham pulls some of the sh!t he did with the Jints, it will not go over well. 

3 minutes ago, ScarletKnight89 said:

I agree. The Giants should be in rebuilding mode now. It would be foolish to hold onto Eli. You can't expect the Giants to make a playoff push when you trade away your best WR and have a defense in ruins.

3 minutes ago, Bugg said:

If they're trading for Rosen they're putting him in a very rough spot. There will be no honeymoon. Because every week they're gonna see Mayfield/Beckham racking up yards and points. 

You let Rosen sit for Eli’s retirement tour and slide him in there Week Ten, imo. 

Giants forums are in meltdown mode over gettleman. This makes the saquon pick pointless. By the time they’re finished rebuilding, his tread will be down to nothing

Link please I need to see the shambles myself

Been reading over Giants message boards after I saw the OBJ news. I have to admit, I'm surprised how much satisfaction I'm getting from watching Giants fans talk like us. The overwhelming dislike among them for Gettleman fueling their complaints about the trade. It really did feel just like home.
It's a beautiful thing. I honestly can't wait to see what happens if Gettleman trades a ton to move up for Murray ??

Link?

Just now, J_Smith said:

Giants forums are in meltdown mode over gettleman. This makes the saquon pick pointless. By the time they’re finished rebuilding, his tread will be down to nothing

Plus now they’re clearly in the market for a qb in the draft and the 2 and 3 spots are the obvious slots to trade up if you want to get ahead of the giants.

Archived