Harry Anderson Re-Signed!

IndianaJet

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Creepy Lurker said:

I know. I was replying to him regarding our conversation yesterday when he said trey flowers(I think it was him or some other edge rusher) and Henry Anderson were the same type of player just because they were defensive ends and didn’t understand the difference in scheme and responsibilities.

I’m one of the bigger Henry Anderson fans and predicted $8mil/per when trying to estimate resignings last year. I’m very happy with this. 

The type of player the patriots would be sure to keep.  Quality player.  

4 minutes ago, Scoop24 said:

So this all but makes Nathan Sheppard useless right ?  Well I guess depth . 

Who knows? He might be our NT next year since we don't have one on the roster right now.

9 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

The type of player the patriots would be sure to keep.  Quality player.  

? He thought they were the same type of player while ignoring scheme and responsibilities. I’m not sure what you mean with this comment.

It has to do with difference between interior d line and edge rusher. That is all I was talking about. It was regarding our conversation yesterday that he either forgot about or ignored. 

Just now, Creepy Lurker said:

? He thought they were the same type of player while ingnroing scheme and responsibilities. I’m not sure what you mean with this comment.

It has to do with difference between interior d line and edge rusher. That is all I was talking about. It was regarding our conversation yesterday that he either forgot about or ignored. 

Good player, hard effort player, doesn’t cost a fortune.  Not talking about scheme.  

Just now, Augustiniak said:

Good player, hard effort player, doesn’t cost a fortune.  Not talking about scheme.  

I was ONLY talking about scheme and difference between interior and edge specifically regarding a conversation with the poster that I replied, just yesterday.

So I agree with you but your reply to me had nothing to do with what I was talking about so it confused me. 

21 minutes ago, Wonderboy said:

But he doesn’t fit a 4-3 defense. So are we sticking to a 3-4?

I'd say yeah.

I don't think Henry came real cheap. Off an excellent year.  7 sacks, and the fat boy really hussels.

I like this re-sign.  I really liked Anderson.  Guy isn't the most gifted, but he plays hard.  That attitude spreads.

19 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

I like the player, good signing.  Pricey but just what i expected when we can't sign other peoples players.

Leo willimans will be given his huge deal as well when we have all this cash left over

Leo better play his ass off next year 

3 minutes ago, flgreen said:

I'd say yeah.

I don't think Henry came real cheap. Off an excellent year.  7 sacks, and the fat boy really hussels.

I like this re-sign.  I really liked Anderson.  Guy isn't the most gifted, but he plays hard.  That attitude spreads.

So who are the lb’s? Mosley, Avery, Jordan and who else l. And the starters on the Dline? Williams, ....Anderson?  We need a big Carrie in the middle. Can’t see them keeping the midget. 

2 minutes ago, Wonderboy said:

So who are the lb’s? Mosley, Avery, Jordan and who else l. Can’t see them keeping the midget.

Yeah, the tiny dancer is gone.  I wonder if they can trade him for something?  As far as who the complete LB's are?  Who knows.  FA hasn't opened yet.  I hated losing Barr.  I thought he was a great fit.

Draft is loaded with front 7 guys.  Ask me again after the draft.  :)

Jets need some good VALUE signings since they are staying in the cheaper 3-4 base and still have 2/3 of a roster to fill out. I'm talking about LUNCH PAIL guys in the molds of: Ernie Logan, Rick Lyle, Anthony Pleasant, Corwin Brown. The Bellamy signing was a nice ST upgrade signing in killing 2 birds w/1 stone: Good bye to a now-more expensive, older, All-Pro KR/PR/#4WR - Andre Roberts AND Top Gunner WR Charone Peake. Bellamy takes all FOUR (4!!!) spots in one swipe. 

They have 1 DT in Fatfukusai and 1 3-4 reserve DE in Shepard who was dismal, at best last year for a 3rd rounder. Leo's talent is not optimally utilized as a 3-4 End but he'll start one side while Anderson will start on the other end. We need more bodies and depth on Defense and STILL have to find ANYTHING to upgrade the OLine asides from the Osmele trade. 

8 minutes ago, flgreen said:

Yeah, the tiny dancer is gone.  I wonder if they can trade him for something?  As far as who the complete LB's are?  Who knows.  FA hasn't opened yet.  I hated losing Barr.  I thought he was a great fit.

Draft is loaded with front 7 guys.  Ask me again after the draft.  :)

Don't think he is gone unless a trade occurs. Not a big difference between keeping and cutting loose so he will be here for another year to prove himself.

4 minutes ago, usapaw said:

Don't think he is gone unless a trade occurs. Not a big difference between keeping and cutting loose so he will be here for another year to prove himself.

You might be right.  I think the Jets only save like $2M by cutting him.  He wasn't horrible last year, but still a major disappointment.

Again depends on what happens in FA and the draft.  I probably overstated by saying he is gone, but IF he is on the team next year, he has certainly lost his starting job to Mosley.  If a young guy plays close to his value, he's gone

6 minutes ago, flgreen said:

You might be right.  I think the Jets only save like $2M by cutting him.  He wasn't horrible last year, but still a major disappointment.

Again depends on what happens in FA and the draft.  I probably overstated by saying he is gone, but IF he is on the team next year, he has certainly lost his starting job to Mosley.  If a young guy plays close to his value, he's gone

I think it is only 500k  so let it play out or trade. (Between the dead money and cap savings)

1 hour ago, Patriot Killa said:

Cool.

but wow Baker has been gifted the god GM.

Yep, a GM and a fan base that aren't worried about surrounding him with "character" guys either. The feeling there is so different then the "we have to be careful who we put in the huddle with our young FQB". In Cleveland, the feeling is Mayfield is is not only good enough, but tough enough to control a huddle, no matter who's in it.

12 minutes ago, 14 in Green said:

Yep, a GM and a fan base that aren't worried about surrounding him with "character" guys either. The feeling there is so different then the "we have to be careful who we put in the huddle with our young FQB". In Cleveland, the feeling is Mayfield is is not only good enough, but tough enough to control a huddle, no matter who's in it.

Careful about getting too far over your skis there.  You know all too well what can happen with that.  You do realize, after all it is Cleveland. The last time they won a big game, the most valuable player for them was named Gastineau.  On a different note, David Fizdale is remarkable.  The most self assured coach I've ever seen for a team that wins once a month.

Archived