Anyone Talk About Daryl Williams?

New York Mick

3 minutes ago, New York Mick said:

He’s the OT I was hoping the Jets would sign.

I haven’t hear anything about him and he still available. 

Was just thinking about Daryl Williams. Amazing how people don't think we have a need at Tackle with Beachum and Shell. Couldn't be more wrong. Beachum has one year left and Shell is still a question mark. 

Spend money on this guy. God knows we have plenty of it to spare.

7 minutes ago, Untouchable said:

I wouldn’t be against it as long as it’s reasonable. He’s basically an average starting RT.

We have no clue when Shell is going to be able to get on the field again, so it might be worth it. But it’s not like Williams is a sizable upgrade.

He’d be a big improvement at RT and could play LT if need be. He’s the best OL left in FA. 

8 minutes ago, New York Mick said:

He’d be a big improvement at RT and could play LT if need be. He’s the best OL left in FA. 

He’s really not 

And being the best of what's leftover doesn’t mean much.

This was always a weak OL free agent class. As evidenced by a guy like Trent Brown becoming the highest paid OL in NFL history just based off a good postseason performance.

30 minutes ago, New York Mick said:

He’s the OT I was hoping the Jets would sign.

I haven’t hear anything about him and he still available. 

I just talked to him on the phone.  He sounded like he wanted to come here, but told me that he was getting physically sick and anxious about coming here.  Backed out!

30 minutes ago, Untouchable said:

He’s really not 

And being the best of what's leftover doesn’t mean much.

This was always a weak OL free agent class. As evidenced by a guy like Trent Brown becoming the highest paid OL in NFL history just based off a good postseason performance.

He’d be an improvement over what’s currently on the roster. 

3 minutes ago, New York Mick said:

He’d be an improvement over what’s currently on the roster. 

He may be a slight upgrade over a healthy Brandon Shell.

Question is, is that worth $10+ million a year?

Osemele was worth it. Even if he never regains his 2015-2017 form he’s still virtually guaranteed to at least be an above average starting LG.

With Williams, I’m not convinced.

8 hours ago, Untouchable said:

He may be a slight upgrade over a healthy Brandon Shell.

Question is, is that worth $10+ million a year?

Osemele was worth it. Even if he never regains his 2015-2017 form he’s still virtually guaranteed to at least be an above average starting LG.

With Williams, I’m not convinced.

Even if he is just a slight improvement, I'd take it. Also, nice to have some Tackle depth to protect our young QB.

The position is too important to have just Beachum and Shell there.

I can't find any news updates or stories on these guys since like 10 days ago... Either they have something lined up so there are no rumors or tips floating around; or they're waiting in the wings to see how the market plays out before they start listening to teams...

It's very strange though... These guys should be pretty highly sought... Not because they're hall of famers or anything, but they're solid players in an important position... 

Despite all the protestations of this board, fans and sportswriters, I am not sensing that Mac gets the investment in OL concept fully.  

He will likely parade out a group that, at least initially, disappoints us.  

The only way that practically changes is if he trades down and drafts OL rounds 1 and/or 2.  

I am not certain he does that instead of drafting the long elusive EDGE.

When the Jets play better and pick lower in the draft rounds, and when they have all their picks, we will see him start to draft OL to protect Darnold.  

13 hours ago, RichardTodd27 said:

Even if he is just a slight improvement, I'd take it. Also, nice to have some Tackle depth to protect our young QB.

The position is too important to have just Beachum and Shell there.

Not at 10 mil. 

Archived