Random Thoughts (put your dumb ideas here, no need for new threads)

jetstream23

I submit a motion to the floor that we place all our random thinking, conspiracy theories and crap ideas that don't really deserve a new thread here.  Because....I have a lot of stupid thoughts.

#1 - The month of March is now turning into one of my favorite months.  Good or bad, Free Agency is a ton of fun and I'm trying out new drinks (trying to get away from beer) while I anticipate March Madness.

#2 - The "window" is now open on all of last year's top QBs.  Their teams and GMs see it (even Macc whether he does well in FA or not).  The Bills have signed at least 5 new players on offense around Josh Allen.  Cleveland just traded for OBJ.  Just like the Rams with Goff, Eagles with Wentz, etc. these teams know that having a premiere, young QB on a rookie $$$ contract is your one golden opportunity to win over the next 3-4 years.  Ask the Packers how much fun it is surrounding Aaron Rogers with talent these days and why they're not winning championships this past decade.

#3 - The AFC landscape is changing.  This will be an unfolding story as at some point the Patriots will falter and Brady will finally retire.  But if you were betting on AFC Super Bowl appearances over the next 5 years you wouldn't get too much push back if you put your money on some combination of Indy, KC and Cleveland.

#4 - Lindsey Rhodes really looks great tonight LIVE on NFLN.   Don't stop now Lindsey.

It’s hard being a jets, Mets, and knicks fan... the Mets wanted to buy the factory of sadness, but the Wilpon’s said it cost too much, James Dolan just kicked everyone from Cleveland out of it, and Mac is viewing the property...

I will say that in the past FA was a hugely important period of time....solely because we needed to have great players everywhere else (running game, defense, special teams) to compensate for bad/mediocre QB play.  If anything gives me hope it's that we can survive some misses in FA because I believe we now have a QB that can raise the talent around him a little bit.  In the past we had guys like Fitzpatrick who NEEDED talents like Brandon Marshall and Eric Decker.  I'm hoping we get to the point where Darnold makes bad guys look average, average guys look good, and good guys look great.  I think we will get to that point.

4 minutes ago, RoadFan said:

I am a little nervous that a team is going to try and swipe Robby Anderson from the Jets even with the 2nd round tender.   Lots of teams sitting quietly... eventually a few will do something.  

Good point, especially if it's a team at the back end of Round 2. I still think it's the right tender offer though.  

7 minutes ago, usanyj said:

It’s hard being a jets, Mets, and knicks fan... the Mets wanted to buy the factory of sadness, but the Wilpon’s said it cost too much, James Dolan just kicked everyone from Cleveland out of it, and Mac is viewing the property...

Are you a hockey fan?

1 minute ago, Darnold Schwarzenegger said:

I think Gettelman is giving Maccagnan a run for worst GM in football

Picks a rb over a franchise QB last year and just gives away ODBjr.

Hindsight will be 20/20 on this one.  Whether or not Darnold becomes just good, very good or great, it doesn't change the fact that the Giants didn't have the balls to go with a QB when their "legend" was clearly getting ancient.  They had arguably the best complement of weapons in WR OBJ, RB Saquon Barkley and TE Engram in the league......all orbiting a dinosaur.  The Giants are rebuilding.....a year after they could have started the real rebuild with a QB instead of a RB.

Another thought.....poor Barkley.  He's going to get 400 carries on a rebuilding team that likely will not be in a position to win until 2021.  Both the Eagles and Cowboys are better for at least the next 2 years IMO.

Just now, TuscanyTile2 said:

We match on 3 of the 4 teams (I'm Rangers).  It is painful though I do have some hope for the Mets this year.

I’m always hopeful... things need to break right. Rosario needs to develop, as does nimmo. Pitching needs to stay healthy, and I can only hope to the baseball gods that Pete Alonso can be special and contend for rookie of the year 

Just now, usanyj said:

I’m always hopeful... things need to break right. Rosario needs to develop, as does nimmo. Pitching needs to stay healthy, and I can only hope to the baseball gods that Pete Alonso can be special and contend for rookie of the year 

We have good starters and relievers this year (as long as they stay healthy).  I think the question is the hitting but I have a good feeling about Alonso and they say Cano is hitting really well in ST.  Plus Wilson Ramos should be an upgrade offensively at C.  And we'll have a full year of McNeil.  OTOH, we play in a tough division.  I think we should be pretty good at least though.  Certainly better than last year.

5 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

Legitimate Question:  Do the Browns have the best roster in the NFL?   What team has a better roster....top to bottom?  Maybe the Rams....maybe?

They've got an awesome offense and their defense ain't bad either. If the new HC is halfway competent, they're winning the division EASILY.

If I see them getting over 10-1 odds to win the AFC, I'm jumping on it

3 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

We match on 3 of the 4 teams (I'm Rangers).  It is painful though I do have some hope for the Mets this year.

Same here.  Mets, Jets, Knicks and Rangers.....If my father had raised me as a Yankees and Giants fan I wouldn't have enough fingers for all the championship rings.  I hang my hat on 1986 and 1994.

...and 2022.  Shhhh.......don't tell anyone.  Jets. I'm the Great Carnac.

1 minute ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

We have good starters and relievers this year (as long as they stay healthy).  I think the question is the hitting but I have a good feeling about Alonso and they say Cano is hitting really well in ST.  Plus Wilson Ramos should be an upgrade offensively at C.  And we'll have a full year of McNeil.  OTOH, we play in a tough division.  I think we should be pretty good at least though.  Certainly better than last year.

We have potential and if things break right I think we can have a good year. McNeil is a solid player, glad he is getting a spot. Much deserved.

9 minutes ago, Darnold Schwarzenegger said:

I also feel bad for Darnold. Everyone else is surrounding their young QBs with talent. But the Jets with 100 million in cap space sign a linebacker for 17 million dollars. 

It sucks knowing we are going to ruin this kid. 

Macc needs to go asap

He will be gone in January. It will almost be guaranteed after this FA period/Draft

16 minutes ago, Darnold Schwarzenegger said:

I think Gettelman is giving Maccagnan a run for worst GM in football

Picks a rb over a franchise QB last year and just gives away ODBjr.

Not sure. I think this season he will have transformed the OL from 1 of the worst in nfl 2 years ago, to one of best. Wether he picks a qb this yr, or just waits for one of the Studs next yr. He will likely have his franchise qb, best RB, and a top OL in 2020.   Sometimes the patient plan pays off.. He has shown a strong commitment for the OL, while Mac is the gm who values the OL least in NFl. He will be gone next yr because of it 

Archived