Le'Veon Bell signs with Jets

FO-Ti

• Replies 466
  • Created
  • Last Reply
15 minutes ago, choon328 said:

The $35 million guaranteed in 4 years is more than what the Steelers were offering over 5 years ($17 million in true guarantees). He actually got what he wanted which was more guaranteed money.

Yep, Pitt wanted a rolling guarantee structure, which only guaranteed $10M the 1st year.

Makes more sense now...

86555672-098A-45C7-A5F1-88A9D9D78E7F.jpeg

1 hour ago, choon328 said:

This is great. Now go get an edge Rusher and a Center

That's exactly how I feel.  We need offensive threats for Darnold, and Bell is one of most unique RB's ever to play the game. 

But I also feel disappointed about Barr reneging on his agreement. It's total disrespect for our NYJ.  And I wanted a solid veteran like Paradis at C.

Allen or Bosa is a no brainer if Jets stay at 3. Center in the 3rd round is more likely to be more a developmental prospect rather then  plug and play.

Mac...surprise us all and draft a Pro Bowl caliber C...OK!

BOOM. Lots of jets fans got some good news to wake up to, LOL.

That's a lot less than Bell was probably hoping for a year but he got the second most guarantees for his position behind the younger Gurley, so there's that.

That's one offensive weapon, here's hoping he lives up to the hype after a year off. 1.5k all purpose yards minimum a year or this was a waste of time.

If you say make or break this move could be a huge make maybe more significant than any acquisition  of any team in all of free agency. Last time we went to playoffs was with a productive power back in Thomas Jones. This guy is a lot better than Jones. When Sam checks one down to him he can and will get extra yardage to keep drives going, keep the D off the field and increase the team’s time of possession. I’m stoked by this move?.

20 minutes ago, GreenReaper said:

That's exactly how I feel.  We need offensive threats for Darnold, and Bell is one of most unique RB's ever to play the game. 

But I also feel disappointed about Barr reneging on his agreement. It's total disrespect for our NYJ.  And I wanted a solid veteran like Paradis at C.

Allen or Bosa is a no brainer if Jets stay at 3. Center in the 3rd round is more likely to be more a developmental prospect rather then  plug and play.

Mac...surprise us all and draft a Pro Bowl caliber C...OK!

They need to fill the Center and Edge hole before the draft. You can not go into the draft drafting for needs. Too much can go wrong. There are 3 to 4 solid edge rushers still available and a few veteran Centers as well. I'd throw a 3 year deal at Houston that they can get out of after 2. Then sign Wisniewski on a similar deal to what Paradis got but a little less. 

The Jets now have the attacking center piece to their offense.

Le'Veon Bell is a joy to watch.  And now he is a New York Jet.  Already the best offensive skill player in franchise history, and I love Curtis.  I am ecstatic.

ECSTATIC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

8 minutes ago, RoadFan said:

The Jets now have the attacking center piece to their offense.

Le'Veon Bell is a joy to watch.  And now he is a New York Jet.  Already the best offensive skill player in franchise history, and I love Curtis.  I am ecstatic.

ECSTATIC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wrong choice of words there after not signing a Center.

Dear Golden Diaper Baby Jesus,

May we play MIN at some point during LevBells tenure and he dishrag the sh#t out of Anthony Barr...

In the name of the Father, the Son, the Holy Spirit...Ahhhahhhhhahhhhhmennnnnn.

??????????

Of course happy with the signing. Makes teams have to account for more than just rushing Darnold.

But I will be keeping an eye on Bell and hope that whatever the deal was in Pitt doesn't follow him here.

So good day. Have we got better so far in FA ? Answer has to be yes.

31 minutes ago, choon328 said:

They need to fill the Center and Edge hole before the draft. You can not go into the draft drafting for needs. Too much can go wrong. There are 3 to 4 solid edge rushers still available and a few veteran Centers as well. I'd throw a 3 year deal at Houston that they can get out of after 2. Then sign Wisniewski on a similar deal to what Paradis got but a little less. 

Wisnewski made 2,5 million dollars in salary last year and lost his job.  He won't cost us nearly as much as Paradis. He can be had for less than 3.5 million, I'd imagine.  Would be a good versatile pickup for us. Edge can probably wait.  Now that they got Bell, I'd want to spread around the remaining "mad money" around to a good #2 corner, we also need a replacement for a slot corner, and maybe an edge.  Houston is a good player, but maybe too rich for us at this point.  We are now sitting very pretty at #3, trading down or getting a stud, all options now look bright.

6 minutes ago, MykePM said:

I know highlight videos always look great, but that's some impressive sh*t right there.

He has the best vision and jump steps into and through the hole better than any back in the NFL.  His legs never stop moving, and he has exceptional balance.  Beyond that he is the best pass catching running back in the league.  No one is close.  We are in for a treat.  I'm sold.

26 minutes ago, sourceworx said:

HAVE A LATTE ON ME, YOU F*CKING STUD!!!!!!!

Mike-Maccagnan-deserves-to-stay-but-is-on-the-clock-now.jpg

Looks like the worst GM in history actually had a plan. If Barr didn't pull a scum bag move this would have been the best off-season in this teams history. It still could turn out that way 

Archived