Le'Veon Bell signs with Jets

FO-Ti

• Replies 466
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The lack of money is sort of disturbing looking from the outside in. Thankfully my team was the beneficiaries of such a low signed contract. Dude is about to touch the ball 300 + time per season and is a triple threat back. 

Esit: After looking at the update it maxes out to $15 per season. Great for Bell and good for us to place incentive in there to potiential get the best out of him.

7 minutes ago, BigRy56 said:

This is the guy Mac couldn't miss on. Bell sells jerseys, he sells tickets, he makes the offense legit, he gives Darnold a huge weapon.

I don’t care if he came to the Jets only for the money or any other reason not in the best interests of the franchise.

He is a great get by Maccagnan, the guy will be the best security blanket Darnold can have.  Can move the chains on the ground, very dangerous receiver and even a great blocker.

Will be invaluable to Darnold’s growth.

This addition trumps an Anthony Barr 1,000 fold...because again it’s ALL about Darnold.

Not that I care about the overrated other franchise in town but how sweet is that, Jets grab Bell and the other team loses Beckham for a middle round #1....on the same day.

1 minute ago, LAD_Brooklyn said:

The lack of money is sort of disturbing looking from the outside in. Thankfully my team was the beneficiaries of such a low signed contract. Dude is about to touch the ball 300 + time per season and is a triple threat back. 

NFL teams don’t value RBs....

WOW! The Jets played this one as good as anyone could've hoped for. The shocker in this is that the market for Bell apparently never materialized. 

Those who said that the talk yesterday of Bell getting interest from the Ravens, Bears, etc. now must have been put out there by Bell's side to try and drum up interest.

4 years for $52.5? That is an unreal deal for the Jets. And for Bell? Hopefully he comes in with a chip on his shoulder that he is pissed that the rest of the league wouldn't pony up higher offers.

Glad I stayed up!!

Le'Veon Bell

After much speculation, Adam Schefter is reporting that former Steelers running back Le’Veon Bell is planning on signing with the New York Jets. Adding Bell to the backfield gives Sam Darnold a dual threat back. Bell has played 5 seasons (he sat out 2018) and for his career he has 5,336 rushing yards and 2,600 receiving yards. He averages 62 receptions a year and has rushed for more than 1,000 yards in 3 of his 5 seasons.

Former Steelers’ RB Le’Veon Bell plans to sign with…the New York Jets, a league source tells ESPN

— Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) March 13, 2019

Le’Veon Bell: 4 years, $52.5 million with the Jets, per source.

— Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) March 13, 2019

Source confirms the Jets and RB Le’Veon Bell have reached a deal that can become official tomorrow. #nyj

— Brian Costello (@BrianCoz) March 13, 2019

We will provide full analysis of the move and the impact on the roster. For now we leave you with what Le’Veon just tweeted himself. Be sure to check out what Jets fans are saying after Le’Veon Bell signs with the Jets.

I’m back in the green baby, let’s get it

— Le'Veon Bell (@LeVeonBell) March 13, 2019

The post Schefter: Le’Veon Bell Plans to Sign with the Jets appeared first on JetNation.com (NY Jets Blog & Forum).

Jetnationcom?d=yIl2AUoC8zA Jetnationcom?d=qj6IDK7rITs
Tw85Blz65Vc

Click here to read the full story...

20 minutes ago, tdoublee said:

Only $35M guaranteed? Wow he really screwed up holding out last season. That's less than Gurley's guarantee.

The $35 million guaranteed in 4 years is more than what the Steelers were offering over 5 years ($17 million in true guarantees). He actually got what he wanted which was more guaranteed money.

Archived