Le'Veon Bell signs with Jets

FO-Ti

• Replies 466
  • Created
  • Last Reply
37 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

Our OL was not that bad last year. Problem was our WRs were horrible, Sam was a rookie and Bowles sucks

I agree they were not "that bad".  But they weren't great either.  with a rookie QB, those receivers, 1st and 2nd RBs out towards the end, and Darnold still should have had more game winning drives like Buffalo (i.e. Texans, Pack).  but what happens?  The defense doesn't show up.

I know most of us are sick and tired of the Jets going defense in the first round, but I think it's a top-heavy defensive draft and they should stick with taking Bosa/Allen/Williams - best available at that point.

Just now, Paradis said:

EVERY NEWS OUTLET: Jets were bidding against themselves. No one else was really serious 

JET NATION: (bill and Ted voice) aaaalright. Macc daddeeee with the bell signage. What a totally boss dude. 

Seriously.  No one wanted the guy for that money.  Not a single contending team even looked his way.  That’s telling.  

1 hour ago, Philc1 said:

Our OL was not that bad last year. Problem was our WRs were horrible, Sam was a rookie and Bowles sucks

It was hard to tell with the disaster Long was snapping the ball in every direction but to Sam. Plus the horrific play calling by Bates. 

I'd try to find a veteran C to battle with Harrison and another OL in the draft.

2 minutes ago, sec101row23 said:

Seriously.  No one wanted the guy for that money.  Not a single contending team even looked his way.  That’s telling.  

most teams that are good have the rb position solidified.  then again they also have other positions solidified.

4 minutes ago, sec101row23 said:

All b/c Macc couldn’t figure out how to draft the easiest position in the NFL. 

Meanwhile: “Bro. Credit where credit is due, bro.”

1 minute ago, Paradis said:

All b/c Macc couldn’t figure out how to draft the easiest position in the NFL. 

Meanwhile: “Bro. Credit where credit is due, bro.”

His draft failures have cost him over $135 million dollars in Mosley and Bell alone.  Ignoring RB and whiffing on Lee cost him big time.  He just spent all that money on an ILB and a RB.  Nice players, but they still aren’t edge rushers or LTs.  

10 minutes ago, Paradis said:

EVERY NEWS OUTLET: Jets were bidding against themselves. No one else was really serious 

JET NATION: (bill and Ted voice) aaaalright. Macc daddeeee with the bell signage. What a totally boss dude. 

This is the general, predictable theme of the coverage: 

1 minute ago, T0mShane said:

This is the general, predictable theme of the coverage: 

The difference that people aren’t taking note of is that the guaranteed # in the Steelers deal lessened and lessened per year. I actually think he was only guaranteed money in the first two years. The Jets deal guarantees money for 3 of the 4 and has higher incentives that further maximize the deal.

5 minutes ago, sec101row23 said:

His draft failures have cost him over $135 million dollars in Mosley and Bell alone.  Ignoring RB and whiffing on Lee cost him big time.  He just spent all that money on an ILB and a RB.  Nice players, but they still aren’t edge rushers or LTs.  

the big question is, has mccagnan learned from his mistakes so that he addresses OL, edge and offensive skill positions instead of burning the 3 pick on a DT and using a 3rd rounder on a marginal cb?

3 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

The difference that people aren’t taking note of is that the guaranteed # in the Steelers deal lessened and lessened per year. I actually think he was only guaranteed money in the first two years. The Jets deal guarantees money for 3 of the 4 and has higher incentives that further maximize the deal.

I don’t want to look it up, but didn’t the Steelers deal give him $30mm guaranteed over the first two years? Because he just signed for $35 over 3. LeBitcoin Bell

1 minute ago, Augustiniak said:

the big question is, has mccagnan learned from his mistakes so that he addresses OL, edge and offensive skill positions instead of burning the 3 pick on a DT and using a 3rd rounder on a marginal cb?

We shall see.  But his track record thus far has been abysmal.  

3 hours ago, T0mShane said:

I’m not criticizing the signing. It’s fine and I hope he gets 2000 yards next year. I’m pointing out that the same fans who were killing the Browns for getting ODB yesterday are elated we signed an *actual* locker room cancer and that Bell played himself. Good on Macc for profiting from it, but let’s be real.

The cancer on the Steelers is Big Ben and his ennablers. AB and Lev are refugees (albeit rich ones)!

23 minutes ago, Paradis said:

Aren't you like 16? Your twitter handle is about The Program and now you reference Bill and Ted.  This is of great concern.

1 minute ago, cant wait said:

lol no but keep whining plz 

#ThxForPlaying

According to NFL.com, the Steelers made one final offer to Bell on Monday, just hours before the NFL's 4 p.m. ET deadline for teams to negotiate a new contract with their franchise player. The offer from the Steelers was worth a total of $70 million over five years (or $14 million per season). Although the offer would have given Bell the largest multi-year contract of any running back in the NFL, he turned it down, and one reason he likely did that, is because it was nowhere near his asking price, which was reportedly in the neighborhood of $17 million per season.

One other reason Bell might have turned the deal down is because it apparently wasn't loaded with any substantial guarantees. According to NFL.com's Ian Rapoport, the contract included $33 million in guaranteed money, which was going to be paid out over the first two years. Rapoport also noted that the first three years of the deal would pay out $45 million (or $15 million per season), but didn't note if all of that money was guaranteed. As for the final two years of the deal, it seems that Bell had no guaranteed money. Of course, none of this matters now, since Bell didn't take the offer. 

People aren't looking at this from both sides. Yes he lost 14.5 million last year. But the Stealers  long term offer was weird on the guarantee part. So he was never taking that deal without testing the waters.

So last year he lost 14.5 but lets say he played and took the 14.5 tag but hard a career ending injury. Then he misses out on the 35 mil guaranteed the Jets just gave him. It was a risk he was willing to take. Nothing was guaranteed but the 14.5 and now he got 35.

35 is always better than 14.5 when you consider you are 1 play from never walking again.

Archived