Le'Veon Bell signs with Jets

FO-Ti

• Replies 466
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, FO-Ti said:

Didn't really want to pay a RB top money but he's getting a lot less than I thought and you might as well go all in while Darnold is on a rookie deal, not like there are much better allocations of our cap space. Finally a legit weapon on offense!! Mac's firm deadline seems to have worked out for us. 

Yeah, and the fact that no one else wanted to pay 13 million a year for a RB. But no player took a discount for a new team. Only a guy like Barr took a discount to stay with his home team. 

4 minutes ago, TokyoJetsFan said:

how much guaranteed you think?

Could be heavy frontloaded so it’s really a 2 year deal at 17 per with both sides acknowledging the contract will either be extended or cut after year 2 based on performance (or Bell holds out...)

1 minute ago, BornJetsFan1983 said:

I'm very curious about the $$ I thought he wanted more? Like alot more. I get it his market wasn't where he thought it would be but I'm just saying how he go for this?

He wanted more, but was never going to get it as a 27 year old RB. 

I was hearing most teams only wanted to pay him 11-12. So the 13 was likely the best offer he got. We had the money, might as well spend it. 

I didn’t want Bell

but I’m happy and excited haha  

Even if you are t a fan of bell, this is a piece in place and should hopefully continue to keep making us a more attractive destination in the future for more FA to come here as long as we continue to take steps forward  this was a huge step, now let’s see how it translates on the field  

From the looks of it now, this is a tremendous deal for us. 

2 minutes ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

Yeah, and the fact that no one else wanted to pay 13 million a year for a RB. But no player took a discount for a new team. Only a guy like Barr took a discount to stay with his home team. 

For sure, but he still could have dragged his feet and made us wait until tomorrow or later in hopes of getting another team to jump in. 12 noon tomorrow can't come soon enough, get this deal in ink ASAP. 

9 minutes ago, PS17 said:

I think it did work out in a way. He saw Ryan Shazier’s career end on one play right in front of him before he got his second contract. Bell cashed in on a long term deal, even if it isn’t as high as he would have liked.

2 minutes ago, chrisfaceoff said:

I didn’t want Bell

but I’m happy and excited haha  

Even if you are t a fan of bell, this is a piece in place and should hopefully continue to keep making us a more attractive destination in the future for more FA to come here as long as we continue to take steps forward  this was a huge step, now let’s see how it translates on the field  

From the looks of it now, this is a tremendous deal for us. 

Im with you. Didnt want him but obviously is a talented weapon and the deal is better than I originally thought. I wanted Paradis badly but there are still a couple olineman left but not as good plus the draft. Still have money to fill other holes

Archived