Le'Veon Bell signs with Jets

FO-Ti

1 hour ago, choon328 said:

They need to fill the Center and Edge hole before the draft. You can not go into the draft drafting for needs. Too much can go wrong. There are 3 to 4 solid edge rushers still available and a few veteran Centers as well. I'd throw a 3 year deal at Houston that they can get out of after 2. Then sign Wisniewski on a similar deal to what Paradis got but a little less. 

Yes I'm on board with that.

My Barr disappointment made Houston slip my mind.  Same with Wisniewski over Paradis.  They probably can hold the fort for awhile. Then we use the draft/FA for future replacements.

• Replies 466
  • Created
  • Last Reply
WOW! The Jets played this one as good as anyone could've hoped for. The shocker in this is that the market for Bell apparently never materialized. 
Those who said that the talk yesterday of Bell getting interest from the Ravens, Bears, etc. now must have been put out there by Bell's side to try and drum up interest.
4 years for $52.5? That is an unreal deal for the Jets. And for Bell? Hopefully he comes in with a chip on his shoulder that he is pissed that the rest of the league wouldn't pony up higher offers.
Glad I stayed up!!

And when he holds out in two years he will probably be pretty much done so we can let him walk. Good job Macc.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

If you say make or break this move could be a huge make maybe more significant than any acquisition  of any team in all of free agency. Last time we went to playoffs was with a productive power back in Thomas Jones. This guy is a lot better than Jones. When Sam checks one down to him he can and will get extra yardage to keep drives going, keep the D off the field and increase the team’s time of possession. I’m stoked by this move.

Watching his highlights the past few days he is a tremendous player. But Pitt’s OL was very strong. We still need at least one more stud on the line.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

4 hours ago, 7561526667 said:

WOW! The Jets played this one as good as anyone could've hoped for. The shocker in this is that the market for Bell apparently never materialized. 

Those who said that the talk yesterday of Bell getting interest from the Ravens, Bears, etc. now must have been put out there by Bell's side to try and drum up interest.

4 years for $52.5? That is an unreal deal for the Jets. And for Bell? Hopefully he comes in with a chip on his shoulder that he is pissed that the rest of the league wouldn't pony up higher offers.

Glad I stayed up!!

It's an even better deal than it looks, because the Jets can now cut Crowell and save 8M in cash and cap space over the next two years (3M/5M in cap), meaning the net cost for Bell (the extra we pay to have him instead of Crowell) is 4 for 42.5,

Lovely

6 hours ago, jeremy2020 said:

I can see how this statement couldn't be contained in the existing bell thread.

Like people want to search 20 pages in to the previous thread to find the point where Bell was signed so they can read posts about it.   

I went to bed last night thinking Bell was going to the Raiders or Ravens. Woke up this morning to a nice surprise. Is he a risk? Of course he is. I know when I see my brother in law he will rip me a new one and bitch about Bell's a cancer and you can put any decent RB out there and still be productive as long as you have a good OL. There's one thing to keep in mind... you need playmakers to win in the NFL and thats something that the Jets have sorely lacked on offense. Good move Macc!

Archived