Trade Candidates

WayneChrebet80

One guy I would look into is AJ Bouye. Jacksonville would save $8MM in cap space by trading him and his contract is pretty reasonable at 13.5MM for the next three years (age 28, 29, 30) with little guaranteed $. 

Marcus Peters is another option as the Rams may want to unload him after a bad year in 2018. 

But seriously, what other salary dumps are out there that can maybe help on the o-line? We may even make trades during day 3 of the draft after a team draft’s a replacement and is willing to deal someone for a pick ASAP. Sucks that we really won’t knkw until the draft is over. Just wish I had an idea. 

Feel like Lee could be a piece moved along with a mid round pick in a trade like this that could net us something good. I'm not sure Buoye gets moved though with Foles in the fold there. I think they believe the only reason they sucked last year was because of Bortles, which IMO, is not the case.

52 minutes ago, Stark said:

could we just send Lee and the 3rd, lol... I think Williams in the Defense could be good. 

That’s what people don’t get. Let get rid of a solid player that isn’t playing as good as his draft spot and create another hole. And he might be good in the new defense. 

1 hour ago, Lupz27 said:

Call TB offer Lee, Leo, and a 3rd for Mike Evans.

yeah it'd be more like #3, a 3rd, Leo and Robbie for Evans and #5. Evans is the most durable elite WR in the league we'll have to pay a hefty price for him but If the deal is something like i think, I would make the trade

7 hours ago, DJF71 said:

So we want Peters who has had two bad years in a row.

I don't think he has had two bad years in a row.  PFF had him at 14th in 2017.  He is tough to gauge because I think they just stuck him on the left and teams just threw against Nelson and whoever else.  He did still get targeted a bunch, especially early on in his career.  He gave up a bunch of yards and TDs, but had a ton of picks.  He finished last year pretty strong after a very slow start. 

Marcus-Peters-LAR_Coverage-Stats-by-Week

19 minutes ago, New York Mick said:

That’s what people don’t get. Let get rid of a solid player that isn’t playing as good as his draft spot and create another hole. And he might be good in the new defense. 

@Lupz27 is usually one of the more level headed posters here. I don't know if he's being dead serious or not. 

I would love Mike Evans. But I'd also be okay with shipping Lee and a pick anywhere and keeping williams, especially if it meant getting an AJ Green or somehow a Mike Evans. I do think we need to get a good receiver to add. Bell plus a legit WR and Sam will have a nice compliment of players. Still need so OLine help but thats a good start. Mac can then sign/Draft OL

1 minute ago, Stark said:

@Lupz27 is usually one of the more level headed posters here. I don't know if he's being dead serious or not. 

I would love Mike Evans. But I'd also be okay with shipping Lee and a pick anywhere and keeping williams, especially if it meant getting an AJ Green or somehow a Mike Evans. I do think we need to get a good receiver to add. Bell plus a legit WR and Sam will have a nice compliment of players. Still need so OLine help but thats a good start. Mac can then sign/Draft OL

No I’m dead serious, Lee is not coming back, a 3rd round pick in Macc’s hands drafting another 3rd round most likely bust WR, and the deal is essentially Evans for Leo, Evans is signed long term on a friendly deal, and Leo is already being asked contract questions last season, so IF he does have a big year he is gonna want 20+ million per, and a possible sh*tty situation.

I’d wager A LOT of $$$$$$$ not one real NFL decision maker would EVER make that trade from TB’s side except maybe Todd Bowles ?????

5 minutes ago, Stark said:

Oh and FYI comparing AJ Green long term to M Evans is not close to fair.  Mike Evans IS AS valuable as ODB Jr. if not more because of his fair contract, and lack of on, and off field antics.

1 minute ago, Lupz27 said:

Oh and FYI comparing AJ Green long term to M Evans is not close to fair.  Mike Evans IS AS valuable as ODB Jr. if not more because of his fair contract, and lack of on, and off field antics.

Im not disagreeing with you here. I was saying trade Lee for Green. There are really only 3 other WR's I would want...

Hopkins, Julio, and Evans. We are on the same page

Rodney Hudson was PFF #4 rated Center. He’s young and has experience playing beside KO. He has one final year on his deal and the Raiders/Jets “could still be in talks”. 

Could another pick swap be in the works? Maybe w a Darron Lee kicker. 

3 minutes ago, Stark said:

Im not disagreeing with you here. I was saying trade Lee for Green. There are really only 3 other WR's I would want...

Hopkins, Julio, and Evans. We are on the same page

Yeah so I’m saying giving up that package for Evans helps Darnold, Bell, Q, and Robbie for the next 4 years while Darnold is cheap, and the Jets can afford to still have a high priced defense to go along with this, AJ Green would be a great 1 year pickup if he came on the cheap compensation wise, but Evans is on the level of L Bell, and ODB as difference makers still young in his prime, and locked up for Darnolds rookie deal.

Some of you guys are funny. Tampa and Arians are not trading Mike Evans, Period. 

Denver and Elway are not trading Von Miller, Period. 

AJ Green is an interesting trade prospect but I honestly don’t want players over 30 unless it’s a dire need (center this year maybe). Let our young guys (Quincy and Robbie and Crowder) step up. I agree I ideally want a #1 WR but maybe we have to wait a year for that guy. I want someone who is under 27,  not going on 31-32. 

Rodney Hudson is also interesting. While I like him and his age, you going to have to pay that man his money - top paid center in the league. We can afford it but long term, once again the jets highest paid players will be a center, a mlb, and a safety soon. With no long term left tackle signed, no #1 WR, no #1 corner, and as of now no elite pass rusher (maybe we draft one). Not the team I want to build. 

AJ Bouye - I agree he would be a good target but also assume Jags are in their window and are not sellers. 

3 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Oh plz oh plz oh plz oh plz 

The Jets should be in on E Thomas, trade Adams to the Browns if they are in need of a SS, hell throw in Marcus Maye to he can sit in their PUP list all season instead of the Jets.

See here’s what you do. You wait until the trade deadline and you see which teams have the worst records in the league. It will usually be the Cardinals, Raiders, and, of course the Jets. Then you just trade your draft picks for theirs. Because even though they’re going to be higher, the teams that have dumb AI that makes them lose football games also have dumb AI that makes them lose trades. You can get top five picks for two low seconds from these idiots. You do this over and over again until you have like six high first rounders. You take Matt Leinart and Reggie Bush and D’Brick and Mario and they all import as like 85s. FOOTBALL.

Archived