Report: Jets have reached out to Justin Houston (and possibly C John Sullivan)

jetscrazey

18 minutes ago, Jetsplayer21 said:

Mac better attend to the OL before he blows all $$ on D as usual 

I agree, but one thing that helps is Sammy make even the Oline we had look a lot better than QBs like McCown, and Fitzidiot do. You could see in many plays/games where Darnold moves very well within the confines with the line we had. But, even after getting the new starting LG, we need to get a serviceable Center and dedicate darfating OL at OT and C into build it.

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, CanadaSteve said:

So the best running back in the league, a top guard, a solid slot receiver and a special teams WR is not enough so far?

Got it.

lol sadly no. Not if you are the ny jets who have severely ignored the O past 10 years. A top guard with injury isssues we got for nothing. You are not in favor of having at least a league average OL??

1 minute ago, bitonti said:

john sullivan sucks at this point he should retire 

houston would be an Ok signing  i guess

Barr got physically sick after agreeing to the Jets 

he should try rooting for this franchise for a few decades 

Thanks for the positivity, as usual. How Barr reacted is on Barr. He's such a pussy that he couldn't bear the idea of facing the Patriots twice a year? Or being an edge rusher? Vikings can keep him/

5 minutes ago, UnknownJetFan said:

I agree, but one thing that helps is Sammy make even the Oline we had look a lot better than QBs like McCown, and Fitzidiot do. You could see in many plays/games where Darnold moves very well within the confines with the line we had. But, even after getting the new starting LG, we need to get a serviceable Center and dedicate darfating OL at OT and C into build it.

Yes agree. Imagine how much better he can be with a decent OL?‍♂️And bell, who had a great OL in Pitt. Good Wideouts to open field up for him. He had to know his numbers would take a hit coming here to this current jet offense

5 minutes ago, bitonti said:

More like Barr was a vagina who pulled a scumbag move.  I mean a lot of Viking fans were thrilled he came back

3 minutes ago, Long Island Leprechaun said:

Thanks for the positivity, as usual. How Barr reacted is on Barr. He's such a pussy that he couldn't bear the idea of facing the Patriots twice a year? Or being an edge rusher? Vikings can keep him/

thanks for the homerism. 

Jordan Jenkins, Frankie Luvu and Brandon Coupland are the pass rush 

not exactly the sack exchange 

Getting Bell, Mosely, Crowder and KO helps but this team still sucks crap thru a straw until proven otherwise 

Just now, Jets723 said:

More like Barr was a vagina who pulled a scumbag move.  I mean a lot of Viking fans were thrilled he came back

Antoine Winfield did the same thing after BUF and played 9 seasons in Minny 

just cause a guy doesn't sign with the Jets doesn't automatically mean they suck 

if you have to think that to feel better, that's fine i guess but let's live in reality 

barr is a good player when we thought he was signing he's still the same exact player 

2 minutes ago, bitonti said:

just cause a guy doesn't sign with the Jets doesn't automatically mean they suck 

if you have to think that to feel better, that's fine i guess but let's live in reality 

barr is a good player when we thought he was signing he's still the same exact player 

No one said he sucked, just that he’s a bitch.

2 minutes ago, bitonti said:

thanks for the homerism. 

Getting Bell, Mosely, Crowder and KO helps but this team still sucks crap thru a straw until proven otherwise 

What sucks is that during the time Barr was committed to the Jets the next two  best edge players went to GB. 

I dont think its a smart move to pay older guys like Houston and Ansah 

11 minutes ago, CanadaSteve said:

So the best running back in the league, a top guard, a solid slot receiver and a special teams WR is not enough so far?

Got it.

When did the Jets get Todd Gurley? Anyway, the Jets have done okay to improve the offense. Problem is that it hinges on the team being perfectly healthy and more than one guy on that side of the ball have injury issues. And they still lack for talent. They have improved the offense from bottom of the league to somewhere in the 20s. 

That said, what no one is saying is that we all hope Sam takes a big leap forward and continues the progress shown toward the end of last season. Any steps backwards nullifies any and all free agency signings. I don’t think it’ll happen. I think he will progress, but it wouldn’t be the first time a QB had a sophomore slump. 

4 minutes ago, bitonti said:

So you think its right to make a agreement with a team then suddenly pull out which could of possibly screwing our plans up?  Plenty of players use teams as leverage but they dont make a commitment then break it. Secondly never said he wasnt a good player but his actions make him untruthworthy so im fine with him not here. Got Mosley anyway

I don't know what Sullivan has left in the tank as far as being a top-flight center goes... But he is vocal as hell and will get the guys lined up. His leadership and game smarts make the people around him better... Again that doesn't always translate to being productive, but it would be nice to have someone on the line like that.

Between him and Mosley we'd have some really field generals on both sides of the ball. 

8 minutes ago, kdels62 said:

Sullivan I understand but why not Houston?

Houston has too much mileage on him.  Plus it will lull Maccagnan into thinking he solved edge rusher, and make him feel good about drafting Quinnen Williams at 3.  I feel like if edge isn’t solved in FA, it will force him to draft it.  

18 minutes ago, Long Island Leprechaun said:

Sullivan would be a depth signing at this stage. If money is reasonable, he'd be a security blanket.

We were better off with Spencer Long in that role. Let's see what Sullivan or Wisniewski costs.  

2 minutes ago, sec101row23 said:

Houston has too much mileage on him.  Plus it will lull Maccagnan into thinking he solved edge rusher, and make him feel good about drafting Quinnen Williams at 3.  I feel like if edge isn’t solved in FA, it will force him to draft it.  

He had 18.5 sacks the past 2 seasons . I would gladly add that too this team . And still draft josh Allen if that’s who they covet . U can never have enough passs rushers 

5 minutes ago, DMan77 said:

I don't know what Sullivan has left in the tank as far as being a top-flight center goes... But he is vocal as hell and will get the guys lined up. 

john sullivan got his name called once in the Super Bowl it was for holding on Todd Gurley's only decent run of the night. 

it doesn't sound like much but in a 3-3 game that's a dagger to ballsack 

he's completely done and should be retired. 

Just now, sec101row23 said:

I actually don't think that Mac would draft Quinnen at 3.  People will flip out.  I cynically believe that cutting Long and signing Bell were in large part based on fan pressure.  

Mac has to take an EDGE at 3, if one is there.  We drafted 3 great IDL and still lost plenty.  I actually think that we are better off taking a real EDGE at 3, hoping a C drops to the 3rd round and signing Daryl Williams and Wisniewski than trading down for more picks.  

But if we traded down for more picks and could pick up a Jawaan, Center and maybe WR, it would not be a bad thing.

I am thinking there is a plan here.  Or at least hoping.  

1 minute ago, sec101row23 said:

Too much mileage? he is 30. Edge Rushers do just fine between 30-33. 

Just now, bitonti said:

john sullivan got his name called once in the Super Bowl it was for holding on Todd Gurley's only decent run of the night. 

lol hes completely done and should be retired because of one holding call? Tough crowd.

23 minutes ago, bitonti said:

The Jets flu!

4 minutes ago, sec101row23 said:

Just now, varjet said:

I actually don't think that Mac would draft Quinnen at 3.  People will flip out. 

I'm going on record the Jets will be lucky if Williams is on the board at 3

this is not a player we the fans should be worried about them taking 

he's the best Alabama defensive lineman for a generation and that program sends 1st and 2nd rounders every year 

Q williams is not a worst case scenario it's actually a value pick at 3. 

He could be gone leaving Bosa, which also would be fine. 

2 minutes ago, varjet said:

I actually don't think that Mac would draft Quinnen at 3.  People will flip out.  I cynically believe that cutting Long and signing Bell were in large part based on fan pressure.  

Mac has to take an EDGE at 3, if one is there.  We drafted 3 great IDL and still lost plenty.  I actually think that we are better off taking a real EDGE at 3, hoping a C drops to the 3rd round and signing Daryl Williams and Wisniewski than trading down for more picks.  

But if we traded down for more picks and could pick up a Jawaan, Center and maybe WR, it would not be a bad thing.

I am thinking there is a plan here.  Or at least hoping.  

Hopefully you are right.  

3 minutes ago, MDL_JET said:

lol hes completely done and should be retired because of one holding call? Tough crowd.

he's 33 years old in his 11th season he's holding because he's done 

that's older than Mangold when he retired btw 

Just now, bitonti said:

I'm going on record the Jets will be lucky if Williams is on the board at 3

this is not a player we the fans should be worried about them taking 

he's the best Alabama defensive lineman for a generation and that program sends 1st and 2nd rounders every year 

Q williams is not a worst case scenario it's actually a value pick at 3. 

He could be gone leaving Bosa, which also would be fine. 

People carry baggage of Dewayne Robertson and think that the position isn't as important as an edge rusher. This guy isn't good, he is a beast. A game changer. You can be a game changer from the inside, just ask the Rams. 

Personally, I rank Allen/Bosa/Williams about the same. All 3 should be great. After that the draft takes a BIG drop off. Not that those other guys can't be great or even better than Allen/Bosa/Williams, it's just those 3 have very little chance of being busts and have very high chances of being pro bowlers. 

6 minutes ago, bitonti said:

Did you take a close look at the play? There was no hold. It was an NFL ref blowing a kiss to Bill Belichick. Although I agree with you that Sullivan is washed up. Macc is a complete failure if he has to resort to signing him to fill the Jets' center hole.

19 minutes ago, bitonti said:

thanks for the homerism. 

A little balance would have helped your otherwise pessimistic snarkiness. Mosely and Bell are major improvements for the Jets. Osemele is a jump from Carpenter. No question the Jets are far from filling all the gaps, but I think you should at least wait until the draft to argue about who will be our pass rush. If they land Houston and draft Bosa or Allen, which are certainly possible, the Jets will have a very strong pass rush.... maybe even a new "Sack Exchange." Lets see all the pieces before we join the Barr "I'm sick" crowd.

Archived