jetscrazey

Report: Jets have reached out to Justin Houston (and possibly C John Sullivan)

1 minute ago, bitonti said:

I'm going on record the Jets will be lucky if Williams is on the board at 3

this is not a player we the fans should be worried about them taking 

he's the best Alabama defensive lineman for a generation and that program sends 1st and 2nd rounders every year 

Q williams is not a worst case scenario it's actually a value pick at 3. 

He could be gone leaving Bosa, which also would be fine. 

I think San Fran takes Q. Williams, which is fine.  Edge has been and continues to get ignored in the draft by this franchise.  They need to finally address this.  IMO Bosa will be sitting there at 3. 

Just now, JoJoTownsell1 said:

People carry baggage of Dewayne Robertson and think that the position isn't as important as an edge rusher. This guy isn't good, he is a beast. A game changer. You can be a game changer from the inside, just ask the Rams. 

Personally, I rank Allen/Bosa/Williams about the same. All 3 should be great. After that the draft takes a BIG drop off. Not that those other guys can't be great or even better than Allen/Bosa/Williams, it's just those 3 have very little chance of being busts and have very high chances of being pro bowlers. 

Looking at the sack list most of the leaders are coming from the DT interior DE positions guys like Chris Jones KC and Jonathan Allen WAS. You're absolutely correct edge rush almost doesn't get there as much anymore because of how fast the ball is delivered. Certainly Tom Brady doesn't let it get there. 

Personally I rank Williams and Bosa on a tier above Allen. Fans want Josh Allen to be Lawrence Taylor because of need. He's a real good prospect he's just not Bosa or Q level good. if Kyler goes 1 somehow they won't take Josh Allen. Even with this Barr disaster. 

19 minutes ago, WayneChrebet80 said:

What sucks is that during the time Barr was committed to the Jets the next two  best edge players went to GB. 

I dont think its a smart move to pay older guys like Houston and Ansah 

Yep. Barr really screwed us more ways than one.

2 minutes ago, BroadwayRay said:

Did you take a close look at the play? There was no hold. It was an NFL ref blowing a kiss to Bill Belichick. Although I agree with you that Sullivan is washed up. Macc is a complete failure if he has to resort to signing him to fill the Jets' center hole.

Oh yeah I saw it just like everyone else you're right he was a BS call but guess what if a 33 year old doesn't get the benefit of the doubt what's his value exactly? 

I'll say it again he's a year older than Mangold when he retired. 

When did the Jets get Todd Gurley? Anyway, the Jets have done okay to improve the offense. Problem is that it hinges on the team being perfectly healthy and more than one guy on that side of the ball have injury issues. And they still lack for talent. They have improved the offense from bottom of the league to somewhere in the 20s. 

That said, what no one is saying is that we all hope Sam takes a big leap forward and continues the progress shown toward the end of last season. Any steps backwards nullifies any and all free agency signings. I don’t think it’ll happen. I think he will progress, but it wouldn’t be the first time a QB had a sophomore slump. 

Bell:

2018 N/A

2× First-team All-Pro (2014, 2017)

2015 3 game suspension/MCL

Second-team All-Pro (2016)

Gurley:

2× First-team All-Pro (2017, 2018)

2016 Bad year

Second-team All-Pro (2015)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Allen is the guy that I *liked*.  Don't hate his school. The description is what I want.  Watching him play he seemed good but he sure did not blow me away.  

9 minutes ago, MDL_JET said:

lol hes completely done and should be retired because of one holding call? Tough crowd.

Wait... a holding call Against a NE Patriots opponent?? 🙄

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, bitonti said:

I'm going on record the Jets will be lucky if Williams is on the board at 3

this is not a player we the fans should be worried about them taking 

he's the best Alabama defensive lineman for a generation and that program sends 1st and 2nd rounders every year 

Q williams is not a worst case scenario it's actually a value pick at 3. 

He could be gone leaving Bosa, which also would be fine. 

Is your Draft top 3 Q Williams, Bosa, Allen?

43 minutes ago, Barkus said:

I’ll take What Does T0mshane do to himself in his bathroom? for $1,000 Alex.

If it was only the bathroom it wouldn't be so bad.  Obviously you didn't watch the Macy's parade 

Both would be fine signings with Houston being a significantly better one

12 minutes ago, sec101row23 said:

I think San Fran takes Q. Williams, which is fine.  Edge has been and continues to get ignored in the draft by this franchise.  They need to finally address this.  IMO Bosa will be sitting there at 3. 

I hope so. They may find pairing Williams with Buckner on the inside too enticing to pass on.

I know you’re not high on signing Houston, but on a 2-3 year deal I think it would be a solid pickup.

A LB corps of Bosa, Mosley, Williamson, and Houston would be pretty damn sweet.

11 minutes ago, bitonti said:

Looking at the sack list most of the leaders are coming from the DT interior DE positions guys like Chris Jones KC and Jonathan Allen WAS. You're absolutely correct edge rush almost doesn't get there as much anymore because of how fast the ball is delivered. Certainly Tom Brady doesn't let it get there. 

Personally I rank Williams and Bosa on a tier above Allen. Fans want Josh Allen to be Lawrence Taylor because of need. He's a real good prospect he's just not Bosa or Q level good. if Kyler goes 1 somehow they won't take Josh Allen. Even with this Barr disaster. 

Q and Bosa there at 3.. Who would you take?

• Upvote 1

50 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

What are we going to do with Bo Callahan when we already have Darnold. 

Trade him to the Seahawks for a boatload of picks + David Putney. 

So Sullivan was the Center for one of the best offenses in the NFL and trusted by Sean McVay to start in the Super Bowl......but he’s not good enough as a 1-2 year stopgap for the New York Jets as they look for their long term answer at the position?  Got it.  Am I in a bizarro world?  Is this the Upside Down?

• Upvote 1
  • Like 2

25 minutes ago, WayneChrebet80 said:

What sucks is that during the time Barr was committed to the Jets the next two  best edge players went to GB. 

I dont think its a smart move to pay older guys like Houston and Ansah 

I read that Perry is might re-sign back there too. 

1 minute ago, jetstream23 said:

So Sullivan was the Center for one of the best offenses in the NFL and trusted by Sean McVay to start in the Super Bowl......but he’s not good enough as a 1-2 year stopgap for the New York Jets as they look for their long term answer at the position?  Got it.  Am I in a bizarro world?  Is this the Upside Down?

I'm fine with Sullivan as long as it isn't one of these big money/longer deals that Macc is handing out these last 2 days. 1-2 year deal, no dead money on the back end...ok

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

Bosa is the best player in this draft, period.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

Is your Draft top 3 Q Williams, Bosa, Allen?

10 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

To be clear I'd be thrilled with either it would be a great problem to have 

but I take Williams over Bosa and it's because of Durability 

both bosa bros are like sportscars always in the shop. but again I'd be super psyched if the Jets took Bosa at 3.

If kyler goes 1 this could all set up nicely. 

4 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

So Sullivan was the Center for one of the best offenses in the NFL and trusted by Sean McVay to start in the Super Bowl...... 

pretty much. He stayed a year too long in this league let's not make it 2. 

54 minutes ago, bitonti said:

john sullivan sucks at this point he should retire 

houston would be an Ok signing  i guess

Barr got physically sick after agreeing to the Jets 

he should try rooting for this franchise for a few decades 

Sullivan was the starting center for the #3 rush attack and #5 pass attack in the league. How bad can he suck? I never paid any attention to him but he didn't seem to drag the Rams offense down any. 

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

didn't see this until after I commented. I agree with the logic here.

both bosa bros are like sportscars always in the shop. but again I'd be super psyched if the Jets took Bosa at 3.

True but I could see Bosa being sick with the Jets. I sure hope he gets picked if there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

Sullivan was the starting center for the #3 rush attack and #5 pass attack in the league. How bad can he suck? I never paid any attention to him but he didn't seem to drag the Rams offense down any. 

guys go over the hill fast and they don't come back 

i'll say it a 3rd time cause it bears saying

Sullivan at 33 is a year older than Mangold who retired at 32 

• Upvote 2

When are we gonna learn that the jets don’t leak unless they actually want it to leak.

This is more likely a bunch of crap being thrown at the wall to see if anything sticks. Educated guesses they may be but I believe nothing anymore.
Once crack head bob’s paradis tip went south, I lost faith in the inside scoop.

I’ll believe this stuff when I see it.

Is it 4pm yet??????

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

8 minutes ago, bitonti said:

guys go over the hill fast and they don't come back 

i'll say it a 3rd time cause it bears saying

Sullivan at 33 is a year older than Mangold who retired at 32 

Is your statement that "he sucks at this point" solely based on his age? I get that father time is undefeated but everyone is hit differently and at different times. 

1 minute ago, Barry McCockinner said:

Is your statement that "he sucks at this point" solely based on his age? I get that father time is undefeated but everyone is hit differently and at different times. 

I watch every snap of every offensive lineman weeks 1-17 for a writing job. it's not just reading his age on a website (although that does help) He's done. 

side note another way of saying what you guys just said is

despite being part of the LA Rams #3 and #5 whatever attack they didn't want John Sullivan back 

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, GREENBEAN said:

When are we gonna learn that the jets don’t leak unless they actually want it to leak.

This is more likely a bunch of crap being thrown at the wall to see if anything sticks. Educated guesses they may be but I believe nothing anymore.
Once crack head bob’s paradis tip went south, I lost faith in the inside scoop.

I’ll believe this stuff when I see it.

Is it 4pm yet??????

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

Well I think we found your problem

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

What are we going to do with Bo Callahan when we already have Darnold. 

You're watching too many movies. lol

10 minutes ago, bitonti said:

I watch every snap of every offensive lineman weeks 1-17 for a writing job. it's not just reading his age on a website (although that does help) He's done. 

side note another way of saying what you guys just said is

despite being part of the LA Rams #3 and #5 whatever attack they didn't want John Sullivan back 

Fair point about the Rams not wanting him back but they also have almost no cap space and Goff on the last year of his rookie deal.

41 minutes ago, Sammybighead said:

Bosa is the best player in this draft, period.

100% true but Bit makes points of the same concerns I have.

40 minutes ago, bitonti said:

Fair enough. By draft night I will be ok with either.  I will be keeping my chubby fingers as close to cross that I could for a trade down and a couple plug and play offensive lineman. Get the most out of Le'Veons price tag and help Sammy be the Sammy we need him to be.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Trade him to the Seahawks for a boatload of picks + David Putney. 

Well as long as we get Putney then okay. 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, DjHoldyHold said:

Any idea how much Houston is looking for. Fowler went for about 14 mil. and Dee Ford went for around 17. 

Given his age and the number of teams looking to acquire a pass rusher starting to dry up, I imagine he can probably be had on a 2 or 3 year deal for $11-12M per.