Report: Jets have reached out to Justin Houston (and possibly C John Sullivan)

jetscrazey

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

trade down would be nice but is most likely not going to happen. 

the Jets plan should be Williams or Bosa at 3 and double dip on OL in rd 3. guys like

Garrett Bradbury, NC State and David Edwards, Wis 

it wouldn't be Mangold and Dbrick exactly but it would be a start 

41 minutes ago, bitonti said:

Adam Gase is like 3 months older than me 

since 2013 I write for a website called footballguys.com, grading and regrading the OL every week of the preseason and regular season

it's not much but it's honest work 

Love the site... been using it for years.

13 minutes ago, bitonti said:

the Jets plan should be Williams or Bosa at 3 and double dip on OL in rd 3. guys like

I agree with this... This is the way to go but I don't think Bradbury drops that far.

I guess it has been so long since I have seen us draft OL, so 3rd round centers that you guys mention, they would be day 1 starters, expected to be at least average? If so I would thinkg Bosa/allen in the 1st and 2 of them would be great. Signing Bell, crowder really with that does makes some sense and almost makes me think Mac Daddy planed it.

And we are light years ahead with better qb play thna last year. 

15 minutes ago, bitonti said:

amazing how you don't realize how you good you git it till its gone. mangold and brick were solid fixtures for years 

4 minutes ago, BornJetsFan1983 said:

I guess it has been so long since I have seen us draft OL, so 3rd round centers that you guys mention, they would be day 1 starters, expected to be at least average? If so I would thinkg Bosa/allen in the 1st and 2 of them would be great. Signing Bell, crowder really with that does makes some sense and almost makes me think Mac Daddy planed it.

And we are light years ahead with better qb play thna last year. 

The top 4-5 Centers will go in the first 2 rounds. If we want one it'll have to be with a trade up or trade down.

6 minutes ago, bitonti said:

I am starting to come around to this very real possibility also. They will NOT find a trading partner willing to give them a decent deal. So it will be either of the big 3, Bosa, Q, or Josh. Not a bad problem to have. But then do OL, WR, etc. Those 2 picks in round 3 are critical, especially our 3rd rounder, which is an early 3rd rounder pick.

besides Stefen and Travis Swanson, here's another FA Hold the fort name to throw out there: 

Nick Easton, Minnesota

PROS, he's 27, experience at center and guard.

playing real well before last year's injury

if it worked out it would be a FU for Anthony Barr 

CONS, not overly huge 6-3 303,

from football factory Harvard

and the herniated disk which sounds scary but no scarier than Travis Swanson's concussions and basically all these guys have had injuries

5 minutes ago, choon328 said:

The top 4-5 Centers will go in the first 2 rounds. If we want one it'll have to be with a trade up or trade down.

someone will probably drop tho... not everyone needs centers as bad as the NYJ do. McCoy might be the only one off the board they could have their pick of several

2 minutes ago, Adoni Beast said:

Go oooon...

the jags OL was so decimated with injuries last season but he did a fine job when named starter. SSS but in 2017 he started 4 games and fournette had 180 yards rushing vs PIT & 130 on the rams (was out the following 2) and PFF had him rated #26 last year but not sure if that’s including at both C & G

https://www.profootballfocus.com/nfl/players/tyler-shatley/9257

17 hours ago, bitonti said:

since 2013 I write for a website called footballguys.com, grading and regrading the OL every week of the preseason and regular season

I was busy yesterday but I was meaning to reply to this. I didn't mean you were young. I figured you only did that because of your passion for football, which reminded me of a young Gase coming up to where he is now. Gase's work ethic and passion led him from student assistant on Nick Saban's staff at Michigan State to head coach in the NFL. Gase has a nutcase like work ethic. Example: Adam Gase in Detroit as a scouting assistant made film cutups of every single play of the Rams Greatest Show on Turf for Mike Martz, which led to a promotion to offensive assistant with Martz.

18 hours ago, bitonti said:

What are your thoughts about Jon Toth?  Was considered a 3rd or 4th round possibility a couple of years ago until he had a back procedure .  I believe the Jets signed him to a futures contract.

18 hours ago, choon328 said:

Aren't we trying to shop Darron?

Maybe get a 2nd or 3rd for him or trade for a Center?

18 hours ago, choon328 said:

5 Centers in the first 2 rounds? No way.  I'll buy 3.  Unfortunately, I think we will have to get higher than the top 4 or 5 if we want a plug and play starter.

14 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

5 Centers in the first 2 rounds? No way.  I'll buy 3.  Unfortunately, I think we will have to get higher than the top 4 or 5 if we want a plug and play starter.

Honestly, we have to trade down and get a second now. We need Elgton Jenkins or the guy from N.C

4 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

They are not cutting Lee.  Maybe during the offseason, but there is no reason to cut the guy.  He won't get any money until 2020.

how about trading him for a 4th or a 5th? He's cheap enough so that there has got to be some team out there willing to do that. 

40 minutes ago, Joejet said:

What are your thoughts about Jon Toth?  Was considered a 3rd or 4th round possibility a couple of years ago until he had a back procedure .  I believe the Jets signed him to a futures contract.

Toth is an interesting dude, spent time on both Jets and Eagles P squad. At 6'5" he has size for the center position and experience 48 games started in the SEC. 

that being said not a special athlete and injuries are always tough to predict, some guys like Gronk were so injured coming out of school I thought he'd play 5 years tops. Back surgeries are much better than they used to be, bottom line. 

If I were toth's agent I'd be psyched because there's no better place for a long shot center to be than in NY right now. We can fantasize about it but Mac doesn't use top 100 draft picks on linemen. Gase also prefers free agents or undrafted types. 

One way forward (for him) is they sign Sitton, move Winters to center, he sucks at it or gets hurt again, Jon Harrison also sucks and then it's Toth time. It's not that unrealistic of a scenario. For the Jets if Jon Toth sees snaps this season they grossly mismanaged the center spot again. I suspect Travis Swanson will play before any of these names. 

1 hour ago, playtowinthegame said:

I figured you only did that because of your passion for football, which reminded me of a young Gase 

all good. I'm passionate about the offensive line. It's a misunderstood position and fanbases tend to blame all the teams' woes on the line. Sometimes it's true but other times it's because the fans, beat writers and coaches don't want to ask the tough questions.

For example Giants fans with Eli or Titans fans with Mariota. What kind of fanbase watches the GM spend a first on Taylor Lewan a first on Jack Conklin, bring in Ben Jones at center and then complains about the line sucking. No dude. it's not the line. 

to be honest it's more enjoyable for me to watch the line breakdowns on gamepass and coaches cam on Tuesdays to watch the actual Jets play on Sundays and root like a fan. The Jets have broken my fan passion, replaced it with a dull sadness. Like a man who's had 3 vasectomies 

SNIP SNAP SNIP SNAP! the physical toll  

49 minutes ago, bitonti said:

I suspect Travis Swanson will play before any of these names. 

Do you mean with the Jets or in general?  Is he signed?  I thought he was still with the Dolphins.  Interesting name.  Maccagnan obviously likes him.  He brought him in last year.  Gase probably does too, they had him in after the Jets cut him. 

14 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

Do you mean with the Jets or in general?  Is he signed?  I thought he was still with the Dolphins.  Interesting name.  Maccagnan obviously likes him.  He brought him in last year.  Gase probably does too, they had him in after the Jets cut him. 

Swanson's a free agent as is Wesley Johnson as of today

1 hour ago, bitonti said:

all good. I'm passionate about the offensive line. It's a misunderstood position and fanbases tend to blame all the teams' woes on the line. Sometimes it's true but other times it's because the fans, beat writers and coaches don't want to ask the tough questions.

For example Giants fans with Eli or Titans fans with Mariota. What kind of fanbase watches the GM spend a first on Taylor Lewan a first on Jack Conklin, bring in Ben Jones at center and then complains about the line sucking. No dude. it's not the line. 

to be honest it's more enjoyable for me to watch the line breakdowns on gamepass and coaches cam on Tuesdays to watch the actual Jets play on Sundays and root like a fan. The Jets have broken my fan passion, replaced it with a dull sadness. Like a man who's had 3 vasectomies 

SNIP SNAP SNIP SNAP! the physical toll  

Three?!?  One was plenty for me!

1 hour ago, Dcat said:

how about trading him for a 4th or a 5th? He's cheap enough so that there has got to be some team out there willing to do that. 

Maybe if he came with no baggage, but he had that drunken nonsense where Leo had to intervene and then went and got suspended for a dirty urine. Couple that with below average play for his career and I think we would be lucky to get a 5th or 6th.

4 hours ago, #27TheDominator said:

Jenkins, McCoy, Jordan and Bradbury will all be gone before round 3 in my opinion. A couple may go in the first round bc of their position versatility. The rest of the Center prospects are not plug and play.

Archived