Myers moving on

prime21

33 minutes ago, bitonti said:

Jason Myers will hit a 60 yard FG into the wind and then 2xp in the same game 

it sucks to lose a Pro Bowl kicker but they have other issues 

I agree, but as long as we don't lose Lachlan Edwards we should be ok!   That guy is a jewel in the rough! 

The Jets will have cap space left over. 

If I was Mac I would spend some money on insurance to ensure that the Jets made the playoffs this season.

Guys like Myers, Roberts and Long could have been that type of insurance.

It appears Mac is sticking to a value chart pretty strictly.  I hope it does not backfire.  

They obviously know something because they have the money, they have to figure there's another option that is just as good out there. Besides, when your STers are your team MVPs you had a bad offensive season, I want to see TDs and not 3 pointers this year and I believe we will. 

1 hour ago, UnitedWhofans said:

I'm okay with this. Last year was a career year for Myers and kickers are a bit too unpredictable to really give a ton of cash to

I liked Myers and wanted him back but we were out of the race by October so he was kicking without any real pressure to win.  This is part of the reason why our kickers have done so well in recent years despite changing almost every year 

I don't mind not getting him, a kicker never really good to spend good draft capital or $ on. Sure he probably would have been good and maybe even really good like last year, but that what the Bears thought about Parkey and many others...its all good if it works out, but really any JAG should do. 

Now for the Kick returner i would have liked to see him back...not sure where we are with that

1 minute ago, UnitedWhofans said:

Jets also moving on from Andre Roberts. Sad, but I think Crowder can kick and punt return as well, so I dont know how much of a loss that will be

I wanted Roberts back much more than Myers, this is a little disappointing as we have waited for many years for a good return man.

why let Roberts go?  had a great year and gave the offense great field position.

Crowder returned 1 kick in his career, was 13yds

Returned punts last year avg 5.3 yds

who is going to replace him?

Roberts avg 29.4 kick return and 14.1 punt returns last year

Archived