Jump to content

Fat Mike Fran


Recommended Posts

22 minutes ago, section314 said:

Mike has never recovered from the Dog bailing on him. He has no value added whatsoever.

Alone he owned the biggest time slot on radio.  Not really true.  We just wish it were true.  He's owned the drive time slot forever.

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Greenbloodblitz said:

Cuz he's a total cancer.. football is a team sport. And unfortunately the opinionated Fatman is correct in this instance. The modern 21 year old football fan only cares about FanDuel video games and haircuts. Nobody even knows what a good football player is anymore. It's all about highlight reels and fantasy football. Unfortunately we just sign Bell who is just as big of a self-centered ass clown

The future is now old man. My goodness mike belongs in FL.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Greenbloodblitz said:

Cuz he's a total cancer.. football is a team sport. And unfortunately the opinionated Fatman is correct in this instance. The modern 21 year old football fan only cares about FanDuel video games and haircuts. Nobody even knows what a good football player is anymore. It's all about highlight reels and fantasy football. Unfortunately we just sign Bell who is just as big of a self-centered ass clown

So a guy that catches multiple TD passes in a game is why they suck. Got it. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

57 minutes ago, HelenOfTroy said:

This is all I’ve ever heard from him...kinda irritating....and he adds the dreaded “er” to some of his speech.  Would probably call me Lind-er.  Then I’d have to kill him.

 

he constantly repeats himself within the same paragraph.  I only hear him when I drive for a pizza

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, prime21 said:

He's actually praising the Jets for the Bell signing.  Ok, I love Fat Mike now.

The Jets paid market rate (less than the $14-16M some thought they’d pay) AND the Jets didn’t need to use the #2 pick in a QB loaded draft to get a RB. I love Barkley but holy smokes! If some Jets fans didn’t like a Safety at 6 then how about a RB at 2 when Sam Darnold is staring you in the face and Eli is filling out social security forms!?!??

  • Upvote 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

He's really not that bad, guys. Dog is still really good too. 

 

Don't know what you guys like but gimme these 2, Somers, John Jastremski, and Steve Torre/Danny Kannell on Sirius. Can't stand that Barstool nonsense. They rarely actually talk sports. Now get off my lawn. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, Greenbloodblitz said:

It's all about highlight reels and fantasy football. Unfortunately we just sign Bell who is just as big of a self-centered ass clown

Really based on what?  He didn't want to be tagged every season, without any long term security, used up and burned out just to be tossed aside?  Other than protecting his health and career what did he do on the field or as a Steeler that made him a self-centered ass clown.  

List all of the things he's done that says he is.  Curious

  • Upvote 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, BroadwayRay said:

There's a school of thought out there that Francessa's big mouth actually holds some influence over the Maras, and that he was one of the reasons they decided to stick with Eli and, eventually, trade Odell. Playing into this is that  Francessa and Eli, who does a weekly spot on his show during the football season, are tight. 

This podcast talks about it: 

 

 

It doesnt

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, ASH1962 said:

Why do you have to call Mike Francessa fat? I mean the fact that Mike is a big guy has no bearing on anything sports related, or anything anyone would want to read here on JN. The fact of the matter is Mike knows more about sports than most of us ever will, is undoubtedly the best in the sports radio industry, has been on NY air for 30 something years and deserves all of the accolades from his peers that he gets.

 

True, but he takes himself too seriously and can't take a goddamn joke

  • Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Fatcessa can get really sanctimonious when discussing his precious giants but in this case I agree OBJ was a pain in the ass.  I actually like what the giants got in the trade more than he does.  Peppers is going to be a major upgrade over Collins and a first and third is alot

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Francesa was wrong about Giants trading Beckham and Jets signing Bell. Listened for about 15 minutes of this idiocy today. This guy does not get the internet has made him an old babbling fool pretending he knows some inside "data" , though he woul never use the word "data'. 

Proceeded to whine about sports being about "stats and highlights" and how young people are basically fool s for thinking stats matter. Now Beckham is unquestionably a tremendous a-hole, but that kind of talent and production isn't something you can easily replace. You can put up with some a-holishness for that. Babbled about "Beckham is like Shockey and he nevah won anythin'", but Shockey was definitely on the roster if not a big part of 2 Super Bowl-winning teams. 

Ironic that the exact things he claims make Beckham such an awful guy are traits he possesses in abundance. And why someday soon FAN management will tell him to stay home altogether. Personally 15 minutes was too much. Will never bother again. There's nothing worthwhile to Francesa. 

  • Post of the Week 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, Greenbloodblitz said:

Cuz he's a total cancer.. football is a team sport. And unfortunately the opinionated Fatman is correct in this instance. The modern 21 year old football fan only cares about FanDuel video games and haircuts. Nobody even knows what a good football player is anymore. It's all about highlight reels and fantasy football. Unfortunately we just sign Bell who is just as big of a self-centered ass clown

What was it like walking miles to school every day , up hill both ways ?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, ASH1962 said:

Why do you have to call Mike Francessa fat? I mean the fact that Mike is a big guy has no bearing on anything sports related, or anything anyone would want to read here on JN. The fact of the matter is Mike knows more about sports than most of us ever will, is undoubtedly the best in the sports radio industry, has been on NY air for 30 something years and deserves all of the accolades from his peers that he gets.

 

Mike is a legend, no debate. But he’s been awful since his comeback. You can tell he doesn’t watch games anymore 

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Jet Life said:

What was it like walking miles to school every day , up hill both ways ?

Have a little respect whippersnapper. It wasn't easy back when we were kids. Raining or freezing cold every day, No such thing as summer... hell, we were lucky to have daylight once in a while!

  • Upvote 1
  • Haha 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 minutes ago, Jet Life said:

What was it like walking miles to school every day , up hill both ways ?

Actually it was pretty cool. Thinking back to the old days we were actually men we learned how to work hard, we were actually accountable good teammates we learned how to fight with our fists. Our mommies didn't drive us to school we didn't get cereal bars and we had no step daddy's to make us microwave Hot Pockets for dinner when we got home. We actually had muscles.. and we certainly didn't talk sh*t because we knew we could hide behind our little phone?

  • Upvote 2
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Greenbloodblitz said:

Actually it was pretty cool. Thinking back to the old days we were actually men we learned how to work hard, we were actually accountable good teammates we learned how to fight with our fists. Our mommies didn't drive us to school we didn't get cereal bars but I was step daddy's didn't make us microwave Hot Pockets for dinner when we got home. We actually had muscles and we certainly didn't talksh*t because we knew we could hide behind our little phone?

No cereal bars or hot pockets? Sounds awful 

  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hey all kidding aside. Fat Mike has been around for 30 years on the radio and was involved in sports for a decade before that. I agree with him that the modern-day athlete is an entitled " me " guy. It's disgraceful unfortunately. It is the complete opposite of what it takes to be a leader in a team sport. And unfortunately they're being congratulated by former players for " gettin that money". The modern-day athlete is concerned with his own brand. I'm raising three sons and I certainly don't tell them to look up to obj or Lev Bell! In fact it's the opposite and I use those guys as examples of what a true a-hole is, entitled and putting himself first and his team second. His team is only a vehicle for himself. Do you think all the guys on the Steelers we're happy that Lev Bell got that paper? Do you think all the guys in the Giants couldn't wait for obj to get the ball so he could get more endorsements? What about the guys who actually are good teammates and want to win together? Look up the definition of team... oh and by the way somebody just started a thread about antonio brown being late to his own introductory press conference SMH.

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Greenbloodblitz said:

Hey all kidding aside. Fat Mike has been around for 30 years on the radio and was involved in sports for a decade before that. I agree with him that the modern-day athlete is an entitled " me " guy. It's disgraceful unfortunately. It is the complete opposite of what it takes to be a leader in a team sport. And unfortunately they're being congratulated by former players for " gettin that money". The modern-day athlete is concerned with his own brand. I'm raising three sons and I certainly don't tell them to look up to obj or Lev Bell! In fact it's the opposite and I use those guys as examples of what a true a-hole is, entitled and putting himself first and his team second. His team is only a vehicle for himself. Do you think all the guys on the Steelers we're happy that Lev Bell got that paper? Do you think all the guys in the Giants couldn't wait for obj to get the ball so he could get more endorsements? What about the guys who actually are good teammates and want to win together? Look up the definition of team... oh and by the way somebody just started a thread about antonio brown being late to his own introductory press conference SMH.

The owners this day also make a fortune.  

I hate self centered guys but the franchise tag is communism.  A player shouldn’t be penalized and be forced to take a one year deal.  Just like we all want job security so do they.  

I’m more concerned that Bell gets suspended for something stupid.  On the field he has never been an issue. 

Beckham had some stupid on the field penalties that were unforgivable 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I dont watch his show, but agree with him to some degree.

Saying the Giants will be a better football team without OBJ is foolish, but his point about players needing conducting themselves with some degree of professionalism and decorum is spot on. You dont think the way Curtis Martin  conducted himself(the best player on the team) benefitted the locker room as a whole? Unlike Beckham Martin wasnt the most talented guy in the world, but his work ethic was second to none which allowed him to have a long career and carve out his spot in Canton. 

If you owned the Giants and this guy publicly trashed your organization a month after making him the richest player on the team you wouldnt be livid? I do think that he crossed the line and I give the Giants ownership credit for acting accordingly. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, WayneChrebet80 said:

I dont watch his show, but agree with him to some degree.

Saying the Giants will be a better football team without OBJ is foolish, but his point about players needing conducting themselves with some degree of professionalism and decorum is spot on. You dont think the way Curtis Martin  conducted himself(the best player on the team) benefitted the locker room as a whole? Unlike Beckham Martin wasnt the most talented guy in the world, but his work ethic was second to none which allowed him to have a long career and carve out his spot in Canton. 

If you owned the Giants and this guy publicly trashed your organization a month after making him the richest player on the team you wouldnt be livid? I do think that he crossed the line and I give the Giants ownership credit for acting accordingly. 

Every player is different, LT was the greatest defensive player of all time but no one would call his conduct professional.  Beckham had issues but most of them stem from playing with a bad QB that he hated playing with on a losing team.

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

30 minutes ago, nyjunc said:

Every player is different, LT was the greatest defensive player of all time but no one would call his conduct professional.  Beckham had issues but most of them stem from playing with a bad QB that he hated playing with on a losing team.

The utter and abject failure of Giants management to handle the Beckham situation from beginning to end will now be desperately re-messaged by the faithful as a deep chess move beyond the imagination of the mere duffers. Giving up a super star after signing him to a whopping contract is no plan. It's the definition of ineptitude. Imagine Beckham on the Pats. Do you really think we would have seen this circus act continue for years? Even Coughlin let Beckham get away with nonsense and looked the other way. The Giants got exactly what they deserved. Humiliation.

  • Upvote 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, Greenbloodblitz said:

Hey all kidding aside. Fat Mike has been around for 30 years on the radio and was involved in sports for a decade before that. I agree with him that the modern-day athlete is an entitled " me " guy. It's disgraceful unfortunately. It is the complete opposite of what it takes to be a leader in a team sport. And unfortunately they're being congratulated by former players for " gettin that money". The modern-day athlete is concerned with his own brand. I'm raising three sons and I certainly don't tell them to look up to obj or Lev Bell! In fact it's the opposite and I use those guys as examples of what a true a-hole is, entitled and putting himself first and his team second. His team is only a vehicle for himself. Do you think all the guys on the Steelers we're happy that Lev Bell got that paper? Do you think all the guys in the Giants couldn't wait for obj to get the ball so he could get more endorsements? What about the guys who actually are good teammates and want to win together? Look up the definition of team... oh and by the way somebody just started a thread about antonio brown being late to his own introductory press conference SMH.

Problem with this is every pro sports league now has a salary cap to artificially suppress player salaries. 

It's why the NBA is basically a soap opera until the conference finals.

It's why we just saw the Machado/Harper fiasco, of good players not getting contracts.

It's why I  as a NY Rangers fan have seen a Cup contender but 2 years ago  be dismantled because of the cap.

And why in the NFL and all sports the players believe rightly they have to fight foe every dime. Average career is less than 3 years, and they don't count PS time toward a pension nor health care vesting. NFL is also the only league that doesn't guarantee salaries. 

No North American pro sports franchise in the 4 major leagues has gone bankrupt since the NHL Cleveland Barons in 1976. The entire country has been homogenized and in some ways like taxes and cost of living big markets is no longer attractive. Why should any fan care about salaries? Do you care what an entertainer makes when you watch a movie or a concert? 

The owners did this to themselves.They made it all about salaries. If you make it all about money, don't be shocked if the players think it's all about money too. 

 

 

 

  • Post of the Week 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...