Fat Mike Fran

17 minutes ago, JetsFanatic said:

Quite frankly, I thought Francesa kicked their ass. 

He did. My opinion ,he put them in their place  because they were speaking out of context. 

Love him or hate him , this “schism“ he’s having with the Giants proves that he still able and  unafraid to tell it like it is .

This reminds me of the time when he and the Jets were at odds ( the Rex and Tanny years)

All that negative stuff  that I read about him on Jets sites compelled me to go online and listen to Mike firsthand. 

And you know what, no one’s like him.  You should listen to the garbage that’s on the radio where I live!

He’s a consummate professional, and an objective observer of all matters pertaining to sports ( except hockey, lol)

.Yes he loves his beloved Yankees and Giants, but you know what, he’s never shied away from criticizing them when it was required.

He’still the pope.

4 minutes ago, Bless you....Thank you said:

Who will be viewed as more influential to the medium of radio at the end of the day?

howard stern or fat mike? I vote mike 

Sort of apples and oranges in comparison because one talks only about sports the other one is a nationally recognized radio voice.  Without Mike and the mad dog, there’s no sports talk radio.

Both are influential, but you have to include Limbaugh as well.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, CanadienJetsFan said:

He did. My opinion ,he put them in their place  because they were speaking out of context. 

Love him or hate him , this “schism“ he’s having with the Giants proves that he still able and  unafraid to tell it like it is .

This reminds me of the time when he and the Jets were at odds ( the Rex and Tanny years)

All that negative stuff  that I read about him on Jets sites compelled me to go online and listen to Mike firsthand. 

And you know what, no one’s like him.  You should listen to the garbage that’s on the radio where I live!

He’s a consummate professional, and an objective observer of all matters pertaining to sports ( except hockey, lol)

.Yes he loves his beloved Yankees and Giants, but you know what, he’s never shied away from criticizing them when it was required.

He’still the pope.

yeah I'm starting to come around to him.  Listen, the guy is a complete and utter JERK.  he is not someone I would want as a friend/acquaintance or whatever but he knows his stuff.  I always used to say I hated listening to him during football season because all he does is rank on the Jets, but love listening during baseball season because all he does is rank on the Mets (I'm a Yankee fan).  

but that seemed to change around 2015.  Jets no longer had Rex and the idiots picked up the wonderful humanitarian OBJ.  and he has been a wonderful listen ever since!  when OBJ physically assaulted a player during that game in 2015, Mike didn't hold back!  he KILLED him, Coughlin, AND the giants organization for it!  All his spewing about OBJ has been spot on ever since, and his analysis of the last two drafts (Jets and giants) has been right on as well.  I love hearing him gush about Darnold, call the giants "clowns" and "laughing stock of the NFL", etc.  and I have to hand it to him.  I mean for him to call out the idiots for saying that they based their picks on "class people" (or however they worded it) and then less than 24 hrs later one of their picks gets shot, and a guy he was with is shot AND killed really doesn't say a lot for the organization.

maybe when Quinnen Williams takes a pi$$ in the endzone like that jerk, Francessa will go back to bashing the Jets, but in the meantime, I love listening to him right now!!

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, CanadienJetsFan said:

Sort of apples and oranges in comparison because one talks only about sports the other one is a nationally recognized radio voice.  Without Mike and the mad dog, there’s no sports talk radio.

Both are influential, but you have to include Limbaugh as well.

I guess the question is who spawned more “wanna-be’s“ aka influenced more people to enter the medium. 

3 minutes ago, Bless you....Thank you said:

Also to all the jets fans calling mike a jerk because he chopped down the jets all those years.....when was he ever wrong about them? Are we a model franchise that deserves heaps of praise from the media? Cmon son

Mike's not a jerk because he says stuff about the Jets.  he's a jerk because....he's a compete a$$hole!!!  Just his personality.  nothing to do with his affiliations.

and "when was he ever wrong about them"?  so he's never wrong now?  The Tebow stuff, the Rex stuff, fine I get it.  but during that time, the Jets could do no right in his eyes.  I remember him talking about how the Jets didn't belong in the playoffs during the 2009 season.  they crushed the bengals on SNF to get in, then had to play them again the next week.  he said they weren't trying on SNF and would kill the Jets.  WRONG.

then they go to play the Chargers who, I believe had won 11 (?) games straight entering that game.  he said Jets "had zero chance".  WRONG.  I wanted to listen to him backtrack off it the next day, but it was MLK Jr day, so he was not on.  listened the next day and he said Jets were "lucky" - interception bounced off a foot, kicker missed easy FGs, etc.  of course he's NEVER wrong.  gave the Jets zero credit and still said they didn't belong.  

but now?  I mean he GUSHES over Darnold.  really hasn't been killing the Jets lately.  maybe he just needs someone to kill, and right now it's the idiots?  I don't know, but I like it!!

• Upvote 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/30/2019 at 2:12 PM, CanadienJetsFan said:

He’still the pope.

Clearly you haven't been listening to him.

• Haha 1

On 4/30/2019 at 2:13 PM, Bless you....Thank you said:

Who will be viewed as more influential to the medium of radio at the end of the day?

howard stern or fat mike? I vote mike 

Is this a serious question? Howard Stern or Mike Francesa? Cmon now

On 4/30/2019 at 2:39 PM, Bless you....Thank you said:

Also to all the jets fans calling mike a jerk because he chopped down the jets all those years.....when was he ever wrong about them? Are we a model franchise that deserves heaps of praise from the media? Cmon son

2009 Francesa got triggered like crazy when Rex said the jets were the favorites in the playoffs.  He said we didn’t even belong in the playoffs 

3 hours ago, Apache 51 said:

If I said it already Mike knows lots, but is still a total phukin dooosh. He has a hard on for the Jets just listen to his tone of voice coming out of his fat phukin mouth. I haven't listened to him lately maybe he has changed idk.

he loves the Jets now...get with the times...loves the Jets, hates the Giants...he follows the money...like any smart business man.  Give him a lot of credit.  He monetized a garbage, dying, cottage industry...

36 minutes ago, southtown24th said:

he loves the Jets now...get with the times...loves the Jets, hates the Giants...he follows the money...like any smart business man.  Give him a lot of credit.  He monetized a garbage, dying, cottage industry...

Re read my first sentence. and then the second. He's a full fledge dooosh. Go back if you can and listen, the Giants were sh*t too, he follows his fat stomach. I think he is has had a stick up his ass since CBS passed over him.

On 4/30/2019 at 11:17 AM, T0mShane said:

The decline started a year before Dog left and its gotten very bad since. Current day Francesa is belligerent and, now, disconnected. He’s burned a million bridges across the industry and he doesn’t get the guests he’s used to, so his show isn’t very good at all right now. He should have stayed retired. That said, even his crummy, angry show is better than Kay, LaGreca, and that rap guy whom nobody likes. The only good radio going on in NY is that Rothenberg and DiPietro show, except Canty sucks. 

Russo was such a good compliment to Mike in somehow managing to reign in or dampen his arrogance.  There is no dampener on it now and it is just too much to listen to.  I am still interested in his football takes but after twenty minutes I am done with him.

• Upvote 1

On 4/30/2019 at 11:24 AM, EM31 said:

<chuckles>

OK so we are singing from the same hymnal in that case.  Your original observations were more of a commentary on the rest of the "talent".

Personally I am still a fan of the schmooze.  Me and Jerry Seinfeld apparently but he only gets the crumbs from the WFAN table at this point.

Respectfully, I cannot stand Steve Somers.  I can't imagine how he continues to work in radio.

• Upvote 1

On 4/30/2019 at 2:39 PM, Bless you....Thank you said:

Ya but his bias against the jets and Mets is embarrassing for a big time radio guy. He literally sucks Eli arse, and almost had a stroke when the giants made a move for the future at qb. Like picking a d impact player at 6 would solve all their problem. Then he said he would trade the number 1 nba pick for Lebron.. fat mike is not about the future, sign he is not gonna be on much longer 

14 hours ago, Bruce Harper said:

Respectfully, I cannot stand Steve Somers.  I can't imagine how he continues to work in radio.

I can understand how he is hit and miss. 

I like with the shtick with him there and me here what can I say.

1 hour ago, jgb said:

Fran has called it accurately for years that we stink. So push him down a well. 

He also said we sucked during the back to back AFCG runs

Francesa hates Woody. Something happened around 2008 before that he was practically a jets fan during the Parcells years and Mangini’s first season

On 5/10/2019 at 5:06 PM, Bruce Harper said:

Agree.  I think he’s horrible he thinks he’s so funny

Somers is a member of the good ol boys club.  He will be on WFAN for another 50 years

Just now, JustEndTheSuffering said:

If we’re talking about other shows on WFAN then I just want to say that Joe and Evan is the best show on the station. They’re hardcore fans that are passionate about their teams and listening to Joe on a Monday after a Jets loss eases the pain a bit. 

Evan ruins that show for me tho sometimes he thinks he’s so clever

Just now, JustEndTheSuffering said:

I see where you’re coming from but again I love their passion. They sound like the rest of us diehard fans. 

Joe is the only real fan on that station.  Francesa is a narcissist who only cares about being right.  Evan and everyone else on WFAN all they care about is the mets 

• Sympathy 1
  • Haha 1