Fat Mike Fran

3 hours ago, Philc1 said:

He also said we sucked during the back to back AFCG runs

Francesa hates Woody. Something happened around 2008 before that he was practically a jets fan during the Parcells years and Mangini’s first season

Their run ins with the Jets started in 2005. IIRC he and Russo had an issue with Donnie Henderson which blew up at a training camp show. The Jets started to be more exclusive with interviews around then as well with almost everything going to 1050 other than a start or season and end of season spot with the coach, gm, ,etc...2008 is when it pretty much was a complete divorce. Mike was all kinds of mad when they traded for Brett Favre and the main interview went to 1050. Mike ended up getting Favre with Tannebaum rather than Favre alone and he wasnt cool with that. By the end of 2009 I think they basically banned anyone from even appearing on his show because of how he was treating the team. 

• Upvote 3
  • Post of the Week 1

48 minutes ago, jason423 said:

Their run ins with the Jets started in 2005. IIRC he and Russo had an issue with Donnie Henderson which blew up at a training camp show. The Jets started to be more exclusive with interviews around then as well with almost everything going to 1050 other than a start or season and end of season spot with the coach, gm, ,etc...2008 is when it pretty much was a complete divorce. Mike was all kinds of mad when they traded for Brett Favre and the main interview went to 1050. Mike ended up getting Favre with Tannebaum rather than Favre alone and he wasnt cool with that. By the end of 2009 I think they basically banned anyone from even appearing on his show because of how he was treating the team. 

Great summary

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/12/2019 at 3:17 PM, Philc1 said:

Joe is the only real fan on that station.  Francesa is a narcissist who only cares about being right.  Evan and everyone else on WFAN all they care about is the mets 

Beningo is not a Jets fan.  Maybe he is in his real life, but on FAN it's all an act.  Jets do something minor, print media goes wild to sell papers, and Joe goes into "I'm going to die soon and never see the Jets win" mode.  It's all the same old script, he doesn't have an original thought anymore.

He's a caricature of his former self.  It's all an act, and a bad one at that.  He's just mailing it in until he retires (do it already).

SAR I

• Upvote 3
  • Thumb Down 1

8 hours ago, SAR I said:

Beningo is not a Jets fan.  Maybe he is in his real life, but on FAN it's all an act.  Jets do something minor, print media goes wild to sell papers, and Joe goes into "I'm going to die soon and never see the Jets win" mode.  It's all the same old script, he doesn't have an original thought anymore.

He's a caricature of his former self.  It's all an act, and a bad one at that.  He's just mailing it in until he retires (do it already).

SAR I

You're nuts !!! Beningo bleeds green .

• Upvote 2

31 minutes ago, SAM SAM HE'S OUR MAN said:

Yes, he a real, legit, die-hard Jet fans - but the way he acts on the radio now is Schtick.  He's playing an over the top character at this point.  Wasn't always the case but is now.

• Upvote 3
  • Post of the Week 1

8 hours ago, SAR I said:

SAR I

Benigno is a clown--and not a very funny clown

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

49 minutes ago, SAM SAM HE'S OUR MAN said:

I am not sure Joe knows anything about football.  I have never heard him talk abut football in any technical or strategic way.  He just bawls

• Upvote 4
  • Thumb Down 1

10 hours ago, SAR I said:

SAR I

Winning a SB is all that matters.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

On 5/12/2019 at 6:38 PM, jason423 said:

Yeah 2008 was when Francesa declared war on us

11 hours ago, SAR I said:

SAR I

787CED41-5F72-4AC4-B372-DB57B9F08F24.jpeg.097ece7a7434151336e100bb89e3ceda.jpeg

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, SAM SAM HE'S OUR MAN said:

That part of Beningo that is a Jets fan is buried deep down in a ball of age and frustration.  He isn't objective at all.  Just overreactive.

SAR I

14 hours ago, FidelioJet said:

Yes, he a real, legit, die-hard Jet fans - but the way he acts on the radio now is Schtick.  He's playing an over the top character at this point.  Wasn't always the case but is now.

This.

14 hours ago, jack48 said:

Benigno is a clown--and not a very funny clown

This.

He needs to retire, pronto.  He is completely out of touch with the average Jets fan.  He's the last vestige of the 1970's Jets fan who is conditioned to complain.  Like Firefraud Ed, Joe Beningo is a guy who no longer represents the Jets or their fans.  He's awful and a phony.

SAR I

• Upvote 2

14 hours ago, jack48 said:

I am not sure Joe knows anything about football.  I have never heard him talk abut football in any technical or strategic way.  He just bawls

It's a shame, because back in the Pennington era he was objective and listening to him come on the air immediately after a Jets loss he'd hit on many important points and raise some important questions.

But them came the outstanding Jets SNY post-game show and it was Adam Schein and Ray Lucas raising those concerns first and being very professional in their approach to giving us their take.  

And that's where Beningo jumped the shark because he came on the air a day later and having nothing new to add he decided to play the overreactive clown.  And he makes it all about himself, as if we care about his precious feelings.  You're right-  he doesn't talk about actual football.  He talks about his feelings.  And I don't need to hear Joe Beningo for the 500th time in 30 years riff on his feelings.

SAR I

• Upvote 1

Benningo is awesome.  Fireman Ed is awesome.  Mike Francessa is awesome.  Manish Metha is awesome.

Jet fans spend thread after thread whining and complaining about these guys.  They are at the top of their profession for a reason.  I love listening and reading these guys.  Jet fans should be grateful they cover the team.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Benningo is awesome.  Fireman Ed is awesome.  Mike Francessa is awesome.  Manish Metha is awesome.

Jet fans spend thread after thread whining and complaining about these guys.  They are at the top of their profession for a reason.  I love listening and reading these guys.  Jet fans should be grateful they cover the team.

None of them are at the top of their profession. The only one who once was is Francessa and he's become a literal walking/taking contradiction. I've seen people with Alzheimer's contradict themselves less.

On 5/12/2019 at 6:38 PM, jason423 said:

Fat Mike has , IMO, come across as a loud mouth, gas bag,  Jets hater. I have little use for him.

On 5/12/2019 at 9:17 PM, Philc1 said:

Joe is the only real fan on that station.  Francesa is a narcissist who only cares about being right.  Evan and everyone else on WFAN all they care about is the mets 

The Mets were my first sports love but then I fell for her ugly sister the NYJ

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, SAR I said:

It's a shame, because back in the Pennington era he was objective and listening to him come on the air immediately after a Jets loss he'd hit on many important points and raise some important questions.

But them came the outstanding Jets SNY post-game show and it was Adam Schein and Ray Lucas raising those concerns first and being very professional in their approach to giving us their take.  

And that's where Beningo jumped the shark because he came on the air a day later and having nothing new to add he decided to play the overreactive clown.  And he makes it all about himself, as if we care about his precious feelings.  You're right-  he doesn't talk about actual football.  He talks about his feelings.  And I don't need to hear Joe Beningo for the 500th time in 30 years riff on his feelings.

SAR I

he is just a potato ship salesman posing as a football savant

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, jgb said:

The Mets were my first sports love but then I fell for her ugly sister the NYJ

Unfortunately, I'm dating both of them.

Then, just because I'm a total loser, you can throw the Rangers and Knicks into this sports "love life" of mine also. ](*,)

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

15 hours ago, Joe W. Namath said:

I love Beningo and listen to Francesa even tho I disagree with him sometimes 

Mehta is a hacky Mike Macagnan sycophant 

• Sympathy 1

20 hours ago, Joe W. Namath said:

At least Metha and Francessa add some value once in a blue moon. Benigno adds absolutely nothing as all he does is whine about his teams and bitches about how bad everything is . Fireman Ed is a decent guy  met him a few times, the problem with him is he's  so polarizing to the fanbase  - there are those who hate him and those that love him - personally I just view him as a decent Jets fan - who got sucked up into the "chant"  -which for us old timers really used to be a battle between decks and sections.

14 hours ago, 56mehl56 said:

At least Metha and Francessa add some value once in a blue moon. Benigno adds absolutely nothing as all he does is whine about his teams and bitches about how bad everything is . Fireman Ed is a decent guy  met him a few times, the problem with him is he's  so polarizing to the fanbase  - there are those who hate him and those that love him - personally I just view him as a decent Jets fan - who got sucked up into the "chant"  -which for us old timers really used to be a battle between decks and sections.

So you probably remember, as I do so fondly, "Crazy Larry", the guy who used to wear the red wig and had the green pom pom's in the upper deck at Shea. He started the J  E  T  S chant, as far as I can recall.