New Jets fan from Australia

Humanmeatball

Hey guys how’s it going. I have recently taken a interest in nfl in the last year, and have picked the jets as I love the city. Keen to know as much as possible about everything jets related. Thanks!

ps - my apologies if this has been posted in the wrong section. 

2 minutes ago, Humanmeatball said:

Hey guys how’s it going. I have recently taken a interest in nfl in the last year, and have picked the jets as I love the city. Keen to know as much as possible about everything jets related. Thanks!

G’day and welcome to the mad house.

You picked a great time to become a Jets fan. Things are definitely on the upswing, unless you listen to the other 50% of Jets fans who say the team is doomed to forever stink, and any positive move the team makes is really a terrible move disguised as a good one.

Wow, what a time to pick the Jets. Young stud going to be only 22 year old QB, new coaching staff, killing it in free agency with some studs, trade for OK, and 3rd pick in the draft that might end up Nick Bosa or Quinnen Williams, the concensus 2 best players in the entire draft. 

I almost feel you haven't earned your stripes, lol, as all of us here have watching the Todd Bowles/Kacey Rogers/new OC every year sh*tshow starring Ryan Fitzpatrick, an old feeble Darelle Revis, the infamous Buster Skrine, the fat overpaid Mo Wilkerson, the Sheldon Richardson 120 MPH joy ride, Dylan Donahue driving the wrong way in the Lincoln tunnel, Josh McCown, Isaiah Crowell & his butt wipe, Spencer Longs flying snaps, and the always enjoyable wide open WR with no one in sight. 

But welcome anyway. You have impeccable timing. 

38 minutes ago, Humanmeatball said:

Welcome to the family 

1 hour ago, Humanmeatball said:

Great to see another Jets Fan!! Be prepared to drink heavily, feel like to want to punch yourself in the face during games, or call for the Owners to sell and the GM/Coaches to be fired on a regular basis!

3 hours ago, Humanmeatball said:

Are you currently under the influence of drugs or alcohol?

3 hours ago, Humanmeatball said:

Welcome, mate. There are a couple of Hawthorn supporters in the group, so we’ve had a good decade, but you may want to consider a different team. Jets are cursed. May not be fun.

Oh wow, you picked the Jets? As in .. the New York Jets? 

Well we haven’t had great success in our franchise history lol...but we did win the 3rd championship ever as huge underdogs in 1969 and winning that game led to the creation of the NFL so we may have sucked for long time but we are definitely important to the history of the sport.

anyway, we just signed the best Running Back in the NFL to a 4 year deal, we have a young Quarterback who can develop into a star and a solid enough defense. we’re hoping for some real long term success soon because we haven’t had any...so don’t expect us to come out of the gate and beat teams 45 to 0. We have a ways to go until we are good. So hopefully you stick around and be here for this hump we are about to go over.

welcome to the Jets family. It’s not everything a fan could ask for...but we are getting there.

hopefully

4 hours ago, Humanmeatball said:

Welcome. 

A couple of tips:  Jets fans tend to be a bit on the negative side because it has been so long since we have been champs, or even close to champs.  You have joined just at the right time, however, as we are on the upswing with a very good young quarterback and some good players to build around.

So you won't feel out of the loop, please take note of the following abbreviations:

JAG:  Just another guy.

SOJ:  Same old Jets (although I hope that we will be phasing this one out of use).

SOJF:  Same old Jets Fan (usually refers to an excessively negative Jets fan).

I think you came on board at just the right time and hope that you enjoy it!

5 hours ago, Humanmeatball said:

Dude get out now while you still can.

5 hours ago, Humanmeatball said:

Coincidentally, I have decided to become a fan of a team in the Australian football league.

. However, I need your help with my selection. I’m looking for a team that meets the following requirements:

-  they should not have won more than one championship in the last 50 years 

-  they should  not play in their own stadium. They instead should share a stadium with a crosstown rival 

-  most importantly, they should have a fan base that isn’t sure whether to love them or hate them

5 hours ago, Jetster said:

Wow, what a time to pick the Jets. Young stud going to be only 22 year old QB, new coaching staff, killing it in free agency with some studs, trade for OK, and 3rd pick in the draft that might end up Nick Bosa or Quinnen Williams, the concensus 2 best players in the entire draft. 

I almost feel you haven't earned your stripes, lol, as all of us here have watching the Todd Bowles/Kacey Rogers/new OC every year sh*tshow starring Ryan Fitzpatrick, an old feeble Darelle Revis, the infamous Buster Skrine, the fat overpaid Mo Wilkerson, the Sheldon Richardson 120 MPH joy ride, Dylan Donahue driving the wrong way in the Lincoln tunnel, Josh McCown, Isaiah Crowell & his butt wipe, Spencer Longs flying snaps, and the always enjoyable wide open WR with no one in sight. 

But welcome anyway. You have impeccable timing. 

He missed out on some good times didn't he?

6 hours ago, Humanmeatball said:

Don't understand how someone half a world a way would decide to start watching the NFL and pick the Jets??? My dad got me into this team. Right before I killed him and buried him in my basement.

Seriously though, welcome. :) 

6 hours ago, Humanmeatball said:

So you're keen to know everything Jets related?

You need to learn the history. 

The Jets were founded in 1804 by a Norwegian immigrant named Sven Nuuurstruud as New York's first Kosher Pizzeria. 

Jets legend Joe Namath is the first free man to ever scale Mount Kilimanjaro. 

The greatest Jets player of all time is Nuu Faaola and don't let anyone tell you any different. 

What else guys?

Archived