Crowell released

Patriot Killa

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

Maybe that means we have some ink on some paper somewhere?   

I'd hate to see us let Crowell go and what's his name accept a slightly larger deal somewhere else. 

2 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

We save like 2-3 million.

We save 8M, over 2 years. 3M this year, 5M next.  Take that off of Bell's contract, since this is a direct swap (you don't need Crow if you have Bell) and the net effect of Bell's deal is 4 years, 44.5M

1 minute ago, Doggin94it said:

We save 8M, over 2 years. 3M this year, 5M next.  Take that off of Bell's contract, since this is a direct swap (you don't need Crow if you have Bell) and the net effect of Bell's deal is 4 years, 44.5M

Nice. Thank you, I was slightly confused on this one. Thought we saved 3..take a 2M hit which gave us 1 mill in saving.

1 minute ago, kmnj said:

he for the most  part was a fail-had  a few nice games but shocking none of the browns trio we brought in worked out-josh pryor and crowell-poof gone

Well he had one ridiculously nice game for sure.  DEN is still bleeding from their bottoms over that one.  

5 minutes ago, rayzor said:

A little surprising.  I think we need some depth.  Not like he was that expensive.  Replace him with Yeldon?

Replace him with a mid-late round RB.  We have Elijah McGuire under contract thru 2020.  We don't need a free agent backup.

If there's an injury, pick a RB up off the street after Week 1, when his salary won't be guaranteed.

1 minute ago, jetstream23 said:

Need to add a RB for depth....probably somebody in that $2-4M range.

I think they're fine with McGuire/Henderson/Cannon behind Bell.  There's no RB on the market who is such an upgrade over McGuire or Henderson that it makes sense to pay even a 2-4M free agent deal to bring them in. Maybe - maybe - Spencer Ware, if he's healthy.

https://overthecap.com/free-agency/

5 minutes ago, mrcoops said:

I'll take Benny Snell in round 4, thanks.

Not going to happen with Bell in the fold. There's no point in drafting a RB in the 4th round to have them sit behind Bell for at least 2 years of their rookie deal, hopefully 3 (and maybe all 4).  You don't spend 4th round picks to upgrade "backup RB"

If someone intriguing slips into the 6th round, and you think they can replace Cannon or Henderson on the depth chart? Sure.  But no earlier than that

1 minute ago, ScarletKnight89 said:

Good. It makes no sense to have any other RB making significant money on the roster now that we have Bell. He's an every down RB. When he needs a breather McGuire is more than capable of coming in for a few plays. 

This pretty much sums it up 

1 minute ago, joenamathwouldn'tcry said:

If he was a good guy, or could block, maybe I'd feel differently.  Good riddance.  The only downside is the 2million in dead money.  He is easily replaceable.  Easily.

Lol he has already been replaced 

10 minutes ago, Doggin94it said:

Probably should also include the $2M in dead money Crowell is still costing.

Still probably makes sense to cut, but could've justified keeping him this year for an extra $3M, cutting him next year and saving $4M with only $1M in dead money.  McGuire is at best an adequate 2nd RB.

Archived