Crowell released

Patriot Killa

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply
49 minutes ago, Doggin94it said:

Henderson's a third string back with potential. Not many third string backs that fit that profile have many NFL carries; you're basically either looking at "untapped potential" or "JAG grinder" in that 3rd RB role.

I get the concern, but I'm ok with the depth chart, since we're not really a SB contender this year and need to address other positions.  (Would be a different analysis if Bell was a potential failure point on a team with realistic SB aspirations; then you spend money/assets to back him up better)

Good post.  I guess I'm debating whether our backup RB is really like a 2A or 2B.....not an important debate when we still need a starting Center, CB2 and Edge Rusher. lol 

34 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Everything Mike Maccagnan does is awesome, always. 

Never said that..  hes lucky to be around after bumbling his way through the Fitzpatrick fiasco.  He should have stuck to his guns and refused to resign him rather than capitulate to Bowles.

53 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

literally???

well he did demonstrate his ass-wiping skills in front of about 78,000 people live and millions on television.  So yes, he is a human ass-wipe.  Frankly, calling anyone who posts what he did an "ass-wipe" is being kind.  Crowell is human garbage and I'm glad he's gone and this has nothing to do with his NFL play.

35 minutes ago, nycdan said:

I don't think we will qualify for any comp picks from this year since Bell, Mosley and Crowder will more than offset the three highest guys we lose.

That's not necessarily true; they offset the three LOWEST guys we lose (offsets work bottom up) so if we have a net outflow of qualifying free agents, we can pick up a comp pick.

But I doubt we'll have a net outflow.  We've signed Mosely, Bell, Crowder, & Bellamy, and lost only Roberts and Myers thus far

2 hours ago, Patriot Killa said:

Technically even though some were previously with the team, you'd add these players as well, since they were FAs when signed in 2018:

• McCown ($10MM)
  • Claiborne ($7MM)
  • Pennel ($4.5MM)
  • Ijalana ($2.5MM)
  • Pierre-Lewis ($2.8MM)
  • Brooks ($2.2MM)
  • Santos & Johnson ($1MM in signing bonuses); both cut in August

Also technically Pryor didn't even last the year.

What is that, like $45MM for 1 year from this group of 10 rostered players? The best of the bunch was Myers who beat out the $2MM kicker the team probably figured they would likely go with.  

I can totally see even more reasons why the GM was retained right here. This is some good stuff.

15 minutes ago, Doggin94it said:

That's not necessarily true; they offset the three LOWEST guys we lose (offsets work bottom up) so if we have a net outflow of qualifying free agents, we can pick up a comp pick.

But I doubt we'll have a net outflow.  We've signed Mosely, Bell, Crowder, & Bellamy, and lost only Roberts and Myers thus far

Thanks for the clear-up.

What about Carpenter and Skrine?  I think we cut Long and Crowell which disqualifies them.  Also Clive Walford to MIA?  And then Kearse, Claiborne and Powell are still technically in the mix, no?

1 minute ago, nycdan said:

Thanks for the clear-up.

What about Carpenter and Skrine?  I think we cut Long and Crowell which disqualifies them.  Also Clive Walford to MIA?  And then Kearse, Claiborne and Powell are still technically in the mix, no?

True, forgot about those two.  Long and Crowell were cut, so they don't qualify.  Kearse, Claiborne and Powell are qualifiers; I'd expect Powell to sign only after the qualifying period is up (typical Pats/Ravens move, and he's not going to be anyone's priority at 29 and coming off injury).  Same for Kearse, who's a JAGgy vet.

30 minutes ago, Doggin94it said:

Add Carpenter and Skrine to list of outgoing FA too.

10 minutes ago, Doggin94it said:

True, forgot about those two.  Long and Crowell were cut, so they don't qualify.  Kearse, Claiborne and Powell are qualifiers; I'd expect Powell to sign only after the qualifying period is up (typical Pats/Ravens move, and he's not going to be anyone's priority at 29 and coming off injury).  Same for Kearse, who's a JAGgy vet.

So just so I understand this, if we lose 5 guys (Roberts, Myers, Carpenter, Skrine and Claiborne let's say) and sign 3 (before the qualifying period is up), then we get comped on the 2 guys who signed the biggest deals on the way out?  

2 hours ago, Pac said:

Aka, good GMing.

Sign serviceable players during the rebuild you can easily move on from when better opportunities arise.

He deserves a tip of the cap, not misguided snark.

lol you’re such a clown

1 hour ago, Pac said:

Never said that..  hes lucky to be around after bumbling his way through the Fitzpatrick fiasco.  He should have stuck to his guns and refused to resign him rather than capitulate to Bowles.

It amazes me that after 5 years, you pick that as his worst decision.  Not Christian Hackenberg.  Not drafting 2 safeties in rounds 1 and 2 instead of a franchise QB.  Not Devin Smith, Chad Hansen or ArDarius Stewart.  Not Darron Lee.  Not Spencer Long.  Not his complete neglect of the Offensive Line in the draft.  Etc.

12 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

It amazes me that after 5 years, you pick that as his worst decision.  Not Christian Hackenberg.  Not drafting 2 safeties in rounds 1 and 2 instead of a franchise QB.  Not Devin Smith, Chad Hansen or ArDarius Stewart.  Not Darron Lee.  Not Spencer Long.  Not his complete neglect of the Offensive Line in the draft.  Etc.

Hack was projected in all the pre draft articles as a 2nd or 3rd rounder.  He swung and missed.

Adam's will be a HOFer.

Hansen and Stewart were gross but pushed on him by last regime..  Macc has been too amenable to the coaches picks which is something hes correcting.

Darron Lee was fine there. Go look at the careers of 95 percent of the picks around him.  

Spencer Long was fine.  Bowles deserves the blame for stubbornly continuing to play him when he was clearly hurt.  Once he moved to guard he played fine.

The o line needs to improve which is happening but isnt as horrible as you make it out to be.

3 minutes ago, Pac said:

Hack was projected in all the pre draft articles as a 2nd or 3rd rounder.  He swung and missed.

Adam's will be a HOFer.

Hansen and Stewart were gross but pushed on him by last regime..  Macc has been too amenable to the coaches picks which is something hes correcting.

Darron Lee was fine there. Go look at the careers of 95 percent of the picks around him.  

Spencer Long was fine.  Bowles deserves the blame for stubbornly continuing to play him when he was clearly hurt.  Once he moved to guard he played fine.

The o line needs to improve which is happening but isnt as horrible as you make it out to be.

this_is_fine.jpg

Just now, Larz said:

It must be exhausting to feel the need to spin every jets development into a justification that you were right all along 

That's what every thread turns into lol

Vernon Gholston? Fine. Blair Thomas? Fine. Napolean's decision to retreat from Moscow? You guessed it. Fine.

4 hours ago, Pac said:

Yeah but the only problem was after the year Fitz had Macc had no choice but to sign him because what was the other option ? It was much better for Macc to fail with Fitz than to sign some other clown and fail with him because then he would have been hearing OMG why didn't you just sign Fitz ? Everything from the locker room explosion to the horrible coaching would have all been blamed on Macc for letting a QB that had a great year move on.

1 hour ago, Larz said:

It must be exhausting to feel the need to spin every jets development into a justification that you were right all along 

That's what every thread turns into lol

Its easy for some to bash everything the Jets do because at some point they will eventually be right since we are such a snake bit organization. With that being said we now have the first real Franchise QB prospect in a long time. We have to hope as Jets fans something will turn for the positive some though rather than hope for the best choose to be right on the internet :)

Vernon Gholston? Fine. Blair Thomas? Fine. Napolean's decision to retreat from Moscow? You guessed it. Fine.

The problem was Napoleon pushing past Moscow, and deeper into Russia, no? The French showed up to an evacuated city (much to Napoleons chagrin; he expected to be welcomed by a throng of Russians treating him like a conquering hero) and then his troops accidentally set the city on fire. They should have probably just gone home then. 

I’m basing all of this on War and Peace though.

14 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

How long before he's a Patriot? 

They have a better player on a rookie contract, plus Burkhead and White. They're set at running back.

To be frank, I am surprised at the number of people who want to retain Crowell. Bell is a three down back. There is no room on the roster to carry a mediocre player like Crowell when he is a two down back at best. Keep McGuire and let him have first crack at backing up Bell and give him a rest when needed.

2 hours ago, More Cowbell said:

How long before he's a Patriot? 

I was wondering how long it would take for someone to mention the Pats.  They sign every player we or anyone releases. Those cheating bastards have a roster 3xs that of the rest of the NFL.  Lol

8 hours ago, Dcat said:

well he did demonstrate his ass-wiping skills in front of about 78,000 people live and millions on television.  So yes, he is a human ass-wipe.  Frankly, calling anyone who posts what he did an "ass-wipe" is being kind.  Crowell is human garbage and I'm glad he's gone and this has nothing to do with his NFL play.

He did something far worse on Twitter. I won’t cite it directly because it seems every anti-social act is deemed a political opinion these days. Nevertheless “human garbage” reeks of hyperbole. One or two acts don’t define a man unless it’s mass murder or something that ruins others’ lives irrevocably. I also think he has less culpability due to reduced mental capacity. I think he’s just a moron who thinks he’s being edgy and provocative. And in our “emporer’s new clothes” world we aren’t allowed to say someone’s opinions are asinine.

Archived