Jump to content

Just Joined the Forum


Klecko75
 Share

Recommended Posts

15 hours ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Same here though I'm also a Knick fan (though they're a distant 4th).

Hahaha, misery loves company. I felt compelled to write a book about my decades of suffering following my teams. I listed the top five worst losses for each of them. I needed to vent on a massive level and not just on a cool forum like this. I was a bit surprised how many other Jets fans disagreed with my list of heart-breakers. In all fairness though, we have way too many to choose from :( 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, Klecko75 said:

Hahaha, misery loves company. I felt compelled to write a book about my decades of suffering following my teams. I listed the top five worst losses for each of them. I needed to vent on a massive level and not just on a cool forum like this. I was a bit surprised how many other Jets fans disagreed with my list of heart-breakers. In all fairness though, we have way too many to choose from :( 

Can you share the losses for each?  I wonder if I agree with them.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 3/14/2019 at 2:18 PM, Klecko75 said:

Hahahaha I like this forum already, and thanks for the well-wishes everyone. As a 40 year Jets fan, I am conditioned for misery and heartbreak. But. hey, if the Chicago Cubs can win then any team can win!!

As a 40 something yr long suffering fan myself,Welcome! But you seem too optimistic!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 3/15/2019 at 8:03 PM, CanadienJetsFan said:

As a 40 something yr long suffering fan myself,Welcome! But you seem too optimistic!

Hahahah I am always optimistic in the off season then once the season starts and it's the same ol' nonsense I want half the team traded and the all the coaches fired lol

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 3/15/2019 at 7:24 PM, Embrace the Suck said:

Welcome. So would you describe yourself as a mean drunk of a fan or an even tempered fan?

I don't drink during games. I figure alcohol mixed with aggravation is a toxic cocktail. plus I enjoy being married hahahaha 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 3/15/2019 at 7:15 PM, TuscanyTile2 said:

Can you share the losses for each?  I wonder if I agree with them.

I can't reveal my list ;) but I will say that the playoff game against Cleveland in 1987 is on my honorable mention list and not my top five. Most that have read the book have said I was crazy but I explain my reasoning in the Jets chapter lol

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, Klecko75 said:

I can't reveal my list ;) but I will say that the playoff game against Cleveland in 1987 is on my honorable mention list and not my top five. Most that have read the book have said I was crazy but I explain my reasoning in the Jets chapter lol

Failure to reveal the list is a BANABLE offense!! Are you trying to get us to buy the book??

Ha! jokes on you.... Jet's fans can't read!

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, 32EBoozer said:

Failure to reveal the list is a BANABLE offense!! Are you trying to get us to buy the book??

Ha! jokes on you.... Jet's fans can't read!

The self deprecating humor of the Jet fan is something to behold 😂

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Klecko75 said:

The self deprecating humor of the Jet fan is something to behold 😂

Mets, Jets, Knicks, Rangers fan since '68 (age 5). Born in Hempstead NY until we moved to N. Jersey in '72. So happy the Jets moved to the Meadowlands in the '80's.... and then reality hit. Other than the sack exchange and the rivalry with the Dolphin's not much to be excited for until 2009-2012.

New era now that Sammy is here.... hoping to live out my years with a Patriots type run in the AFC East.

Hoping Knicks get Zion, KD and Irving; Mets turn it around and Ranger rebuild is completed by 2021.

 

  • Upvote 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, 32EBoozer said:

Mets, Jets, Knicks, Rangers fan since '68 (age 5). Born in Hempstead NY until we moved to N. Jersey in '72. So happy the Jets moved to the Meadowlands in the '80's.... and then reality hit. Other than the sack exchange and the rivalry with the Dolphin's not much to be excited for until 2009-2012.

New era now that Sammy is here.... hoping to live out my years with a Patriots type run in the AFC East.

Hoping Knicks get Zion, KD and Irving; Mets turn it around and Ranger rebuild is completed by 2021.

 

If there was ever a time to unseat the Patsies, it's now! Sam, Jamal, C.J. Quincy, and either Allen or Williams will give us a core to be reckoned with. Gotta be excited about Gang Green this year. Gase still worries me but he is the coach and I have to accept it. I also believe in the Rangers rebuild, that is long overdue. I think they will get good sooner rather than later. As for the Mets, well, they could either win the World Series this year or lose 100 games. They are too erratic and unpredictable, but hope always springs eternal.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, ChuckkieB said:

Like you, I've been in it for the long haul.  Went to my first Jets game in 1975 when I was 6 and have been on this torture train since.  My doctor says I'm normal but I'm not so sure!

Hahahaha-we have no choice. We bleed green and white. After the Giants beat the Pats for the 2nd time in the SB, many of my Giant fan friends insisted I switch allegiances. As you would agree, exchanging the green and white for blue and red isn't even a thought on any of ours minds. 

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Klecko75 said:

If there was ever a time to unseat the Patsies, it's now! Sam, Jamal, C.J. Quincy, and either Allen or Williams will give us a core to be reckoned with. Gotta be excited about Gang Green this year. Gase still worries me but he is the coach and I have to accept it. I also believe in the Rangers rebuild, that is long overdue. I think they will get good sooner rather than later. As for the Mets, well, they could either win the World Series this year or lose 100 games. They are too erratic and unpredictable, but hope always springs eternal.

That pitching staff, if Matz can freaking get it together, could take them deep into the playoffs..... I just don't think we have the offensive talent to win 90+ especially in a deep[ NL East with stacked Phillies, young & talented braves and a Marlins team giving us fits in spring training. Need to get deGrom, Thor and Wheeler signed moving forward.

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, 32EBoozer said:

That pitching staff, if Matz can freaking get it together, could take them deep into the playoffs..... I just don't think we have the offensive talent to win 90+ especially in a deep[ NL East with stacked Phillies, young & talented braves and a Marlins team giving us fits in spring training. Need to get deGrom, Thor and Wheeler signed moving forward.

No question, the 1969 and 1986 Mets won with great pitching, stout defense and timely hitting. This year's squad would have to follow that template. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 minutes ago, 32EBoozer said:

That pitching staff, if Matz can freaking get it together, could take them deep into the playoffs..... I just don't think we have the offensive talent to win 90+ especially in a deep[ NL East with stacked Phillies, young & talented braves and a Marlins team giving us fits in spring training. Need to get deGrom, Thor and Wheeler signed moving forward.

If the starting pitching holds up, I think the Mets are a 90 win playoff team this year.  It's a tough ask for all to stay healthy given their history, but with an improved bullpen and a capable lineup, I think the Mets are in for a good year.  Fingers crossed.  Keep in mind, Mets fans have been saying relatively the same thing about this team every year since 2015 so there's that.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

41 minutes ago, ChuckkieB said:

If the starting pitching holds up, I think the Mets are a 90 win playoff team this year.  It's a tough ask for all to stay healthy given their history, but with an improved bullpen and a capable lineup, I think the Mets are in for a good year.  Fingers crossed.  Keep in mind, Mets fans have been saying relatively the same thing about this team every year since 2015 so there's that.  

76 games within our own division.... Braves, Nats, Phils and Marlins....... I'd be happy if we went .500

AL Central= Indians, Royals, White Sox, Twins &Tigers = (10-10) + Yanks (1-3) as a kick in the balls! 

We'd better hope Conforto, Nimo and Rosario bloom this yr. while Cano & Lowrie find their glory days.

Staff ERA needs to be below 3.0 to have a chance for a WC.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, 32EBoozer said:

76 games within our own division.... Braves, Nats, Phils and Marlins....... I'd be happy if we went .500

AL Central= Indians, Royals, White Sox, Twins &Tigers = (10-10) + Yanks (1-3) as a kick in the balls! 

We'd better hope Conforto, Nimo and Rosario bloom this yr. while Cano & Lowrie find their glory days.

Staff ERA needs to be below 3.0 to have a chance for a WC.

 

No doubt that the pitching staff has to carry this team.  Expecting a big year from Conforto and a leap forward from Rosario.  I think we'll do better than .500 in the division.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, Klecko75 said:

I can't reveal my list ;) but I will say that the playoff game against Cleveland in 1987 is on my honorable mention list and not my top five. Most that have read the book have said I was crazy but I explain my reasoning in the Jets chapter lol

Can I at least guess - was the worst loss the Denver AFC title game loss after we led 10-0 in the 2nd half?  I'm convinced we would've won the Superbowl that year had we held on in that game.

  • Upvote 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Can I at least guess - was the worst loss the Denver AFC title game loss after we led 10-0 in the 2nd half?  I'm convinced we would've won the Superbowl that year had we held on in that game.

We would have definitely crushed ATL in the SB. We beat them 28-3 i believe during that regular season. Talk about adding salt to a gaping wound!! 

Edited by Klecko75
Link to comment
Share on other sites

27 minutes ago, Klecko75 said:

We would have definitely crushed ATL in the SB. We beat them 28-3 i believe during that regular season. Talk about adding salt to a gaping wound!! 

I think we beat Atlanta but I'm not sure we crush them.  Remember, they had a 50 yr Steve DeBerg at QB when we crushed them at home in the regular season.

That title game loss was the most painful, another belichick defensive choke job.

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, nyjunc said:

I think we beat Atlanta but I'm not sure we crush them.  Remember, they had a 50 yr Steve DeBerg at QB when we crushed them at home in the regular season.

That title game loss was the most painful, another belichick defensive choke job.

They were so locked in that season, after the blowout loss in St Louis. They just steamrolled everyone in 1998. We were up 10-0 in the 3rd quarter on defending champs and then, well, the Same Ol' Jets took over and the team imploded. Such a painful painful loss.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 minutes ago, Klecko75 said:

They were so locked in that season, after the blowout loss in St Louis. They just steamrolled everyone in 1998. We were up 10-0 in the 3rd quarter on defending champs and then, well, the Same Ol' Jets took over and the team imploded. Such a painful painful loss.

So painful, we were so damn close.  That was the best season of my lifetime.

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Klecko75 said:

Mine too! Rex's teams came close but they were never as good as the 1998 team.

In 1998 they had a slow start but clearly a great team late in the year and it's the only team we have ever had that earned a first round bye.  2009 and 2010 were fun but 1998 didn't feel like a surprise run.

  • Upvote 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...