Hello Everyone

DMaynard

5 minutes ago, CotcheryifyouCan said:

dont know u personally but glad you are okay. get ready this season is going to be a roller coaster. new coach new star running back. sams second year.  

OMG, Todd Bowles. One of the things I was waiting for in order to come back. Please say the new coach is a 4-3 defense guy.

8 minutes ago, GREENBEAN said:

Welcome back buddy! Glad to hear about the improvement to your health.
I took 2years off from the stress of the jets too. Came back when I heard we may get a QB!

The good news is nothing happened you need to worry about. The bad news? Nothing happened you need to care about. lol

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

Thanks Greenbean. Glad to be back.

1 minute ago, DMaynard said:

OMG, Todd Bowles. One of the things I was waiting for in order to come back. Please say the new coach is a 4-3 defense guy.

Sorry, no, but at least he's a master motivator/disciplinarian, so we've got that going for us.

Hey my old buddy, you haven't missed much as far as the Jets go, we'll one good thing is we at least now have a QB who people are using terms like "potential Ben Rothlisberger type future hall of famer, so that's kinda good.I'm glad the ticker didn't do you in bro, welcome back.

11 minutes ago, SoFlaJets said:

Hey my old buddy, you haven't missed much as far as the Jets go, we'll one good thing is we at least now have a QB who people are using terms like "potential Ben Rothlisberger type future hall of famer, so that's kinda good.I'm glad the ticker didn't do you in bro, welcome back.

Hey bud, how you been? Miss ya. Thanks

1 hour ago, DMaynard said:

I am back. I had heart surgery three and a half years ago, and having not died, and not wishing to go soon, I decided to make some changes. Changed my diet, have worked out like a demon, dating younger women, you know, all of the right things. :-)
I recognize some names here, but there are a lot of new ones. Or my memory is worse than I think. For those that remember me, I have been a Jets fan since 1965, somewhat of a homer, and am sarcastic most of the time. I have to catch up on the Jets. Between my recovery and their terribleness the last few years, I have not followed them or football at all. 
I am ready for some football.

Fantastic to see you back brother !  Glad everything is well health wise. We'll have to catch up via message.

5 minutes ago, Spoot-Face said:

Sorry, no, but at least he's a master motivator/disciplinarian, so we've got that going for us.

OK, I will keep an open mind. But I REALLY hate the 3-4 defense. Unless you happen to have a Lawrence Taylor or Curly Culp.

4 minutes ago, Thai Jet said:

Fantastic to see you back brother !  Glad everything is well health wise. We'll have to catch up via message.

Hey buddy! Thanks. Glad to be back and see you are still around. Yes we do.

Still got the Mopar? I still have my Mustang.

5 minutes ago, DMaynard said:

Hey buddy! Thanks. Glad to be back and see you are still around. Yes we do.

Still got the Mopar? I still have my Mustang.

Of course I still have my Mopar. It's Mopar or No Car. lol  I still have a pic you sent me of the Mustang. Great that you're back.

8 minutes ago, DMaynard said:

OK, I will keep an open mind. But I REALLY hate the 3-4 defense. Unless you happen to have a Lawrence Taylor or Curly Culp.

Agreed I'm a 4-3 guy myself. I think with Williams we'll show both depending on sit.

41 minutes ago, DMaynard said:

One thing I am curious about if someone would like to help me out. Leonard Williams. I remember he was a highly touted DT that the Jets picked with a high #1 draft choice. I remember his rookie season being OK. He seemed more than decent against the run, but not as quick or agile on the pass rush as I was expecting based upon the hype. Just looking at his stats, it looks like he improved in his second year but has not improved since then. Of course, that's just looking at stats.

What's the real story on this guy? Just OK but a disappointment given the expectations?

Dudes an animal. Bowling ball with knives.

7 hours ago, DMaynard said:

I am back. I had heart surgery three and a half years ago, and having not died, and not wishing to go soon, I decided to make some changes. Changed my diet, have worked out like a demon, dating younger women, you know, all of the right things. :-)
I recognize some names here, but there are a lot of new ones. Or my memory is worse than I think. For those that remember me, I have been a Jets fan since 1965, somewhat of a homer, and am sarcastic most of the time. I have to catch up on the Jets. Between my recovery and their terribleness the last few years, I have not followed them or football at all. 

Hey welcome back! You have me beat since I've only been a Jets fan since 1967 and I can tell you it's been rough around here the last few years as this team was often an embarrassment. Now however, it looks like we have a chance to compete with a young franchise QB and an experienced NFL coaching staff. Now if we could only learn how to draft...... Glad you're feeling well so keep up the good work

One thing I am curious about if someone would like to help me out. Leonard Williams. I remember he was a highly touted DT that the Jets picked with a high #1 draft choice. I remember his rookie season being OK. He seemed more than decent against the run, but not as quick or agile on the pass rush as I was expecting based upon the hype. Just looking at his stats, it looks like he improved in his second year but has not improved since then. Of course, that's just looking at stats.

What's the real story on this guy? Just OK but a disappointment given the expectations?

I think that about covers it.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

8 hours ago, 14 in Green said:

Just to help you catch up on what you've missed. We now have a Pro Bowl Safety and a potential franchise QB. Other then that we still suck.

Oh wait. We DID sign some special teams demon. I'm told we stole him from the Bears. So there's that!

We signed Eric Berry? You go Macc!

9 hours ago, DMaynard said:

Awesome. This is a surefire sign that our luck is changing around here. The Jets used to send fans to an early grave....now they’re bringing our fans back from the dead!

The future is bright. Go Jets!!!

8 hours ago, jetstream23 said:

Awesome. This is a surefire sign that our luck is changing around here. The Jets used to send fans to an early grave....now they’re bringing our fans back from the dead!

The future is bright. Go Jets!!!

hahahahaha. Thanks

"Section 208. Where is section 208? Somebody, somebody take me to section 208"
"Hey, isn't that guy dead?"
"Yeah, but he is a Jets fan and heard they finally drafted a QB near the top of the first round".

Archived