AJ MacCarron released

UnknownJetFan

9 minutes ago, UnknownJetFan said:

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/03/14/raiders-release-aj-mccarron/

He can be a good Backup for Jets if we don't want to just go with Webb who has no exp.

Jmo I think he isn't going anywhere. Gruden has to create the illusion they might take a Qb at four.   Do you hear that Giants the Raiders might be drafted a Qb at four.  

Jmo I think he isn't going anywhere. Gruden has to create the illusion they might take a Qb at four.   Do you hear that Giants the Raiders might be drafted a Qb at four.  

Maybe. After the romantic one on one game of catch Carr and AB played today, I think that illusion may struggle to gain traction.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

1 minute ago, David Harris said:

Noodle arm- not loved by teammates - I really want Mccown back on the cheap, think he’s good for Sam

jordy Nelson just released too btw

If you're thinking about giving a shot to a former #1 WR looking for lightning in a bottle, would you put Jordy over Dez?

5 minutes ago, peekskill68 said:

If you're thinking about giving a shot to a former #1 WR looking for lightning in a bottle, would you put Jordy over Dez?

Jordy in a heart beat. Much more of a team player who had 63 catches last year.

5 minutes ago, peekskill68 said:

I think Bryant’s injury will be near impossible to come back from. It will further limit his athletic ability, which was already fading, which was the only thing he ever had. He cannot run a route tree, where as Jordy Nelson is an excellent route runner and at this stage could be a chain moveR

13 minutes ago, peekskill68 said:

I would, bigger target and still a red zone threat. dez can’t win the jump balls anymore

2 hours ago, GREENBEAN said:

Maybe. After the romantic one on one game of catch Carr and AB played today, I think that illusion may struggle to gain traction.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

Still can take a young Qb to groom behind Carr - Right.    See where I'm going there.   Btw that's the second Carr Ab throwing session together.

2 hours ago, Raideraholic said:

Still can take a young Qb to groom behind Carr - Right.    See where I'm going there.   Btw that's the second Carr Ab throwing session together.

Pish Posh lol  First or second love fest doesn't remove my high brow layer of comedy gold there.  :)   

Truth is I like Carr. The BS that was made about his 'crying' face of pain was way over blown and I think he's a very good QB. I was unhappy that the Jets passed on him.  I also think the AB genuinely likes him, or at minimum wants to believe he likes him. Carr will get his shot IMO. If it's not looking good this season Gruden already has a nice chunk of draft capital to get a new guy next year if he wants. Plus he can get something for Carr.  Better class too from what I'm hearing. (I don't know personally) 

I really didn't want the Jets to go for AB. I don't think it's the right time for a guy like him here. The Raiders though? Gruden has professed his love for AB in the past and I think he is the right coach to give that experiment a shot. He's gonna build a solid O line with Brown already being there. 3 firsts this year to add to the party. You guys are set up well if it can come together. 

On 3/14/2019 at 6:11 PM, Joe W. Namath said:

The qbs in camp will be darnold, mccown, david fales and webb.

McCown is finished

Webb is another Hackenberg 

Fales lives up to his name

McCarron would be a good backup

Archived