What's the difference?

NYJ1

As a result of this FA push, how much better is this team? In the win column that is. Ultimately any move any football team makes is in an effort to win more football games.

Does this make this team bound for the playoffs? Or is this just a waste of money?

My feeling as of right now they still have nobody at corner and they let two of their best players walk. The ST will most certainly take a hit. The secondary should get lit up like a Christmas tree.

Honestly, I don't see this team being much better before the draft. Maybe one more win? What are your thoughts?

1 minute ago, NYJ1 said:

As a result of this FA push, how much better is this team? In the win column that is. Ultimately any move any football team makes is in an effort to win more football games.

Does this make this team bound for the playoffs? Or is this just a waste of money?

My feeling as of right now they still have nobody at corner and they let two of their best players walk. The ST will most certainly take a hit. The secondary should get lit up like a Christmas tree.

Honestly, I don't see this team being much better before the draft. Maybe one more win? What are your thoughts?

Their Super Bowl odds were cut in half

2 minutes ago, NYJ1 said:

Who did you want them to get that would make you think they would win? 

2 minutes ago, NYJ1 said:

There's still a lot more to happen between now and the start of the season.

We let go two ST guys who before last year had done ... not a lot. Doesn't mean we'll suck at ST. Kick returns are built on blocking as well as the return man, and every year we've brought in a cast-off kicker and he's over performed for us. 

There'll be another CB signed / drafted ... could be Claiborne back on a reasonable deal, or someone else. Plus, if / when we get an actual edge rusher that'll improve the secondary by default. And Skrine was addition by subtraction.

7 minutes ago, NYJ1 said:

Wait and see how the rest of free agency goes, then the draft and some more guys are gonna get cut loose because of the salary cap.

Not a playoff team. But if they stay healthy they will be better than they were the past three years

2 minutes ago, New York Mick said:

Who did you want them to get that would make you think they would win? 

Well, at least a corner for start. They still need to replace Barr not coming. And of course ST players. The ST right now does not look like a very good unit imo? What about a FB to compliment Bell? What about a Tackle?

You see this team had needs virtually everywhere, this fa period is definitely a step in the right direction, but I can't see it making a difference in the win column.

10 minutes ago, NYJ1 said:

We got alot better, best def and off player in FA is on the Jets. I hear what you are asking and get it, time will tell. BUT we definely did great, much better than recent memory. I think expecting playoffs is certainly appropriate. 

For the record we did not let two of our best players walk, the kicker is too volatile. and for returns, he did great but we can get good returns from others.

really those guys will have very minimal effect if we signed them and would have cost too much.

5 minutes ago, NYJ1 said:

Well, at least a corner for start. They still need to replace Barr not coming. And of course ST players. The ST right now does not look like a very good unit imo? What about a FB to compliment Bell? What about a Tackle?

You see this team had needs virtually everywhere, this fa period is definitely a step in the right direction, but I can't see it making a difference in the win column.

1. They have Tru and Darryl Roberts. With Gregg Williams coaching them. I trust him

2. They kept the ST coach. I trust him

3. a FB? In this day and age? are you nuts?

4. Beachum and SHell(if healthy) are solid tackles.

It starts with having a franchise QB to sustain success. Hopefully Darnold is the answer so the Jets can stop the circle jerk, they call roster building.

The Jets signed FA’s in their primes, not to say signing someone like Justin Houston wouldn’t be a bad idea either. They’re not band-aids so these aren’t short-term solutions.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The thing that is very hard to quantify is the coaching.

Our coaching should definitely be better, but how much better?

If Darnold takes the expected jump, we should be competitive and have a shot at a wild card. Of course, let's see how the draft turns out. 

Our ST unit had 2 pro bowlers and we still only won 4 games. I think people are blowing it wayyyyyyyyyyyyy out of proportion. There's a big free agent that's unsigned and we apparently aren't interested in (Houston) which makes absolutely no sense to me. I'd say right now we're a 6-10 7-9 team. However adding Houston, Allen/Bosa, a CB and a healthy season from Maye could change the whole dynamic of the defense and could turn the tide for this team.

I think you all are completely underestimating what Mosley will do for this def....regardless of how you feel about his contract he is a massive upgrade to Lee... And will be the play caller and comes from a long standing Def. Powerhouse in Baltimore where they all love him and were willing to pay up to 15 mill a year to keep him... Mosley alone would transform this Def... Add in a defensive mind like Williams and a pass rusher at 3.... Hot damn this is going to be one mean group... 

Bell is the type of back that will change the way defenses play against the jets... Because of his route running and great hands he is a huge dual threat that allows you to effectively use play action and slow pass rush... Which in turn makes the off line look better... 

Whether you see it or not... Those two players alone completely change the dynamic of the team 

1 hour ago, NYJ1 said:

You’re ******* worried about STs and a ******* FB seriously. Gase doesn’t really use a FB. 

1 hour ago, UntouchableCrew said:

If you’re genuinely upset about losing Jason Myers you’re an irredeemable imbecile.

I knew it was going to happen because Jets fans are generally idiots, and make Meryl Streep look like a sideshow act in the drama department. 

The coaching change alone gives us 2 more wins minimum.

It's a funny old era we live in at the moment. A team can be a divisional playoff team one year and a 5-11 the next.

If Gase and co coach well and adding these guys I guess we could be 8-11 wins.  Nothing less than playoffs is acceptable. 6-10 doesn't cut it.

2 hours ago, Team archer said:

What was our record 4-12? Unless we get a number 1 reciever to unstack the box vs Bell, i think at best we are 7-9/8-8. An emerging reciever would help us so much. Plus if we dont have a good pass rush, our cornersWILL get torched every game.

I disagree.

The Jets of 2018 are kind of like a racehorse who was unlucky and got boxed in during a number of races.  The Jets were an 8 win team last year with YOU coaching, probably.  Lots of people who didn’t watch all the games just look at the final record and think they’re just a 4 win team.  Also remember that 3 of the losses came with McCown at QB, and he really didn’t give the appearance that he was happy to give up his usual 3 hours on Sunday laughing and telling jokes while making 10 Mill, and go out on the field.

Now I see them winning at least 10.  I think with Bell now in the fold they are a WILDCARD LOCK.

I really don’t see a huge need for a #1 WR...Anderson (can takethe Top off ANY D), Enunwa, Crowder, Chris Herndon...Lev Bell is a deadly receiver too....Jets have WEAPONS GALORE, the way I see it.

The D has to be just “good enough” and the Jets will win many games, and they will be at least that with Williams coaching them.

4 minutes ago, JoeWillieWhiteShoesHOF said:

I disagree.

The Jets of 2018 are kind of like a racehorse who was unlucky and got boxed in during a number of races.  The Jets were an 8 win team last year with YOU coaching, probably.  Lots of people who didn’t watch all the games just look at the final record and think they’re just a 4 win team.  Also remember that 3 of the losses came with McCown at QB, and he really didn’t give the appearance that he was happy to give up his usual 3 hours on Sunday laughing and telling jokes while making 10 Mill, and go out on the field.

Now I see them winning at least 10.  I think with Bell now in the fold they are a WILDCARD LOCK.

I really don’t see a huge need for a #1 WR...Anderson (can takethe Top off ANY D), Enunwa, Crowder, Chris Herndon...Lev Bell is a deadly receiver too....Jets have WEAPONS GALORE, the way I see it.

The D has to be just “good enough” and the Jets will win many games, and they will be at least that with Williams coaching them.

I completely agree on this entire post. 

At least 3 more wins with better coaching.

They definately have a shot at a wild card next season. I think some people are forgetting how amazing of a RB Bell could be. 

I don't think a true WR 1 is necessary. How many teams with these WR 1 made the playoffs or went deep.

Jones, Beckham, Brown, Green, Evans. No coincidence that all these players were mentioned in potential trades on this forum.

And I believe the defense will be more than good enough. 

Good post @JoeWillieWhiteShoesHOF

6 hours ago, UnitedWhofans said:

1. They have Tru and Darryl Roberts. With Gregg Williams coaching them. I trust him

2. They kept the ST coach. I trust him

3. a FB? In this day and age? are you nuts?

4. Beachum and SHell(if healthy) are solid tackles.

Tru was the biggest fa bust last year

Archived